Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Does anyone else miss Hercules?

Does anyone else miss Hercules?

Christina87

Posted:
1/2/12 at
11:34:50 PM

Does anyone else miss the Hercules roller coaster at Dorney Park I do. Ah! teenage years :(

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 1/3/12 1:31:16 AM

I bet the local chiropractors miss it.

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/3/12 2:47:41 AM

^^^LMAO

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/3/12 5:54:10 AM

> Does anyone else miss the Hercules roller coaster at Dorney
> Park I do. Ah! teenage years :(

I miss Hercules every time I'm at Dorney. Yes, it was a bone-cruncher (hence the nicknames "Hurt Me Please" and "Hurt Your Knees" But I always found it no worse than other modern wood coasters. One factor could be, of course, that I was younger then :) Although I've come to like Hydra just a little bit, I'd still rather have Herc.

And, incidentally, good line, Eric!

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by looper77 at 1/4/12 3:33:53 AM

I miss it. It was great when it first opened. I never understood the hate towards it, much like another maligned coaster, Mean Streak. Both coasters were/are too sluggish at times to be considered "rough" to me.

Hercules crawled over it's second half past the drop under the station, and Mean Streak lumbers through the course after the MCBR.

I also like the Hersheypark Wildcat, which I would consider intense or aggressive, neither of which I would call Hercules or Mean Streak. I only wish Mean Streak was as intense as it was when it first opened...

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by Christina87 at 1/5/12 5:44:19 PM

i always hurt my side on hercules but still loved it

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 1/6/12 3:52:45 PM

A certain roller coaster already mentioned on this thread was to be renamed The Chiropractor, but the local chiropractors threatened to sue for defamation of character. :)

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? by Franchise at 1/8/12 9:47:05 PM

TheI always thought that if Dorney were to actually go through with bulding a new woodie in a few years that they should use the name Herules. They could throw out hints the year before by telling guests that a legendry ride is returning. In this personal fantasy of mine it would be a massive GCI even bigger than the original ride with the new rubber wheels they are noww offering with the MF's

Re: Does anyone else miss Hercules? Photo Icon by CedarFairMania CedarFairMania Profile at 2/16/12 9:16:35 AM

Yes I do
I love Wooden Rollercoaster's the most
User Submitted Picture

CedarFairMania