Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Flying Tires at Disney's California Adventure

Flying Tires at Disney's California Adventure

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
1/2/12 at
4:52:35 AM

Next summer DCA is gonna open the new 'Cars Land' (themed from the movie Cars) One of three rides there will be 'Luigi's Flying Tires' It is an old school hovering 'air hockey table-like' flat that Disney reincarnated; The short lived Flying Saucers (RCT flatride) which Disneyland had from 61' to 66'.

BTW, I'm sorry, but IMO 'Luigi' is synonymous with the Super Mario Brothers (At first I thought that DCA was making a Super Mario World LOL). I'm sure that the lil' tikes are VERY familiar with the Cars 'Luigi'.

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rDNT-UmvuLA

Re: Flying Tires at Disney's California Adventure by Link Link Profile at 1/2/12 7:45:55 AM

Awesome! So there's hope that some company will revive the old pinball game bumper cars!

Re: Flying Tires at Disney's California Adventure by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/2/12 10:37:34 AM

> BTW, I'm sorry, but IMO 'Luigi' is synonymous with the
> Super Mario Brothers ... I'm sure that the lil'
> tikes are VERY familiar with the Cars 'Luigi'.

"Luigi" is an Italian plumber to our family as well. Also, when we first saw Lights Motors Action at DHS a couple years ago it included a small scene featuring "Ocho" from the Herbie movies. When we returned this past year with our twenty-something sons we were all looking forward to seeing Herbie once again, but they had cut Ocho and added some lame bit with Lightning McQueen. I guess today's pre-teens would not even know about Herbie.

EDIT: Sorry, it's at DHS not DCA

* This Post Has Been Modified *