Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans!

Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans!

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
2/4/12 at
7:03:01 AM

Discovered two coaster names this morning that I'd never heard of..found them solely by chance.

Cool name: Easily makes my top 5 of great names:

http://www.rcdb.com/1060.htm?p=0

Maybe the funniest name I've seen:

http://www.rcdb.com/9128.htm?p=0

I know there's been threads about names before, but these were just too good to pass up!

Mike

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by NotSo NotSo Profile at 2/4/12 7:31:34 AM

I always thought two of the best names ever were,

Serial Thriller and Mind Eraser, both at GL.

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/4/12 7:42:23 AM

Hahahahaha!!!LOL! HangOver sounds like a coaster off of the Simpsons.

Holly's Wilde Autofahrt, hilarous! Check out that coasters theming; Why are cops and one burgular chillin' playing cards together? Maybe they are corrupt cops! Notice the donuts and pizzas that they already had eaten. That's some wacky stuff!

www.rcdb.com/9128.htm?p=29648

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/4/12 7:58:36 AM

> I always thought two of the best names ever were,

> Serial Thriller and Mind Eraser, both at GL.

>
There was a Serial Thriller at Astroworld, too, which is now at La Ronde. I didn't know that GL's Thunderhawk, which I rode, was previously known as Serial Thriller. I'm pretty sure my first visit was in '04, the year it BECAME Thunderhawk. Serial Thriller has always been one of my favorite names since I read about Astroworld's years ago.

But I don't recall..or see on RCDB..a Mind Eraser at GL. SF America and SFNE, for sure.

Mike

*EDIT* Upon further review..I see there WAS a Mind Eraser at GL. It was Head Spin when I rode, and I also rode it as Carolina Cobra at Carowinds.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/4/12 8:24:50 PM

LMAO! As for Hangover, do you ride it when you have one as a cure or does it give you one? That's important information! :~)

Jen

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 2/5/12 4:01:31 PM

Isn't there a "Dog Fart" coaster out there? Yall remember that video from TRP where the dog acutally farts on the train? That's an amazing coaster. I looked for it but couldn't find it.

-Pat-O

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by alpengeistno3 at 2/6/12 12:42:08 AM

> Isn't there a "Dog Fart" coaster out there? Yall
> remember that video from TRP where the dog acutally farts
> on the train? That's an amazing coaster. I looked for it
> but couldn't find it.

> -Pat-O

Unfortunately, I believe it is "Dog Fart" in Danish or Sweedish or one of those Nordic countries. Maybe a google search will turn it up if you try translating it.

Paul

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by looper77 at 2/6/12 12:56:12 AM

> Hahahahaha!!!LOL! HangOver sounds like a coaster off of the
> Simpsons.

> Holly's Wilde Autofahrt, hilarous! Check out that coasters
> theming; Why are cops and one burgular chillin' playing
> cards together? Maybe they are corrupt cops! Notice the
> donuts and pizzas that they already had eaten. That's some
> wacky stuff!

> > href="http://www.rcdb.com/9128.htm?p=29648">www.rcdb.com/9128.htm?p=29648

Seeing it in bold print on the ride's entry sign is so "in your face"! LOL.

Google translates the hilarious Autofahrt to the more generic "car ride"

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/6/12 2:51:49 PM

> Isn't there a "Dog Fart" coaster out there? Yall
> remember that video from TRP where the dog acutally farts
> on the train? That's an amazing coaster. I looked for it
> but couldn't find it.

> -Pat-O

Here ya go!

http://rcdb.com/1332.htm

From U.S. to Guatemala with utmost respect.

Mike

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/6/12 3:17:28 PM

> Google translates the hilarious Autofahrt to the more
> generic "car ride"

And "Holly's Wild Car Ride" just doesn't have that certain "je ne sais quoi.."

Michel

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 2/9/12 10:47:11 PM

Rob did a great job with this.

- Pat-O

Bon Bon land

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/10/12 5:52:40 AM

> Rob did a great job with this.

> - Pat-O

Nice. I don't look at TPR so I never saw that vid before. Looks like a pretty cool place, and I like the idea of the self-powered rides.

Mike

Re: Coaster Names...Those Wacky Europeans! by IwantIceCream at 2/10/12 1:59:48 PM

Great Name:

Saw: The Ride - Thorpe Park

w/Love From IwantIceCream (formerly AtlantaCoaster) :-)

http://www.rcdb.com/4162.htm?p=22374