Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy

Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
1/11/12 at
4:17:55 PM

Sorry about the short notice, but for anyone who's interested...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2012/01/11/tv-tonight-haunted-kings-island-vs-cincys-wonder-woman/

I've never watched the show, but I might give this a shot.

Mike

Re: Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy by alpengeistno3 at 1/11/12 7:09:06 PM

Ghost Hunters...at KI? What happened? Did they get a call about ghosts in what used to be Scooby's Haunted Mansion :)

On a slightly more serious note, there has always been talk about a house at SFA that is haunted. Maybe if the KI thing goes well, they will consider coming here to make something up...er, check it out.

Paul

Re: Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/11/12 7:20:08 PM

Mike - thanks for staying on top of this. Now I remember posting a heads up last month, but to be honest I had totally forgotten all about it.

Paul - plenty of ghost stories at KI. Best known is Tower Johnny.
You should brush up on your urban legends!

Re: Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy by alpengeistno3 at 1/12/12 12:27:38 AM

> Paul - plenty of ghost stories at KI. Best known is Tower
> Johnny.
> You should brush up on your urban legends!

I wasn't really poking fun of KI as much as I was Ghost Hunters being there. The last episode I saw at at friends house tripped my "BS" meter.

Paul

Re: Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/12/12 12:51:39 AM

> I wasn't really poking fun of KI as much as I was Ghost
> Hunters being there. The last episode I saw at at friends
> house tripped my "BS" meter.

I've never watched the show before, but we'd heard they had taped at KI at a coaster club event. I've been in tower #2 at the canyon and never heard about that particular "legend". I was disappointed though that Tower Johnny was never even mentioned!

All I could think during the second half of the show was how easily the whole flashlight thing could have been staged.

Re: Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/12/12 7:24:59 AM

> All I could think during the second half of the show was
> how easily the whole flashlight thing could have been
> staged.

I watched most of the segment, but I hate watching shows like that, where people just walk around, talk in sound bites, and nothing ever happens. It was my first time watching, too. This show is about as close to "reality" as Dark Knight is to being an exciting ride.

I watched Chelsea Handler's new show right before that. It's far from classic, but at least I chuckled a coupla times..so it had some entertainment value for me, unlike Ghost Hunters.

Mike

Re: Kings Island On Ghost Hunters Tonight On SyFy by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 1/16/12 12:01:04 PM

Wouldn't "Tower Johnny" be a great handle here on URC?

Regards,
Kevin Reid