Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Plus What?

Plus What?

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
9/8/11 at
1:11:37 AM

This year in 2011, how many additional coaster credits that you've received so far? If you want to, you can name the coasters along with the total. So far I have a very disappointing (and more then likely final) Plus 1 (Cheetah Hunt). I was hoping for a big 2011, but unfortunately I had gotten very sick, and I was in the hospital for about two months, with a month long rehab on top of that. I remember when Mike B. said on a post something along the lines of "being sick sucks"; I certainly can relate to that. I'm doing just fine now, so it's no need to play the viola or violin music (I just wanted to say 'viola' LOL) Imma try to kickass next year with additional coaster credits, with something like a +30 or 40 coasters; This year it just wasn't meant to be. So yall go on ahead and make me very envious by tellin' me how many coaster creds that you've earned so far this year? :)

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Plus What? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/8/11 1:37:46 AM

+2 for me [actually 3, but I'm not going to count the Tickler at CI as that ride just sucked]. The 2 being Cheetah Hunt at BGT and Manta [finally got to ride it] at Sea World Orlando.

I'm happy to have finally rode another flying coaster and though it isn't my favorite type of coaster, Manta was a fun ride and a step up over S:UF.

Count might go to 3 if I ride soarin eagle at CI this month.

Re: Plus What? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/8/11 1:41:04 AM

^^^LOL Phil, you still gotta count the Tickler even though it sucked. :)

Re: Plus What? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/8/11 3:43:07 AM

> Count might go to 3 if I ride soarin eagle at CI this
> month.

Hey Phil, have you ridden Steeplechase (Motocoaster) at Scream Zone already?

Re: Plus What? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 9/8/11 7:26:02 AM

Cherish your +1. I've had 2 consecutive years of +0. :(

-Josh

Re: Plus What? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/8/11 8:30:15 AM

I've added 19 this year (13 were wooden)
1) Kentucky Rumbler
2) Crazy Mouse at Beech Bend
3) Cornball Express
4) Steel Hawg
5) Hoosier Hurricane
6) Tig'rr
7) Galaxi
8) Lost Coaster of Superstition Mt.
9) Hades
10) Cyclops
11) Zeus
12) Pegasus
13) Opa
14) Hellcat
15) Boulderdash
16) Wildcat at Lake Compounce
17) Leap The Dips
18) Skyliner
19) Tobaggon

Re: Plus What? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/8/11 9:27:10 AM

I THINK I've added 15 this season. Although I keep track on coastercounter, my count is probably higher than that number. I count Green Lantern as a new one, but I'm not looking to renew the debate on whether a relocated coaster should be re-counted. The other 14 were on my summer trip to Canobie, Quassy, Great Escape, and Seabreeze. I won't rehash them all, but my favorites were Seabreeze's Bobsleds, GE's Comet, and Wooden Warrior at Quassy.

Possibility of adding one more Sunday..we'll see how that pans out.

Mike

Re: Plus What? by squirrels at 9/8/11 10:41:26 AM

Hmm...big year.

Coasters I had NEVER ridden before this year:

KD:

1) Intimidator 305 (awesome)
2) Dominator (excellent)
3) Volcano (solid)
4) Backlot Stunt Coaster (okay)
(re-rode Ananconda, Grizzly, Rebel Yell, Hurler; ridden ShockWave before but didn't re-ride)

HP:

5) Fahrenheit (excellent)
6) Wild Mouse (not a big fan of mouse coasters)
(re-rode StormRunner, Great Bear, SideWinder, Comet, SDL, Wildcat; ridden TrailBlazer before but didn't re-ride)

6F GAdv:

7) Kingda Ka (excellent)
8) Nitro (good, but needs more variety)
9) El Toro (best woodie ever)
10) Green Lantern (excellent)
11) Bizarro/Medusa (decent)
12) Batman the Ride (solid)
13) TDK (lame)
14) Skull Mountain (meh)
15) Superman: Ride of Steel (okay)

CP

16) Raptor (excellent)
17) Blue Streak (painful)
18) Iron Dragon (okay)
19) Mantis (decent, GL is better)
20) Millenium Force (excellent)
21) Maverick (probably favorite coaster of all-time)
22) Magnum XL-200 (okay)
23) TTD (excellent)
24) Wicked Twister (good)

So +24, I guess.

