Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > How crowded with 6FGrAdv be on Columbus Day (tomorrow)?

How crowded with 6FGrAdv be on Columbus Day (tomorrow)?

Signor_Ferrari

Posted:
10/9/11 at
7:56:16 PM

Trying to determine if/what Flash Pass to get. Kind of leaning towards Gold based on some reading, but would hate to buy that and then it be not necessary.

But supposed to be 80 and sunny in addition to being Columbus Day.

Can anyone give advice?

Thanks!

Re: How crowded with 6FGrAdv be on Columbus Day (tomorrow)? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/9/11 8:24:14 PM

> Trying to determine if/what Flash Pass to get. Kind of
> leaning towards Gold based on some reading, but would hate
> to buy that and then it be not necessary.

> But supposed to be 80 and sunny in addition to being
> Columbus Day.

> Can anyone give advice?

> Thanks!

Tough to say. You could make the decision when you get the lay of the land upon arrival and see what the crowds are like. If you deem the Flash Pass necessary, you can get the regular and upgrade to Gold later if need be.

I've never gone on Columbus Day, but sometimes the crowds on the ACTUAL holiday of a holiday weekend aren't any worse than average.

Mike

Re: How crowded with 6FGrAdv be on Columbus Day (tomorrow)? by Signor_Ferrari at 10/9/11 9:00:04 PM

Thanks Mike.

Can I assume though that on an "average" day the Flash Pass is worth having?

I don't mind paying for one -- as long as it is useful.

Re: How crowded with 6FGrAdv be on Columbus Day (tomorrow)? by Signor_Ferrari at 10/9/11 9:00:13 PM

Thanks Mike.

Can I assume though that on an "average" day the Flash Pass is worth having?

I don't mind paying for one -- as long as it is useful.

Re: How crowded with 6FGrAdv be on Columbus Day (tomorrow)? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/9/11 10:36:29 PM

> Thanks Mike.

> Can I assume though that on an "average" day the
> Flash Pass is worth having?

> I don't mind paying for one -- as long as it is useful.

I'll take this one since I'm the Flash Pass connoisseur LOL!

Yes, it's worth it if you can afford it. The only time it's not is when the crowds are light and I have a feeling they will get pretty heavy by the afternoon. The weather is supposed to be phenomenal and with all the kiddies off it may get crowded. On Saturday Green Lantern's line was about 1 1/2 hours eyeballing it around 1:45 pm (no way would I wait on that) and Batman, The Ride was ridiculous too. You probably won't need it if you get there at opening but within a few hours the crowds will probably expand exponentially and you'll be glad you have it. I almost always get a Flash Pass (the only exception was this past weekend but we left once the crowds got crazy). Get the regular and see how the wait times are. You can time the longer wait rides right by putting them in before you are going to eat, see a show, etc. If they are too long for you, you can always go back and upgrade to the Gold. IMO it's definitely worth it!

Have fun!
Jen