Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Music On Windseeker?

Music On Windseeker?

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
12/8/11 at
3:30:57 PM

I was poking around on KD's site, and I saw among the specs for their 2012 Windseeker that it features on-board audio with 18 music tracks. Question from me is whether the existing Windseekers have this type of audio package. If so, what kind of music? Do riders choose? I'd think not.

Mike

Re: Music On Windseeker? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 12/8/11 5:18:31 PM

> I was poking around on KD's site, and I saw among the specs
> for their 2012 Windseeker that it features on-board audio
> with 18 music tracks. Question from me is whether the
> existing Windseekers have this type of audio package. If
> so, what kind of music? Do riders choose? I'd think not.

> Mike

I bet it'd be the rider's choice. Kind of like Rip Ride and Rocket. Which btw, you can hack and get more tracks, I saw a video on that once.

The point is, you can pick on that coaster, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to on the windseeker as well! That'd be cool!

- mugen

Re: Music On Windseeker? by ray_p ray_p Profile at 12/9/11 6:21:40 AM

Based on my rides on CP's model, the "on-board" audio is actually a set of speakers that travel up with the carriage. Each car does not have speakers built in. And the tracks seem to play randomly each time the ride starts. Riders have no control over the music.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 12/9/11 8:00:02 AM

> Riders have no control over the music.

Arrgh, more "latest/greatest" installations that have canned noise that only serves to assualt my ears.

Yep, I'm old, label me curmudgeon, but damn it, when I am on Windseeker (type) rides, all I want to hear is the...wind...in my ears. What a concept.

On coasters, too.
At least on Rip Ride Rocket I was able to find a nice, older "mellow" tune I always enjoyed such that while riding the canned noise was somewhat pleasurable. Or more easily ignored.

I wish there were mute buttons on rides with canned noise.

Mike B.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by Coaster316 at 12/9/11 8:41:56 AM

> I wish there were mute buttons on rides with canned noise.

> Mike B.

Totally agree. Damn kids and their music.

Jeff

Re: Music On Windseeker? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/9/11 9:54:47 AM

Often find myself walking or riding with fingers in my ears. If I remember to, I try to bring a cotton ball when visiting parks.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 12/9/11 1:09:45 PM

> Often find myself walking or riding with fingers in my
> ears. If I remember to, I try to bring a cotton ball when
> visiting parks.

LOL, Rob.
I have earplugs for yard work and I took them once on a return trip to Carowinds so that I could handle Top Gun/Afterburn's tunnel. On my first visit my head actually hurt going through there, I couldn't get my hands up to my ears (easily), so during the second visit the plugs worked their magic.

Canned noise irritates me simply because it is neverending, most times. Even prevents a conversation on lift hills.

The wireless world has its advantages, of course, but for this stuff I admit I like it when that particular technology craps out.
Mike B. (admittedly threadjacking)

Re: Music On Windseeker? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/9/11 1:23:44 PM

> Mike B. (admittedly threadjacking)

All is forgiven.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 12/9/11 6:16:03 PM

Mike G ... The music on Windseeker at KI was quite relaxing ... sort of like Disney World background music. I'm doubting that you would be able to hear it, unless you wanted me to hum along loudly in your ear. :)

Is this the thread where people with short legs (Kenj) can complain about the extremely high between-the-leg thingy's on Windseeker? She needed a little booster stool to help her vault into the seat!

Re: Music On Windseeker? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 12/9/11 11:04:32 PM

How bout 'Wind Beneath my Wings' as a song choice? That would surely guarantee to put all of the riders to sleep.

I love Jeff's 'senior moment' post; Them damned kids and all of that loud blues!!! ;)

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Music On Windseeker? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 12/10/11 7:06:20 AM

The only coaster that I've been on with the on-board audio is Medusa/Bizzaro. I didn't like having those sound effects blasted into my ears.

I wanted to hear the more traditional sounds of riding a B&M. Totally took away from the overall experience while adding nothing IMO.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Music On Windseeker? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/10/11 7:46:15 AM

> The only coaster that I've been on with the on-board audio
> is Medusa/Bizzaro. I didn't like having those sound effects
> blasted into my ears.

>
On several of my rides this season, the audio was off. That's a beautiful thing.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 12/10/11 4:48:13 PM

> > On several of my rides this season, the audio was off.
> That's a beautiful thing.

Hear, hear!

Mike B.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 12/10/11 6:49:04 PM

> The only coaster that I've been on with the on-board audio
> is Medusa/Bizzaro. I didn't like having those sound effects
> blasted into my ears.

> I wanted to hear the more traditional sounds of riding a
> B&M. Totally took away from the overall experience while
> adding nothing IMO.

> Joe
> Great_Ump

I never thought I would ever see this day but Joe, I AGREE with you 100%!! :~)

The best rides are when that horrible sound is OFF!

Jen

Re: Music On Windseeker? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/10/11 10:53:05 PM

>.

> Hear, hear!

> Mike B.

Well, I can't do THAT very well:) But I echo the sentiment.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 12/11/11 10:40:07 AM

The only time I paid any attention to the audio on the KI and CP Windseekers was when we started to spin and when the ride finished. I was too busy admiring the views to pay any attention to the music.

Re: Music On Windseeker? by KHTOExtreme at 12/11/11 3:18:02 PM

Unless you are really trying to listen to the music, it is not that distracting. It is no where near as annoying as being blasted on roller coasters. Which in my opinion should be ripped out and blown up.

Coasters should not contain music period. Half the time you can't here it or you can't understand it. Another thing is it may be cool to here for the first time on your first ride but then to be subject to it over and over.