Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Is the end near for Indiana Beach?

Is the end near for Indiana Beach?

frontrow frontrow Profile

Posted:
11/7/11 at
7:29:45 PM

I just read that the park has laid of most of the maintenance staff and several park directors. They have also shut off the power to the park and the campground. The park closed this season a week earlier than scheduled. I guess the employees who protested foreseen this coming. Apparently the park is in worse financial trouble than we thought. I visited IB for the first time this past July. I really did like several things about that park. I also noticed some it's flaws that were later brought to GP's attention by the employees. One thing is for sure, it would be a shame to see this park close. With a little TLC, Indiana Beach could become a real gem. Maybe Mommabeast or someone else who lives in the area has more information on this.

Re: Is the end near for Indiana Beach? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 11/7/11 8:18:19 PM

> Maybe Mommabeast or someone else who lives in the area
> has more information on this.

It won't be Mommabeast, at least not as far as IB is concerned.
I guess you just didn't know... there's some bad blood there.

Re: Is the end near for Indiana Beach? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 11/7/11 11:54:27 PM

I found the information you posted on the IB Protest page, but the IB page itself keeps denying anything is wrong. They even posted their 2012 schedule.

Haven't heard anything in local news about IB's situation. I really hope that IB gets sold to another park operator. Morgan RV clearly doesn't know crap about running a park, other than straight into the ground. IB has sooooooo much potential, but Morgan is just destroying the charm of the place, and if they close for good, it'll be a very sad day for Indiana. It'll mean that the only real amusement park in Indiana would then be Holiday World. Here's hoping things turn around.

-Josh

Re: Is the end near for Indiana Beach? by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 11/10/11 1:17:17 PM

I'd hate to see anything happen to IB. Lived it back in 2007.

- Pat-O

Re: Is the end near for Indiana Beach? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/10/11 2:54:57 PM

> I'd hate to see anything happen to IB. Lived it back in
> 2007.

> - Pat-O

I've never been (would have liked to in '07 when I was in the "neighborhood")...but apparently a lot has changed in those four short years...

Re: Is the end near for Indiana Beach? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 11/10/11 10:51:54 PM

> apparently a lot has changed in those four short years...

Glad I got to visit IB when I had the chance in '07 and '09.
A Big THANKS to Scott and Carol for talking me into it!