Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces

SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces

IwantIceCream

Posted:
1/14/12 at
11:57:59 AM

Hello Everybody....

Long time, no see. :-)

As 2012 dawns, it is time for AtlantaCoaster to resurface. SO HERE I AM..though with a name change.

To start off, I want to put rumors of my whereabouts to rest... I am not (and have not been)....
1. Dead
2. In the hospital connected to tubes
3. Travelling abroad
4. Laying in the gutter

I no longer live in Atlanta....I now live in Easton, Pennsylvania.

I sold my Atlanta house a couple of years ago and moved to where I can have some close proximity to aging parents who from time to time are needing someone to assist them. They are mostly OK but they are also coming to an age where someone better keep an eye on things (a responsibility I share with my 2 brothers who are also located locally).

So far the parents have not burned down their house. On a serious note, Mother was seriously ill for most of 2010 - this occurred right after I moved to PA - and it did disrupt
my schedule in terms of starting work in PA, buying a house on this end of the move and so forth. I am happy to report that after a series of surgeries (this went on for months) she DID fully recover and is now enjoying retirement with my Father- but
I did have to put everything else on hold (starting to work, househunting in PA etc) and run their household for most of 2010.

I also was dealing with career-related issues along with OTHER family-related issues during these past few years which did take me COMPLETELY out of coaster-related activities. I even let my ACE Membership lapse in 2007.

It kind of sounds like I "grew up". LOL - Never. It is more like I "got a life". :-)

Well, I am now ready to start getting back into riding again for 2012. I rejoined ACE for 2012 - and I am looking forward to some of the events in my new region. :-) This time, however, I will not be attending EVERYTHING. Due to many of the factors that I listed above, I do have some real-life priorities to handle now.

I LOOK FORWARD TOO SEEING MANY OF YOU AGAIN SOON....

So what have all of you been up to? I realize some of you have started (or ended) marriages and relationships. Some of you have even been producing a new generation of coaster riders. :-)

Congratulations. :-)

I look forward to reconnecting...and returning to some great experiences again with friends.

I have not decided which park to claim as my "Home Park". If it is supposed to be the closest park to where I live, it would have to be the perpetually flooded tiny Bushkill Park. The closest theme park for me is Dorney Park. I am also thinking HersheyPark or even Knoebels might qualify. It won't be SFGAdv.
Decisions Decisions....

I am looking forward to Stinger - though I rode it in San Jose numerous times. SkyRush also looks like it will be great.

It's nice to be back.

Best Regards, IwantIceCream (formerly known as AtlantaCoaster)

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by Patripman Patripman Profile at 1/15/12 8:15:40 AM

> Hello Everybody....

> Long time, no see. :-)

> As 2012 dawns, it is time for AtlantaCoaster to resurface.
> SO HERE I AM..though with a name change.

> To start off, I want to put rumors of my whereabouts to
> rest... I am not (and have not been)....
> 1. Dead
> 2. In the hospital connected to tubes
> 3. Travelling abroad
> 4. Laying in the gutter

So I guess it is safe to remove your name from the list that was started about the "older" URC posters who seemed to disappear without a trace like: Jersey Joe, Ed Chillforce, Keven Reed, Myself, Shaggy, Jeff Coaster 3:16, URC Webmaster Eric and others.
Welcome back to Pa I guess.

Patripman

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by CarolH at 1/15/12 5:06:32 PM

Glad to hear you are still alive & kicking. Maybe we will run into you somewhere in 2012.

Carol & Scott

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 1/16/12 2:16:01 AM

> So I guess it is safe to remove your name from the list
> that was started about the "older" URC posters
> who seemed to disappear without a trace like: Jersey Joe,
> Ed Chillforce, Keven Reed, Myself, Shaggy, Jeff Coaster
> 3:16, URC Webmaster Eric and others.
> Welcome back to Pa I guess.

Where have I gone?

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by sparky sparky Profile at 1/16/12 9:17:28 AM

> Where have I gone?
>

Lies. Until you physically show up (as in living...not a replacement animatronic for Hall of Presidents...you are Santa Claus to me. Now bring me presents, drink some 40s in a crappy hotel in Ashland, VA and stop with the press releases!

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 1/16/12 11:57:05 AM

> Patripman

I am still here!

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by MABrider MABrider Profile at 1/16/12 1:20:41 PM

sparky wrote:
> ...you are Santa Claus to me.

Speaking of Santa Claus, didn't I actually sit with you, AtlantaCoaster-now-IwantIceCream, at Holiday World during SRM (not HWN) while we had some Udderly Blue ice cream (soft serve)?

I know for certain I did that with sparky once, and I think you were there, too. It was the only time I've had Udderly Blue, so I'm guessing this memory is accurate.

I think I remember your first name, too.

Welcome back!

Mike B. (used to post as MABrider)

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by IwantIceCream at 1/16/12 1:34:51 PM

Hi MAB...

Certainly I remember meeting you at HW and sharing the Udderly Blue Ice Cream.

Unfortunately, it was one of the last happy moments at that particular event. I prefer not to revisit that particular section of Memory Lane.

Looking forward to running into you again soon - and sharing discussion on URC as we always did.

Best Regards - IwantIceCream (formerly known as AtlantaCoaster)

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/16/12 2:29:32 PM

> didn't I actually sit with you, AtlantaCoaster-now-IwantIceCream

Couldn't help but mention the Knights who until recently said Neep

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by AirBear AirBear Profile at 2/8/12 12:05:08 AM

I just had to re-surface here at URC after a way-too-long hibernation and say that this thread has brought a big smile to my face. Whether going by AtlantaCoaster, IwantIceCream, or some other "handle", it's certainly good to see you posting here again.

Welcome back Bill. Hopefully Colleen and I will get to see you at some park in the not-too-distant future.

Rick W - AirBear

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 2/8/12 7:17:15 AM

LOL

I had no idea that this thread was "Who's Who or URC's Past".

Nice to see all these familiar names from the hey day of URC.

Joe
Great_Ump
formerly GR8_Ump

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 2/8/12 3:46:54 PM

Joe- I could argue that URC has had a revival the past couple of years. There's been a strong group posting here and I know several of them meet at the park's regularly.

There will be a nice present here delivered in the next week.

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/8/12 3:52:13 PM

> There will be a nice present here delivered in the next
> week.

Cedar Fair passes for everyone!!! YAY!

Seriously..look forward to the announcement, whatever it is, Eric.

Mike

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by DRFEELGOOD DRFEELGOOD Profile at 2/24/12 6:56:14 PM
Hello everyone im new to URC but not entirely unknown Sparky Mark Stromsberg for instance you would know me as Duncan Daughetee in Mesa, AZ. My chosen username/profession on URC being DrFeelgood. I haven't seen or heard from you in a long time. Hope you'll contact me. Would be most excellent to catch up. How's that Babbette traveling these days? Front or rear car?

DrFeelgood. Duncan Daughetee see my profile for contact info. Happy coastering!!!

Re: SURPRISE! As 2012 Dawns...AtlantaCoaster Resurfaces by IndianaCoaster at 3/20/12 10:42:36 PM
Ok, ok. While I was more of a reader than a poster, I too have been absent from these boards for the better part of 3 or 4 years (kids'll do that to you). I enjoyed seeing a post from AtlantaCoaster...a name I recognized. Then, I see a list of MIA Posters, all of whom were the avid posters I remember from a few years ago. They're nowhere to be found? And, they're being referred to as "old?" If I identify with them, then I'm old too? Damn. Time to find my dentures and see if Matlock's on...