Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Quantum Loop at Seabreeze

Quantum Loop at Seabreeze

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
10/15/11 at
12:39:16 PM

This ride, which was at Seabreeze until 2003, looks similar to Dorney's now-departed Laser. Did anyone here ever ride it? Are they similar? Also, does anyone know where in the park it was located? I'm guessing at the site of what's now the Spinny Mouse (can't think of the name..Whirlwind, maybe?) near the Bobsleds.

http://www.rcdb.com/454.htm?p=431

Mike

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 10/16/11 7:33:08 AM

it was totally different.

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 10/16/11 10:22:29 AM

Laser didn't have that (intamin) looking track. Yes I know intamin didn't build it, well, they might have but RCDB doesn't say so, but still, all intamins have that track.

- mugen

http://rcdb.com/240.htm?p=5349

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 10/16/11 11:12:27 AM

Quantum Loop was from a little known french company called Soquet. They sold countless coasters to small parks in France and the Seabreeze coaster was the only one they managed to sell in the US.

For Laser, it was a Schwarzkopf Doppel Looping transportable coaster. After Dorney Park, a german showman bought the ride, got new trains, repainted it and is now taking the ride around on the german fair circuit.

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 10/17/11 11:59:52 AM

This monster was directly across from the park made bobsleds. We rode it on our one and only visit back in 2002 I think. I actually enjoyed their Jack Rabbit even with those teribble trains. I hope you also checked out the Carousel at the park? (right Coaster 3:16)

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/17/11 12:17:09 PM

> This monster was directly across from the park made
> bobsleds. We rode it on our one and only visit back in 2002
> I think. I actually enjoyed their Jack Rabbit even with
> those teribble trains. I hope you also checked out the
> Carousel at the park? (right Coaster 3:16)

> Regards,
> Kevin Reid

I did indeed, partly on the recommendation of a very nice ride operator on the Bobsleds whose name I don't recall. It's a very nice carousel in a wonderfully interesting building, but I don't believe it's the original carousel. The building contained a pictorial/historical timeline, and I seem to remember reading that the carousel fell victim to fire and was replaced in 1998 (?)

Jackrabbit was a more-than-decent ride, kicked up a notch by that little surprise in the tunnel and a coupla nice pops of airtime. Did it not have the Morgan trains when you were there, or are those the "terrible trains" to which you referred?

Here's a link to my Trip Report from Summer, Seabreeze included.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/cgi/forum1.cgi?read=216290

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by ray_p ray_p Profile at 10/17/11 1:35:34 PM

^ The Seabreeze Carousel may not be "the original", but the fact that the family actually went and created a brand-new, hand-carved machine was quite mind-blowing in a day and age where the easy way out would have been to purchase a cheapo Chance model. The Seabreeze Carousel is really the perfect attraction at that park. The machine itself is stunning, the band organ is loud and as well maintained as the Carousel itself (I love the fact that you can see which music is being played that day and their collection of music is huge), the historical info is appreciated by this small park fan, and the rocking chairs surrounding the ride are a great way to just relax for a while.

Sorry for hijacking a thread on the Quantum Loop... but I had to add my two cents on the Carousel.

(PS- Thanks Eric for unblocking me!)

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/17/11 2:33:26 PM

> the band organ is loud

Yep..even *I* could hear it!!!

Re: Quantum Loop at Seabreeze by Coaster316 at 10/17/11 10:21:21 PM

As others have said, yes Quantum Loop was located exactly where the Whirlwind spinning coaster is currently located. It did look a little like Dorney's Laser but that was the only similarity. I enjoyed QL but it did not get very good reviews and I don't remember ever having to wait in line for it, if you equate line length to the public opinion of the ride.

As for the Seabreeze carousel, Kevin and Ray are right. It is actually my personal favorite amusement park attraction. I absolutely love it. The park's PTC carousel was indeed destroyed in a fire some 15 years ago. The family that runs the park follows from the original carousel operator at that location a century ago. Instead of buying a cheaper new carousel, they went through the process of buying an old PTC frame and commissioning the carving of new pieces to put on it. The result is the masterpiece that operates today. Its a great story and a great carousel.

- Jeff