Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Perphaps the Most Dangerous Carny Coaster?

Perphaps the Most Dangerous Carny Coaster?

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
11/7/11 at
7:07:07 PM

Check out this torture device! The freaking lift hill is like '2 and a half' times higher than the loop! The loop speed is reminiscent of the old Coney 'Loop the Loops'. Can you imagine the positive-G's! It's on the German carny circuit under the name 'Cool & Fresh' it should be 'Pain and Torture'. It's the same style coaster that's available on RCT3 the 'Towering Coaster'. I would consider riding ONLY if they had a NASCAR HANS device available.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGkgQ8-B4I&feature=feedrec_grec_index

www.sbfrides.com/production.asp?famID=1&catID=I&prodID=66&prodname=TOWER_COASTER

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Perphaps the Most Dangerous Carny Coaster? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/7/11 8:43:54 PM

I saw that video on another site last week. I don't think it looks particularly scary, to be honest. Maybe I'd feel differently when riding, but I doubt it.

Mike

Re: Perphaps the Most Dangerous Carny Coaster? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 11/8/11 12:15:37 AM

The loop looks perfectly acceptable. The violent transition from the lift to the vertical drop though? Well, I think I saw their necks snap.

Re: Perphaps the Most Dangerous Carny Coaster? by gvlaker27 gvlaker27 Profile at 11/8/11 3:30:52 PM

I'm thinking the single car train has something to do with the safety as well. It won't have nearly as much momentum and slows considerably as it reaches the top of the loop... Just a thought.

Maybe not, now that I've watched it a few times...

Re: Perphaps the Most Dangerous Carny Coaster? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 11/8/11 8:32:47 PM

^^^You're right. I was thinking that I underestimated the lack of mass on that one four-seater car. Not that the coaster has a B&M-like loop flythough by no means; I'd be pretty surprised if that loop doesn't have alotta positive-G's.