Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Darien Lake

Darien Lake

jwhoogs jwhoogs Profile

Posted:
12/5/11 at
7:43:35 AM

Has anyone heard if there is anything new for 2012?

Re: Darien Lake by ray_p ray_p Profile at 12/5/11 1:35:43 PM

Nothing has been officially announced yet, but folks who have season passes say that the Season Passholder newsletter mentions that there will be "three new family rides" added in 2012.

While I have no idea what those three rides will be, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of Zamperla Disk-O/Rockin' Tug type of ride go in as those seem to be all the rage and despite every other park in the area having one (Seabreeze, Waldameer, Martin's), they are enormously popular.

Re: Darien Lake by sparky sparky Profile at 12/5/11 2:28:06 PM

> Nothing has been officially announced yet, but folks who
> have season passes say that the Season Passholder
> newsletter mentions that there will be "three new
> family rides" added in 2012.

> While I have no idea what those three rides will be, I
> wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of Zamperla
> Disk-O/Rockin' Tug type of ride go in as those seem to be
> all the rage and despite every other park in the area
> having one (Seabreeze, Waldameer, Martin's), they are
> enormously popular.

>

My bet is on a few pieces moving northward from Wild Adventures or the old Celebration City (if anything remains after the auction a few years back).

Re: Darien Lake by bwall003 at 1/25/12 11:10:01 AM

They just announced that there's new management at DL. Hopefully DL will start moving foward after years of remaining the same. As for the 3 rides rumored to be coming, I say it's about time. But what DL really need is a drop ride.

Re: Darien Lake by GSutton at 1/26/12 7:57:35 AM

> They just announced that there's new management at DL.
> Hopefully DL will start moving foward after years of
> remaining the same. As for the 3 rides rumored to be
> coming, I say it's about time. But what DL really need is a
> drop ride.

Sadly, I think all we're going to see happening with DL is a huge number of passports being processed in WNY so area residents can cross over to Canada to ride CW's new 300 footer. A small footpint yet highly unusual thrill ride would work wonders for DL (Screamin' Squirrel; Steel Hawg; 250+ Drop Tower; etc.) With all the tragedy's that befell the "Ride of Steel", DL's most popular attraction by far, they really are looking at no other options but to install 1 or 2 extremely special crowd attractors especially in the rollercoaster dept. We'll wait and see, but all I see is a pile of a Stand-Up Batman Coaster structure left in outside storage across the street (I used to live 3 minutes from the gate, now about 10...a friend lives in a house directly in front of the main gate (out her front door, across the lawn, cross the street, walk through the gate and you're inside [a 2 minute WALK]) and I think any secrets would we figured by now. Well, enough ranting...thank you ALL for giving me a couple minutes of you're time, now, we'll just wait and see... -G. Sutton