Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park

Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park

Jumbo-Jet Jumbo-Jet Profile

Posted:
9/27/11 at
1:42:35 PM

Does anyone remember this amusement park in the Pocono Mountains during the late 1970's/early 1980's called "Magic Valley"??? I believe it was located in the town of Bushkill, near Bushkill Falls. Although I never visited Magic Valley despite my family vacationing in the Poconos for 1 or 2 weeks every summer during that time frame, I know they had what looked like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat (or a Zyklon/Galaxi) coaster called the "Screamin' Demon" from what the brochures I had showed. Does anyone know when and why Magic Valley closed, and what happened to the Screamin' Demon??? What other rides did they have?

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/27/11 1:51:52 PM

I never been there either, but here's some info that I've gotten from trusty rcdb.

www.rcdb.com/5153.htm

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by Jumbo-Jet Jumbo-Jet Profile at 9/27/11 2:08:14 PM

I already just checked out RCDB and it doesn't tell much about the park or the coaster, other than the fact that the Screamin' Demon was a Schwarzkopf Wildcat and was there in 1981 and possibly within a couple of years before and/or after.

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/27/11 2:19:01 PM

Okay, then here's a lil' bit more info below. BTW, I seriously doubt that those coasters are still in existence.

*LATE EDIT, My bad JJ, you probably seen those brochures on the link already; You've mentioned brochures on your first post up top*

www.themeparkbrochures.net/1981/mvp1981_1.html

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/27/11 2:34:33 PM

Isn't that the park that never recovered from a flood years ago?

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by Jumbo-Jet Jumbo-Jet Profile at 9/27/11 2:45:43 PM

> Okay, then here's a lil' bit more info below. BTW, I
> seriously doubt that those coasters are still in existence.

> *Late Edit, My bad JJ, you probably seen those brochures on
> the link already; You're mentioned brochures on your first
> post up top*

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

I do remember having that brochure!
As for the coaster still being in existence...it's possible. I know there are numerous Schwarzkopf Wildcats still operating today.

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/27/11 2:57:42 PM

> Isn't that the park that never recovered from a flood years
> ago?

Pretty sure that was Bushkill Park. Same area, obviously.

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by erich1047 at 6/25/13 3:00:01 PM
Yes, it was flooded, but someone bought it and want to get it up and running again.

The Park was on the show Mike Wolfe American Picker or the show antique pickers.

Re: Defunct Poconos (PA) Amusement Park by parkbookman parkbookman Profile at 6/27/13 12:47:19 PM
I don't think they generated enough business. I recall a few years before they closed they sold most of the rides to focus on more passive activities such as shows and crafts and called themselves Magic Valley Village.

The park is now used as the Pike County Fairgrounds.