Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Spraying Coasters?

Spraying Coasters?

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
10/10/11 at
6:07:06 PM

I sent my friend Gina a link to my post about the BAFAPARCS (she won two, after all!) She sent me this back:

Hahahahaha!! Awesome!! I love the BAFAPARC Awards!!! :D

"Hey so guess what-- I was at Great Adventure yesterday (any chance you were there?) It was super PACKED. Anyway, I kept thinking of you because on two different coasters, they were stopped when we were on line and people walked the incline of the track spraying what looked like Lysol... actually they had two cans- one that looked like Lysol and one that looked like a shaving cream can. After they did that, the ride re-opened! Have you ever seen that and what the heck did that do? It almost looked like they were spraying the air around the tracks.... so weird!"

Does anyone have any idea what that may have been about? She didn't say what coasters they were doing it on.

Mike

Mike

Re: Spraying Coasters? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/10/11 6:14:59 PM

Maybe they were finally spraying WD-40 on Rolling Thunder's tracks! Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Jen

Re: Spraying Coasters? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/10/11 6:25:44 PM

> Maybe they were finally spraying WD-40 on Rolling Thunder's
> tracks!

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

> Jen

Yes...psychically, apparently ;)

Re: Spraying Coasters? by alpengeistno3 at 10/10/11 6:53:25 PM

Well, when cleaning up a "protein spill" on Alpengeist, we used canned sanitizer instead of water (due to the lift hill going right over the walkway once exiting the station.) It is odd that based on your friend's description, it sounded like they stopped the ride outside the station to do it.

I could be reading it wrong. It's been a LONNNNGGGGGG day.

Paul

Re: Spraying Coasters? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/10/11 8:47:22 PM

> Maybe they were finally spraying WD-40 on Rolling Thunder's
> tracks!

> Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

> Jen

> Yes...psychically, apparently ;)

LMAO!

Jen

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.