Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > American Fairs or European?

American Fairs or European?

Timber-Rider

Posted:
2/2/12 at
12:03:37 AM

I responded to a post about what carnival shows up in your town, and I was wondering if any of you have been to fairs in other countries. And who has the best fairs, and the best thrills?

I often hunt on youtube for crazy carnival rides, and I always find that the most insane carnival rides are in europe, some in England, and a lot in Germany. And, some of the rides I see look far more intense then anything in the United States. plus they have some very cool roller coasters. Like the looping bahn coaster. They also had the Olympic looping bahn, and a traveling inverted coaster. Nothing like that in the United States.

Sometimes I see these things, I kind of feel jipped. Two rides that I really found shocking was the Circus ride. Holy Crap that looks insane. That and an orbiter type ride, where the cars flip freely, and, are twisted in all kinds of directions. Why don't we have these rides in the US?

At any rate, my favorite fair in my area is the Allegan County fair. (Michigan) They have a good selection of rides. Reasonably priced concerts, and lots of shade. Where some fairs are in an open field where you spend all day baking in the sun. The only thing I don't like is that the carnival has a no single rider policy on some of it's rides. I think that SUCKS!!

Re: American Fairs or European? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/2/12 5:40:52 AM

> The only thing I don't like is that the
> carnival has a no single rider policy on some of it's
> rides. I think that SUCKS!!

It's because of that rule that I haven't rode a Zipper since probably my teenage years. My parish carnival has had one the last few years, and I'm not sure I'd fit, but I haven't been able to go on it because of the single rider rule.

Mike