Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans

Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
2/13/12 at
11:31:17 AM

They're not getting the previously announced trap-door/drop capsule slide.

This sounds like a viable alternative, although the other plan held more appeal for me.

I've actually, in my dozens upon dozens of visits to GAdv, never visited Hurricane Harbor since its opening.

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54599-six-flags-hurricane-harbor-new-water-slide-king-cobra-summer-2012

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans by alpengeistno3 at 2/13/12 9:18:24 PM

I understand, Mike. I worked at BGE for 3 years and despite having free admission, I never went to Water Country until my last month there.

It's easy to walk around an amusement park by myself without a second thought, but I always feel "awkward" doing so at a water park. Anyone else feel that way?

Paul

Re: Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/14/12 12:41:55 AM

I've been going to Great Adventure since 2003 as a season pass holder and I just went to HH for the first time in 2011. It was a really fun day, but I wasn't alone. I think water parks are better for group experiences, but I feel that way about the dry park too.

I've only been to SFGAdv alone once.

I do think this is a wayyyyy better addition to the water park. It has visual appeal and it looks quite fun!

- mugen828

Re: Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 2/14/12 1:07:45 AM

> I understand, Mike. I worked at BGE for 3 years and despite
> having free admission, I never went to Water Country until
> my last month there.

> It's easy to walk around an amusement park by myself
> without a second thought, but I always feel
> "awkward" doing so at a water park. Anyone else
> feel that way?

> Paul

Same here. I mean, it's not like I'm afraid of water or can't swim, but I never really cared much for the water park sections of a park. I like the dry rides more and prefer not to be soaked.

Re: Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/14/12 5:37:56 AM

I used to love waterparks, but with the weight I carry around, the climbs to the top of the slides just take too much out of me physically. I have no qualms about going myself, but if I go, I'm likely to just hit the lazy river, wave pool, or a water-play area with lots of outlets and a dump bucket.

Mike

Re: Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/15/12 1:30:56 PM

> I understand, Mike. I worked at BGE for 3 years and despite
> having free admission, I never went to Water Country until
> my last month there.

> It's easy to walk around an amusement park by myself
> without a second thought, but I always feel
> "awkward" doing so at a water park. Anyone else
> feel that way?

> Paul

> Same here. I mean, it's not like I'm afraid of water or
> can't swim, but I never really cared much for the water
> park sections of a park. I like the dry rides more and
> prefer not to be soaked.

Ditto. I went to HH when it first opened for a couple of years when it was included in the season pass at no additional charge. Only went when one of my friends with kids would go and I would mostly go in the wave pool or tan in the lazy river LOL. Lines at waterparks are usually ridiculous and to wait 1 hour to go down a 10 second slide is not worth it IMO. I hate to walk around wet too so it's one or the other for me and I prefer the other. :~)

Jen

Re: Change In GAdv's Waterpark Plans by skc2000 at 2/16/12 4:44:46 AM

Depending on the park some waterparks charge very high prices to rent the lockers to store your clothes like $10 a locker plus if it,s really hot then you can get sunburn all over your body.But i might go ocasionally if the waterpark is attached to a theme park & admission to the waterpark is included with admission to the theme park(Dorney Park; SFNE; Darien lake).

skc2000