Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno

Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
12/20/11 at
12:38:42 AM

Screenwriter Diablo Cody ("Juno") was on the Tonite Show tonite (Monday) and spoke at length about her "main hobby", riding roller coasters. She said she is interested in classic coaster preservation, maintains a credit spreadsheet, and that her favorite is X2. The topic came up when she mentioned that her husband proposed to her on the lift hill.

If interested, you might be able to catch this episode on NBC's website. Our local affiliate also re-airs the Tonite show a week later at 3AM.

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 12/20/11 1:05:49 AM

That is so cool. I wonder if there are anyone in the 'hollywood estabilshment' that enjoys that same 'hobby'.

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/20/11 6:22:38 AM

> That is so cool. I wonder if there are anyone in the
> 'hollywood estabilshment' that enjoys that same 'hobby'.

Gina Gershon (Showgirls, Bound)..I like her..she's a better version of Angelina Jolie than Angelina Jolie...is a coaster enthusiast and has been quoted professing her love for the hobby on Shearson's coaster calendar the last several years.

Incidentally, that calendar is not being published for 2012, and apparently rollercoasterworld.com is not publishing theirs, either. I ordered two through ACE, although I'm not a member.

I did receive yesterday from my Kingda Ka loving client, Fran, a set of four Coaster Coasters. They're glass, and feature images of four HersheyPark rides..Fahrenheit, Storm Runner, Great Bear, and a woodie..either Lightning Racer or Wildcat. My eyes aren't allowing me to distinguish..it's a small, long-shot photo without much detail.

Mike

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/20/11 10:32:24 AM

> I did receive yesterday from my Kingda Ka loving client,
> Fran, a set of four Coaster Coasters. They're glass, and
> feature images of four HersheyPark rides..Fahrenheit, Storm
> Runner, Great Bear, and a woodie..either Lightning Racer or
> Wildcat. My eyes aren't allowing me to distinguish..it's a
> small, long-shot photo without much detail.

Cool! Coincidentally, I picked up a set of glass Geauga Lake coasters at last weekend's GOCC holiday dinner. No pictures, just square glass with the GL logo painted on them. Much of the door prizes at the dinner were leftover items from the GL gift shops.

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/20/11 11:09:29 AM

> Cool! Coincidentally, I picked up a set of glass Geauga
> Lake coasters at last weekend's GOCC holiday dinner. No
> pictures, just square glass with the GL logo painted on
> them. Much of the door prizes at the dinner were leftover
> items from the GL gift shops.
>
Nice. If we ever meet up again, we'll go for a drink at a place that allows you to BYOC!

Mike

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by MABrider MABrider Profile at 12/20/11 12:36:24 PM

> Mike

I have that set.
The woodie is Wildcat.

Mike B.

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by Katie Katie Profile at 12/20/11 4:01:19 PM

If any of you are interested in some more GL stuff, I have a TON of stuff! Let me know!

Merry Christmas all!

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/20/11 6:24:50 PM

My friend is a huge wrestling fan. He read McFoley's, aka Mankind, book. He said that the book stated that McFoley was a coaster enthusiast.

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/20/11 7:28:04 PM

> My friend is a huge wrestling fan. He read McFoley's, aka
> Mankind, book. He said that the book stated that McFoley
> was a coaster enthusiast.

I can't stop laughing..McFoley!!! Sorry. Can't help it. I didn't know Cactus Jack was Irish!

It's MICK Foley..and it's true, he is a coaster fan.

Mike, former wrestling fan (but never of McFoley)

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/20/11 8:55:29 PM

> My friend is a huge wrestling fan. He read McFoley's, aka
> Mankind, book. He said that the book stated that McFoley
> was a coaster enthusiast.

> I can't stop laughing..McFoley!!! Sorry. Can't help it. I
> didn't know Cactus Jack was Irish!

> It's MICK Foley..and it's true, he is a coaster fan.

> Mike, former wrestling fan (but never of McFoley)

I'm not a wrestling fan and had no idea that Mick Foley was his full name. One thing my friend realized that I'm not the only person that has this strange hobby. He told me Mick Foley's favorite park is Hershey, which is interesting because Hershey is my daughter's favorite park.

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 12/22/11 8:32:52 AM

There is a picture of on page 117 in the "Images of America: Holiday World" book.

He's been to many PPP events at Knoebels and quite approachable from what I hear.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Coaster Enthusiast Diablo Cody on Leno by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/22/11 7:06:41 PM

I did some research and Mick Foley's favorite wooden coaster is The Phoenix with The Raven right behind it. Nitro is his favorite steel coaster. I have yet to discover his coaster count.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.