Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster season)

Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster season)

mugen828 mugen828 Profile

Posted:
12/8/11 at
4:56:24 PM

The Little Dipper - can't really rate this thing because it's so slow. I like the lights and look of the coaster though. They also had signs up displaying fun facts about the coaster's history. I'll give it a 4/10.

Demon - this was was very unique! There were two tunnels and one had lights in it! Cool theming and neat layout. Overall the ride was ok, some nice forces. - 6/10

The Raging Bull - This coaster was awesome! I was dissapointed at first with the lack of speed compared to other hypers (Nitro and Apollo's Chariot) but the turns and air time on this thing are insane!!! The first drop, if you sit in the back, you are golden. The...second hill, not turn, but hill, has the potential for best airtime ever award, but there are breaks right before it. Probably due to the layout of the ride and the speed of which you are ascending on that hill. Left end - back row - is a absolute phenomenal seat. I rate this guy - 9.5/10

First shot I took while entering the park! I didn't ride it, but it looked fantastic!

Steel supports on Viper. I never saw something like this. This ride was decent! I give it a 6/10.

Opa was my 100th coaster ever. Who woulda thought. I wanted it to be Hades but alas, it didn't work out that way. Thought I was gonna fall out of Opa so it gets a bonus for the danger factor haha. - 4/10

You have to be 18 or older for the back row on Cyclops! If you haven't been to Mt. Olympus...GO! Hades and Cyclops are worth the trip alone and sit in the backkkkk! 8/10

told ya!

Hades looming over the parking lot. Ok so this coaster was absolutely amazing. It's in my top 3 wood coasters for sure. Along with El Toro and Shivering Timbers. Right now, I have Hades at #8 overall and it's my #2 wood. It's that crazy! It's kind hectic, so people looking for an El toro type of ride have another thing coming. Also it's not called the underground coaster for nothin! A good portion of the ride is in darkness, and there is also a good portion of the ride right out of a drop at the station before the lift chain! This ride just has a lot of elements that make it a classic. Rough style and great speed, tunnels, a great beginning, middle, and ending.

Hades - 9/10

Little Titians is stuck!

Hades and Zeus intertwine.

Hades view from the parking lot. (right where the drop goes under it!)

That's me! We played mini golf a bunchhhh of times and had a lot of fun competing with each other. We keep the scorecards and try and play wherever we go (Wildwood, Cape May, Virginia, ect.) Hellcat is the coaster in the distance.

My 101st coaster, Hellcat! There were signs indicating the name of the coaster was Avalanche but it's Hellcat. It was like $6.50 or something to ride once, and it was worth every cent! Crazyyy ride. It's at Timber Falls, which has a log flume, arcade, mini golf, and this coaster surrounding it! Very cool little spot.

I rate Hellcat a 6/10

I have more photos but these were already on photobucket from the TR I never finished. haha.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

- mugen

If you like the pictures I take then follow my new photoblog!

www.adventuresonmyiphone.tumblr.com I finally started a blog dedicated to my pictures. (90% of them are coasters) and I have 70 in the que to post throughout the week!

All of these pics were taken with my trusty iphone4 and if I edited them it was with the app called "Camera+" or Instagram. I also use Picnik.com which is a free editing site.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

User Submitted Picture
Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/8/11 6:46:43 PM

Nice shots! You've made me want to go there now but I can't imagine ever going to Wisconsin....

Although my childhood best friend now lives in MN on the northern border so if it was close perhaps we could take a day trip when I go and visit her.

Jen

Edit: Guess not - just looked at the map - not even close. I should've went when I was in Iowa - not too far from there. Oh well.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 12/8/11 7:11:36 PM

> Nice shots! You've made me want to go there now but I can't
> imagine ever going to Wisconsin....

> Although my childhood best friend now lives in MN on the
> northern border so if it was close perhaps we could take a
> day trip when I go and visit her.

> Jen

> Edit: Guess not - just looked at the map - not even close.
> I should've went when I was in Iowa - not too far from
> there. Oh well.

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

Thank you and you should! When you can I mean. Mt. Olynmpus was $10 for both the water park and dry park and unlike SF the go karts (all 9 tracks) are included with admission!

It was $10 for us because it was the sunday right before labor day I think.

Best $10 I have ever spent! When we went to SFGAmerica the parking was free (to my surprise) from my season pass and then admission was free because of our season passes. (I have the parking pass at Great Adventure) We did have to pay parking at SFNE earlier in the year though. I guess it depends on the gate person you get!

- mugen

Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/8/11 8:44:58 PM

> The Raging Bull - This coaster was awesome! I was
> dissapointed at first with the lack of speed compared to
> other hypers (Nitro and Apollo's Chariot) but the turns and
> air time on this thing are insane!!! The first drop, if you
> sit in the back, you are golden. The...second hill, not
> turn, but hill, has the potential for best airtime ever
> award, but there are breaks right before it. Probably due
> to the layout of the ride and the speed of which you are
> ascending on that hill. Left end - back row - is a absolute
> phenomenal seat. I rate this guy - 9.5/10

I was really disappointed in Raging Bull..I got no airtime, no forces, and found it very blah. Maybe I hit it on a bad day, with someone whose company I wasn't enjoying, but you go by what you know.

> First shot I took while entering the park! I didn't ride
> it, but it looked fantastic!

That double-deck carousel was the only non-coaster I rode all day, beautiful ride, beautiful setting.

> Little Titians is stuck!

Named after the artist? See what an extra "i" can do?

> That's me! We played mini golf a bunchhhh of times and had
> a lot of fun competing with each other. We keep the
> scorecards and try and play wherever we go (Wildwood, Cape
> May, Virginia, ect.)

Now I see what you look like, I do believe I may have seen you at GAdv. Easier for next time..as long as you keep the beard :)

Great photos as always! Thanks for posting.

Mike

Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 12/9/11 9:29:53 PM

Love the pics with the report! I've totally gotta visit the midwest parks at some point in my life! Definitely going on the 'must do list'.

Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas Photo Icon by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/9/11 10:23:00 PM

I visited Mt. Olympus for the first time this summer also. I loved the park and Hades became my second favorite wooden coaster. It was a 12 hour drive for me but it was worth it. Here's a photo of Hades that I took. User Submitted Picture

Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 12/10/11 12:01:00 PM

> Love the pics with the report! I've totally gotta visit the
> midwest parks at some point in my life! Definitely going on
> the 'must do list'.

Mt. Olympus was great. It's a small park, but there is a lot to do in the area. Mini golf, duck boat rides, water parks, Timber Falls, Noah's Ark, Mt.Olympus, ect.

It's a tourist trap, but it's cool!!

Six Flags Great America was awesome a great park. The layout was odd, but they have some great rides and with the addition of X-Flight it will be a lot better.

Sorry for not going over all of the rides in each park. Just had those photos handy on photobucket.

- mugen

Re: Mt Olympus & SFGAm photos! (last trip of my coaster seas by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 12/11/11 12:46:32 AM

Still better than me. I'm so far behind I haven't gotten around my August trip pics. Hopefully by the end of the month my very delayed report + slideshows will be ready.
For me, I'm better with pictures than words. Pictures, they explain themselves, while for me the words are there, but I can't grasp it.