Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Season Passes

Season Passes

boyzbad

Posted:
9/1/11 at
11:31:53 AM

As usual Labor Day weekend tends to kick off the Season Pass sales. I've noticed that the prices seem to be going up quite a bit. CF PP 179vs.149 and SF SP 69vs.49. Not really complaining just wondering if this means the parks are crawling out of their own recessions and getting back up to capacities. Or are the prices merely reflecting the utility costs associated with park operations? I know my home park WoF has done very well for the last 3 years as far as attendance.

Re: Season Passes by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/1/11 12:10:02 PM

> As usual Labor Day weekend tends to kick off the Season
> Pass sales. I've noticed that the prices seem to be going
> up quite a bit. CF PP 179vs.149 and SF SP 69vs.49. Not
> really complaining just wondering if this means the parks
> are crawling out of their own recessions and getting back
> up to capacities. Or are the prices merely reflecting the
> utility costs associated with park operations? I know my
> home park WoF has done very well for the last 3 years as
> far as attendance.

Interesting. GAdv's price is down from last year's early price for 2011.

Mike

Re: Season Passes by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/3/11 3:43:22 PM

SP pricing generally differs according to geographical location.

It's been mentioned many times before, but if you are allowed to order online for a SP out of a park that is not really close to you, that's cool, except you have to visit that far away park first to get the SP before you can use it at a park that is closer to you.
They need your mug on the pass.

That's how Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks SPs have always worked.

Except this: my CF Platinum out of Dorney can be renewed each year, on line, I don't have to visit Dorney first to activate it. Ditto SF, if you don't need a new photo. (which for some reason SFNE has told me for two years in a row that I need a new photo...arrgh).

The Busch (InBev) parks are different, you can opt to keep the SP going for year after year after year...locked into a price per month that obviously gets "cheaper" each year.
Of course, if you don't get a chance to visit a Busch property...

As always, read the fine print.
Better yet, talk to a human at your choice of corporation!

Mike B.