Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11

BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11

PkD4Life PkD4Life Profile

Posted:
9/18/11 at
5:49:34 PM

Finally, here are the pics from the Roller Coaster Insider tour we took last weekend. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/godleetv/sets/72157627699871138/

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 9/18/11 6:32:17 PM

I love all the upclose pictures of the wheels!

- Pat-O

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/18/11 9:00:09 PM

Nice pics - the looping Nessie pictures always make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason.

Jen

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/19/11 1:04:10 PM

> Nice pics - the looping Nessie pictures always make me feel
> all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason.

> Jen

I love me some Nessie....my third looping coaster!!!

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/19/11 1:36:39 PM

> I love me some Nessie....my third looping coaster!!!

She was my second, Lightnin' Loops was my first but she was my first full circuit looper. I'm so glad they take such good care of her. I'd be very upset if they ever removed her.

Jen

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/19/11 2:10:21 PM

> I love me some Nessie....my third looping coaster!!!

> She was my second, Lightnin' Loops was my first but she was
> my first full circuit looper.

SooperDooper was my first (1977,) followed by LL (1978.)

I'd be very upset if they ever removed
> her.

You and me both.

Mike

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by PkD4Life PkD4Life Profile at 9/19/11 2:46:10 PM

While on the tour we were told that B&M has been helping the park take care of the ride due to the relationship they have with them. A few years ago the ride was hit by lightening and the entire electrical system was fried so B&M came in and helped fix it. They also put sensors out of the station and through the turn to help control the chain speed on the lift. At least that is what the tour guide said...lol

Lee

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by alpengeistno3 at 9/19/11 8:38:18 PM

> While on the tour we were told that B&M has been helping
> the park take care of the ride due to the relationship they
> have with them. A few years ago the ride was hit by
> lightening and the entire electrical system was fried so
> B&M came in and helped fix it. They also put sensors out of
> the station and through the turn to help control the chain
> speed on the lift. At least that is what the tour guide
> said...lol

> Lee

Now, that is interesting. The only change I have noticed in Loch Ness's lift speed is that instead of speeding up to match the speed of the train coming around the curve from the station, it allows the train to engage it in low gear, adding around 20 seconds to the ride. Unless this has changed since I went in early July, I call "bull". (unless that is exactly what B&M and Busch wanted the chain to do).

Paul

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by pyl-driver pyl-driver Profile at 9/19/11 9:18:28 PM

Is Drachen Fire still standing? I noticed picures of it and am curious what they are doing with the ride. I never been there but plan on going next year.

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/19/11 10:34:26 PM

> Is Drachen Fire still standing? I noticed picures of it and
> am curious what they are doing with the ride. I never been
> there but plan on going next year.

Most of us knew it was SBNO a few years before being dismantled completely, but boy does time fly!
Will be 10 years gone come this spring:
http://www.rcdb.com/112.htm

Mike B.

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/19/11 10:43:09 PM

Very nice photos!

Mike B.

Re: BGW Roller Coaster Insider tour pics 9/10/11 by PkD4Life PkD4Life Profile at 9/20/11 8:19:57 AM

> While on the tour we were told that B&M has been helping
> the park take care of the ride due to the relationship they
> have with them. A few years ago the ride was hit by
> lightening and the entire electrical system was fried so
> B&M came in and helped fix it. They also put sensors out of
> the station and through the turn to help control the chain
> speed on the lift. At least that is what the tour guide
> said...lol

> Lee

> Now, that is interesting. The only change I have noticed in
> Loch Ness's lift speed is that instead of speeding up to
> match the speed of the train coming around the curve from
> the station, it allows the train to engage it in low gear,
> adding around 20 seconds to the ride. Unless this has
> changed since I went in early July, I call
> "bull". (unless that is exactly what B&M and
> Busch wanted the chain to do).

> Paul

I have no clue to be honest. Seemed a little odd to me as well. I may have in on tape, would have to go look to see. I got a lot of good footage that day of stuff so maybe I can put that together here soon too.