Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > I'm off to Guatemala, again!

I'm off to Guatemala, again!

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
1/31/12 at
12:25:20 PM

Hello friends. It's been a few months since I last posted. Mainly because my coaster riding has been nil over the fall in winter.

I am leaving today for Guatemala. I have an internship at the US embassy. This is a part of my public affairs masters degree requirement at the LBJ School of Public Affairs at Texas.

I'll be back in late April. I will be making a trip to Xetulul to ride coasters and visit the water park. Look for a TR!

- Pat-O

Re: I'm off to Guatemala, again! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/31/12 2:08:31 PM

Good luck Pat-O. Nice to hear from you again!

Re: I'm off to Guatemala, again! by drachen drachen Profile at 1/31/12 2:52:42 PM

> I'll be back in late April. I will be making a trip to
> Xetulul to ride coasters and visit the water park. Look for
> a TR!

Jealous...

I left Guatemala in 2001, so I missed Xetulul by a year. One day I'll get there. I'm glad that you'll get an opportunity this time around.

Xocomil looks like a fantastic waterpark too. Both parks look heavily themed, and a lot of fun.

Good luck with the internship too.

Re: I'm off to Guatemala, again! by rocketmover at 1/31/12 4:58:38 PM

Have a great trip - I've been twice on mission trips to an orphanage in Aldea Aguacate - Hogar Miguel Magone - neat country. If you get bored, maybe you can find some pictures of the NAD racing coaster in Guatemala City circa 1953-1960 - I've only ever seen one picture of it, similar to the one in Mexico City - supposedly was carted away for firewood after its demise, but must have been something in its time!!

Re: I'm off to Guatemala, again! by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 1/31/12 6:02:07 PM

Have fun Patton!