Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Questions about rides similar to Terminal Velocity.

Questions about rides similar to Terminal Velocity.

skc2000

Posted:
1/5/12 at
5:22:39 AM

I know that this is not coaster related plus the ride had an accident a year ago anyways here,s the thing.Back in july 2009 when i visited the dells back then right across the street from Mount Olympus Theme Park is a park called Extreme World.This park has a Skycoaster there as well as a bungee jump ride & a sling shot & the ride Terminal Velocity which had an accident a year ago.

Now when i was at the dells 2 years ago in july 2009 i did both the bungee jump ride & Terminal Velocity which had an accident a year ago.Now the ride Terminal Velocity where you fall down around 100 feet into a double net i have a few questions about that ride.

1)This ride i happen to like that ride alot & i wonder if there are any other parks in the USA with that type of ride.Any other parks in the USA with the same type of ride?

2)After the accident a year ago any chance of the ride reopening?

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

skc2000.

Re: Questions about rides similar to Terminal Velocity. by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 7:13:54 AM

(1) No, Terminal Velocity was the only unattached freefall in the world.

(2) Extreme World got foreclosed in 10' so realistically, given Terminal Velocity's history with that unfortunate accident, I'll be shocked if anything like it opens again.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/article_b49163a6-9cc8-11df-aa0a-001cc4c03286.html

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Questions about rides similar to Terminal Velocity. by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 1/8/12 8:06:35 PM

I remember seeing a SCAD tower at a park in Texas in 2002, and chickening out. I just googled SCAD and found that park, Zero Gravity, with a youtube video. However that was dated 2009 and I don't know if that ride is around anymore.

Re: Questions about rides similar to Terminal Velocity. by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 10:58:15 PM

^^^My bad, thanks for the correct info. I'm blaming my misinfomation on Bert the Conqueror who has ridden Terminal Velocity, and erroneously said that it is was the only ride of it's kind. I dunno what's gonna become of Terminal Velocity. The Dallas SCAD Tower (at Zero Gravity, the name of the Extreme Thrill Park) is currently operating as 'Nothin but Net' pretty fitting for the city with the NBA champs.

www.gojump.com/things-to-do-dallas/nothin-but-net/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QbR0R_229Y

* This Post Has Been Modified *