Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Going to Nagashima Spa-Land!

Going to Nagashima Spa-Land!

cellocoasterdude cellocoasterdude Profile

Posted:
12/27/11 at
12:50:41 AM

Hello everyone, and happy holidays!

As I type this, I am on the shinkansen (bullet train) headed for Nagoya to pick up a cello. Of course I can't go all the way to Nagoya without a trip to NSL.

In case I did not mention it, I moved back to Tokyo. I had a job two train stops away from NSL, but it was much too stressful for what they were paying me. I got my old job back, got another decent gig, and am forming an online educational tool with another former employer of mine.

So my wife and daughter have come with me, and we are going to see what it is like riding world-class roller coasters in ridiculously cold weather. We each have our down jackets, so we are prepared. Hoping that the cold will keep the crowds down, and lines short for the coasters.

Look for the trip report in the next couple of days.

Have a great holiday!

-Tim

Re: Going to Nagashima Spa-Land! by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 12/28/11 10:00:03 AM

Hey Tim, have fun!!

We did SFoT for their holiday in the park one year and it was somewhere in the mid 20's as I recall when we were riding. Bundled up we rode with our gloved hands in front of our faces to keep the freezing wind off because otherwise it felt like we were going to get frostbite. It was COLD! But boy was it fun. I have a feeling you're going to have a great time.