Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Magic Mountain Halloween Trip

Magic Mountain Halloween Trip

five613 five613 Profile

Posted:
10/24/11 at
1:26:53 AM

As I just recently stumbled upon this forum I would first like to say hi and it's been a ton of fun reading everything on here so far.

I will be going to 6FMm for the first time on 10/30 and 10/31. It will probably be after lunch by the time we get there on Sunday but plan on spending a full day Monday there. I'm not really interested in the mazes so will most likely be skipping that. I am however interested in accumulating as many as possible credits especially on their big coasters.

I guess I'm just looking for any suggestion, size of crowds to expect etc. I was thinking about getting a flash pass for 10/31. If I do this would I be best off using my discover card to get in early and run to x2 and then backtrack and pick one up? Or are they not even needed? Thanks ahead to everyone.

Re: Magic Mountain Halloween Trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/24/11 9:10:47 AM

> As I just recently stumbled upon this forum I would first
> like to say hi and it's been a ton of fun reading
> everything on here so far.

>John, I can't help on MM as I've never been there, but I DID want to say Welcome! to URC. Be sure and let us know how your MM excursion turns out!

Mike

Re: Magic Mountain Halloween Trip by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 10/24/11 10:33:46 AM

Do not get a FlashPass for 10/31. It will be a total waste. The park will be almost empty until the early evening. It's a Monday and it's not a school holiday. Even after some people show up for the Halloween events lines will be short throughout the evening.

I bet during the day the line on X2 will be less than 10 minutes.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Magic Mountain Halloween Trip by five613 five613 Profile at 10/24/11 5:40:02 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will be sure to post a trip report when I get back. I haven't been on Bizzaro either but was curious how it compares to Scream! If any of you out there have been on both, I sure would like to hear what you have to say.

Re: Magic Mountain Halloween Trip by frontrow frontrow Profile at 10/24/11 10:24:37 PM

Welcome to the forum John. You'll get to know alot great people who provide useful information. I never been to SF MM, so I can't help this time.

Re: Magic Mountain Halloween Trip by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/25/11 8:16:38 AM

> I will be sure to post a trip report
> when I get back. I haven't been on Bizzaro either but was
> curious how it compares to Scream! If any of you out there
> have been on both, I sure would like to hear what you have
> to say.

I visited SFMM for my first time this past March.
It was Tuesday of the first week they went to 2011 daily ops. Couldn't have picked a better day for NO crowds...which of course is how I would have planned it, if such things could be planned! When X2 is a walk-on (at 2 PM) you know the park is not crowded.
Eric has chimed in on what this Monday's attendance is likely to be, and he certainly would know, so it could be a day that was like mine was in March.
You can only hope for such a day.

Anyway, to answer the Bizzaro (SFGAdv) vs Scream (SFMM) "debate" as it were, Bizzaro is way better IMO.

All I can say about Scream is that I was quite disappointed with it.
It is rough. It rolls rough, while the east coast version remains one of the smoothest B&Ms I've ever ridden.

Mike B.

Re: Magic Mountain Halloween Trip by five613 five613 Profile at 10/27/11 12:26:51 PM

> Anyway, to answer the Bizzaro (SFGAdv) vs Scream (SFMM)
> "debate" as it were, Bizzaro is way better IMO.

> All I can say about Scream is that I was quite disappointed
> with it.
> It is rough. It rolls rough, while the east coast version
> remains one of the smoothest B&Ms I've ever ridden.

Awesome. I'm going to maybe make a northeast trip to hit some parks up next summer. Thanks!