Would like to go to BGW (BGE) to check out their coasters, but not likely to happen this year.

Re: Plus What? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/8/11 12:03:49 PM

2007 +0
2008 +1 (Behemoth-Canada's Wonderland)
2009 +3 (las Vegas)
2010 +0
2011 +0

Not very impressive!

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Plus What? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/8/11 12:17:34 PM

This year (2011) we visited SDC in Branson for the first time and so added all the coasters there - 3, 4 or 5 depending on what counts as a coaster. I have no idea whatsoever how many coasters I've been on in my life.

Re: Plus What? by gvlaker27 gvlaker27 Profile at 9/8/11 12:47:29 PM

I added a total of 6 coasters this year, all at a new-to-me park, and now my favorite, Michigan's Adventure.

1)Zach's Zoomer
Pleasantly surprised at the fun level. Cramming two over 6 feet college guys in one bench?.. Not so fun. Surpised the ride-op let us go overflowing out of the car.

2)Mad Mouse
My first wild mouse coaster, waaay more fun than I expected with lateral Gs that quite a few larger coasters can't match.

3)Corkscrew
Only my 3rd Arrow Looper, and this one is the oldest, and the original (or close to it) double corkscrew design. I had a double ride on my 2nd visit of the summer while a new ride op was being trained and had stopped the train a few foot beyond the station platform. A first for me, and a very understated ride.

4)Wolverine Wildcat
A little rough around the edges, slightly trimmed kills some potential airtime, and one train operation makes it a 30 minute wait at times. However, a solid ride at any park.

5)Thunderhawk
My first 'marathon' experience, as unexpected as it was. Not as rough as I've heard many SLCs are, but after 10 rides, you feel it. It's got great forces from the half loop-half corkscrew element through the double twists. As far as a cookie cutter goes, I was very impressed.

6)The one, the only, my new number one: SHIVERING TIMBERS
It's got all the elements I want in a ride, big drops, good speed, a rough ride, HUGE airtime, headchoppers, no block brakes, a forceful helix, and nice looooong ride time. It's my new number one, what more needs to be said?

Welp, the season is nearly over for me, with only a glimmer of hope for one last trip up to Muskegon. School is making its best effort to keep me from making the trip.

Let's hope I can make it out east next summer for the great variety of parks.

Re: Plus What? by drachen drachen Profile at 9/8/11 2:26:53 PM

I don't know if my year is done yet, but to date, I've ridden 22 new-to-me roller coasters. I skipped a couple of kiddie coasters, and I refuse to use the term 'credit'. Perhaps that's a post for another day...

Anyway, in Kevin Reid's format, going back to when I really became a fan of parks, which may be more information than any of you want to know...

1994 + 3
1995 + 3
1996 + 8
1997 + 12 (first time to Cedar Point)
1998 + 9
1999 + 22 (first time to Great Adventure)
2000 + 0
2001 + 6
2002 + 66 (yes, 66. Went all over the place out west)
2003 + 13
2004 + 7
2005 + 15
2006 + 2 (but they were Kingda Ka and El Toro)
2007 + 3
2008 + 9
2009 + 14
2010 + 25
2011 + 22

The 2011 new coasters are, (including 12 new wooden coasters):

1) Green Lantern, SFGAdv
2) Wooden Warrior, Quassy
3) Crazy Mouse, Playland
4) Dragon Coaster
5) Super Flight
6) Steeplechase, Luna Park
7) Coney Island Cyclone
8) Tickler
9) Voyage, Holiday World
10) Legend
11) Raven
12) Lost Coaster, Indiana Beach
13) Galaxi
14) Cornball Express
15) Hoosier Hurrican
16) Steel Hawg
17) Tig'rr
18) Wild Mouse, Idlewild
19) Rollo Coaster
20) Comet, Waldameer
21) Steel Dragon
22) Ravine Flyer II

Looking at that list, I've ridden some pretty damn good rides this year, best of which were Legend, Voyage, and Ravine Flyer II.

