Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Worst coaster logos

Worst coaster logos

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
1/3/12 at
3:53:57 AM

I had to make the obligatory 'red headed stepchild' counterpart to the old school 'Best coaster logos' thread. What are some of the most hideous or unadorned coaster logos that you've seen? It might be a coaster that you enjoy riding, but it just happens to have an eye-squenching logo. Here are mine.

Hurler (same at KD & Carowinds)- I get that it's a Wanye's world thing or whatever, but I'm not feelin' it.
www.rcdb.com/93.htm?p=33206

Carolina Cyclone- Probably my favorite Arrow looper out there outside of Nessie, but the logo looks like an oily crashing wave instead of a Cyclone.
www.rcdb.com/81.htm?p=147

Primeval Whirl- Maybe those 'Parts of AK's theming ruined the Disney Magic' people had a point afterall.
www.rcdb.com/1566.htm?p=22410

RIP coaster mention...

Python- Don't get me wrong, I love old school logos, but this one had 'tube slide at the waterpark' written all over it. To compare it to Nessie is like night & day.
www.rcdb.com/96.htm?p=5173

That's all that I have for now.

Re: Worst coaster logos by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 5:42:42 AM

Breaking news.....All of URC loves every single coaster logo ever created! :)

Re: Worst coaster logos by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 1/8/12 11:29:18 AM

Flight Deck's logo is bland and unimaginative, just like the name.

I agree with Carolina Cyclone's logo.

Backlot Stunt Coaster - CF tried to make it too much like Italian Job's old logo. The ride deserved a better name and logo.

G-Dog

Re: Worst coaster logos by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 1/8/12 12:57:16 PM

I really don't pay too much attention to logos. If they are really good, they will catch my eye but I don't care if they are bad, bland, generic or whatever. All I care about is if the coaster is bad, bland generic or whatever! :~)

Jen

Re: Worst coaster logos by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 1:36:57 PM

^^^I feel ya. To be honest, the main bad coaster logo that caught my eye from the que entrance was Python. The only thing I remember concerning to area around Prieval Whirl was a realm of awful loud orange, yellow, and other highly vivid colors.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Worst coaster logos by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 2:11:58 PM

> Flight Deck's logo is bland and unimaginative, just like
> the name.

> I agree with Carolina Cyclone's logo.

> Backlot Stunt Coaster - CF tried to make it too much like
> Italian Job's old logo. The ride deserved a better name and
> logo.

> G-Dog

I totally agree with the names & logos of Flight Deck & BLSC.

Flight Deck's looks like an 80's TV production logo.
www.rcdb.com/73.htm?p=22009

BLCS's just yells 'Cheap fill-in'.
www.rcdb.com/3302.htm?p=33413

Re: Worst coaster logos by Link Link Profile at 1/8/12 2:43:41 PM

> Carolina Cyclone- Probably my favorite Arrow looper out
> there outside of Nessie, but the logo looks like an oily
> crashing wave instead of a Cyclone.

Yes, but can you see the face in the logo? ;-)

Re: Worst coaster logos by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 2:46:57 PM

^^^Dang! Now that you pointed it out, I see the face. That being said, it still looks extremely tacky. Also it doesn't help that the sign materal looks like plywood.

Re: Worst coaster logos by Link Link Profile at 1/8/12 3:20:50 PM

Not to hijack your thread, but how about worst/unusual naming and/or theming?:

Storm Runner--What's with the horse? What does that have to do with a storm? Or am I missing something?
http://cache.rcdb.com/cbog0jgg006a4i56lnig9c.jpg

Stealth at Thorpe park--Given the name, why does it look like an old hot rod instead of a futuristic aircraft?
http://cache.rcdb.com/2h75192jarp87i6gc16001.jpg

Some coasters have such terrible, non-creative names/themes that it seems downright lazy:

Silver Bullet....isn't silver? Brilliant.
Great Bear.....is inverted? Wow.
Big Bad Wolf.....flies through a Bavarian village? Not how I remember the story, but, ummm, okay.
Iron Wolf.....is a stand-up. Really?
Scream......over a parking lot? I guess. *shrugs*

Silly names:
--Nemesis Inferno
--Thirteen
--Back Lot Stunt Coaster
--Magnum XL-200: Great ride, but that's just a silly name
--More that I can't think of right off the top of my head......

No offense, but some coasters in Asia are painted with the most gawd-awful pastel colors! It's gotten to the point where I can instantly tell in the random picture on RCDB if a coaster is Asian or not just by the color scheme. I mean, I know we have cultural differences, but sheesh! Some of these color schemes are just plain uuuuuugggglyyyy!
http://cache.rcdb.com/3ge2b2i56lnioka4goh800.jpg
I mean, look at that thing: The track is puke-colored and the supports are Barbie doll pink. Bleah!

Re: Worst coaster logos by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/8/12 10:24:16 PM

^^^Good stuff Link, expanding the horizons is just fine, you're not hijacking. I agree with alot that you said; The main thing I disagree is with the Asian coasters color schemes; I'm all for something that stands out differently; I actually think that Asian flying coaster on the link looks interesting, and pretty nice, It's just all a matter of preference. Contrastingly, I think that the US is to boring with it's seemingly 'ten main solid color' schemes; It's to the point when many US coasters all look alike.

Re: Worst coaster logos by Link Link Profile at 1/8/12 10:36:06 PM

> ^^^Good stuff Link, expanding the horizons is just fine,
> you're not hijacking. I agree with alot that you said; The
> main thing I disagree is with the Asian coasters color
> schemes; I'm all for something that stands out differently;
> I actually think that Asian flying coaster on the link
> looks interesting, and pretty nice, It's just all a matter
> of preference. Contrastingly, I think that the US is to
> boring with it's seemingly 'ten main solid color' schemes;
> It's to the point when many US coasters all look alike.

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

You have a point: There's no reason a coaster called "Storm Runner" should have a red track with white supports and yellow trains. When I think of a storm, I think of grey and black clouds. But, eh.