Re: Plus What? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/8/11 5:34:35 PM

I had a good season, added 19 newbies:

1. Griffon (my new fav!)
2. Alpengiest
3. Apollo's Chariot
4. Anaconda
5. Avalanche
6. Dominator
7. FOF (KD)
8. Stunt Coaster (KD)
9. Grizzly
10. Hurler
11. I-305
12. Shockwave
13. Volcano
14. Batwing
15. Joker's Jinx
16. Mind Eraser (although I wish I hadn't ridden that one!)
17. Roar
18.Superman ROS
19: Wild One

Jen

oops - make that 20 - I forgot Green Lantern!

Re: Plus What? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/8/11 7:03:46 PM

My new-to-me coasters for 2011:

Pacific Park
Santa Monica West Coaster

Six Flags Magic Mountain
Batman-The Ride
Gold Rusher
Goliath
Mountain Express
Ninja
Revolution
Riddler's Revenge
Scream!
Superman The Escape
Tatsu
Terminator Salvation
Viper
X2

Six Flags New England
Gotham City Gauntlet

Michigan's Adventure
Corkscrew
Mad Mouse
Shivering Timbers
Thunderhawk
Wolverine Wildcat
Zach's Zoomer

Canobie Lake
Untamed

Quassy
Wooden Warrior
Little Dipper

That's 24.

One other will be "new" and that is Green Lantern at SFAGdv later this month.
I did ride it as Chang at SFKK; that may be cheating a bit; grain of salt and all.
I will be at PPP in October, but nothing new there.

So I guess my 2011 total will be 24 or 25.

MIke B.

Re: Plus What? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/8/11 7:08:26 PM

> ^^^LOL Phil, you still gotta count the Tickler even though
> it sucked. :)

Lol, :sigh:, I guess so. lol. AT least it isn't the only new ride I rode this year, so my list of new rides is still respectable :)

> Count might go to 3 if I ride soarin eagle at CI this
> month.

> Hey Phil, have you ridden Steeplechase (Motocoaster) at
> Scream Zone already?
>
Not yet, but likely will ride that as well on my next visit back. I still think it is total crap those 4 rides [well 3 minus the slingshot] that you have to use the individual credits as opposed to Luna Park and the 4 or 6 hr wristbands.

Re: Plus What? by drachen drachen Profile at 9/8/11 7:18:31 PM

> Six Flags Magic Mountain
> Batman-The Ride
> Gold Rusher
> Goliath
> Mountain Express
> Ninja
> Revolution
> Riddler's Revenge
> Scream!
> Superman The Escape
> Tatsu
> Terminator Salvation
> Viper
> X2

I would say that I'm sorry you missed Deja Vu, but well, you know...

> I will be at PPP in October, but nothing new there.

I hope you make it. From the looks of the new pictures on Facebook, there may be no Knoebels event this year. I wish them the best.

Re: Plus What? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/8/11 7:26:28 PM

> So I guess my 2011 total will be 24 or 25.

> MIke B.

Boy, you sure got around this year! :~)

Jen (a little jealous - I want to go to SFMM SO bad!)

Re: Plus What? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/8/11 8:04:16 PM

> So I guess my 2011 total will be 24 or 25.

> MIke B.

> Boy, you sure got around this year! :~)

> Jen (a little jealous - I want to go to SFMM SO bad!)

LOL
Certain familial circumstances had me planning a CA trip to Hollywood back in March, so when in Rome...and a place like SFMM sure boosts the count (even as two coasters were not operating). What I remember is it was a Tuesday of the first week they opened for weekday operations and the place was de...er...as an example, X2 was a walk on.

Mike B.

Re: Plus What? by kdleader kdleader Profile at 9/10/11 10:36:51 AM

After a few years of adding dozens each year it's been drastically dropping. This year it's at one (Swamp Fox) even though my preliminary travel plans for the year had it much higher.

Re: Plus What? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 9/10/11 1:05:14 PM

How do you guys keep track of this stuff normally?

I'm gonna go based off my memory here so hopefully I don't forget any. This year has been a great year for me.

Michigan's Adventure (+4)

Loved this little park. such a great value and Shivering Timbers has made my top 10 and it's my #3 wooden coaster :D Gotta go back as I only got to ride ST once.

1. Shivering Timbers
2. Thunderhawk
3. Wolverine Wildcat
4. Corkscrew

missed the mouse and zach's zoomer :(

BGW (+4)

Been here before, but before my passion started and before my fear was conquered. Awesome park, gotta go back for Verbolten.

1. Apollo's Chariot
2. Griffon
3. Alpengeist
4. Lochness Monster

Go Karts Plus (+1)

1 Python - broke the record on this :P we rode it 23 times, record was 21. Keep in mine every ride is 4 cycles so 23 x 4!! (276!)

Hershey Park (+3)

Been before but before Fahrenheit's installation. Love this park!

1. Fahrenheit
2. Trailblazer
3. Roller Soaker

Mt. Olympus (+5)

Awesome little park! I paid $10 to get in! I could not have asked for a better experience the day I went there.

1. Hades - my new #2 wooden coaster! and yep, it broke my overall top 10 too!
2. Cyclops - omg, the amount of air you get on this ride! It's unreal!
3. Zeus - unfortunately for Zeus there are two other coasters that over shadow it right next to it!
4. Opa - my 100th coaster ever
5. Pegasus

Six Flags Great America (+10)

1. Raging Bull - secured the #6 spot on my overall coaster list! such a cool ride, and one of the original B&M Hypers! Without the trims on the 2nd hill, this ride would be a 10/10.

2. American Eagle (blue) - Rode this bad boy backwards! Such a cool experience

3. V2
4. Batman The Ride
5. Demon
6. Iron Wolf
7. Little Dipper
8. Spacely's Sprocket Rockets
9. Viper
10. Whizzer - fun ride!

Six Flags New England (+6)

1. Bizarro - very very fun. I enjoyed it despite the dumb re branding.

3. Cyclone - awesome awesome awesome
2. Batman The Dark Night - shorttttt. :(
5. Mind Eraser
5. Flashback
6. Pandemonium

Timber Falls (+1)

1. Hellcat - I thought it was interesting that it was built the same year and by the same people as the Hellcat at Clementon Park(20 mins from me). It was miles better than the Clementon Park Hellcat though, layout is completely different.

+34! I didn't realize how many I had got this year. This was my first year really expanding out to more than just one out of state park per year. Hit my number 100 on my last trip. Finally hitting my strideeee!

- mugen

Re: Plus What? by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 9/12/11 8:37:59 PM

I didn't do so well this year, but at least I can say I did add a few coasters to my count. I got all 5 coasters at Indiana Beach (most were walk-ons but the heat was really trying so even a 20 minute wait was hard) and even some re-rides.

At Cedar Point I rode Maverick for the first time, as it was the only new coaster to me at that park.

At SFGrA I was badly hampered by the abysmal way in which they were handling the crowds that day so I didn't pick up much in the time I was there. I rode Whizzer, Dark Knight (in retrospect, if I could have done the whole day over I wouldn't have bothered!), Ragin Cajun, Viper, SUF and Raging Bull. American Eagle was closed that day so I wouldn't have gotten to do that one anyway, and I will be able to ride Iron Wolf (as Apocalypse) next year (though I probably won't like it based on what I've heard, unless they seriously refurbish it really well).

So far I've added 12 this year, and I'm most likely going to be going to SF Great Adventure at the end of this month, so if I do that, I will be able to add quite a few.

Re: Plus What? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/15/11 12:44:38 PM

> MIke B.

Just reading some old threads, and I was curious, Mike. I know Black Diamond opened for PPP. Did you get to ride it, and what did you think of it? I hope to get to Knoebel's next year and try it.

Mike G.

Re: Plus What? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/16/11 12:52:47 PM

> .

> MIke B.

> Just reading some old threads, and I was curious, Mike. I
> know Black Diamond opened for PPP. Did you get to ride it,
> and what did you think of it? I hope to get to Knoebel's
> next year and try it.

> Mike G.

Knoebel's did a nice job with it. I rode it once. Not a thrill ride, but nice all around, and fairly long. I believe I counted three lift hills. Lots of things going on, needed more rides to see what was missed, just never got around to it. Longest waits of the entire weekend, of course.

They call it an "up charge" ride which simply means you need tickets for it all the time...is never on a POP...just like the haunted house.

Edit: I couldn't have said it any better than paragraphs 3-4 of this ACE post (even though I've never been on the NJ version): http://www.aceonline.org/AceNewsNow/?article=315

Mike B.