Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Interesting Fight at Rye Playland

Interesting Fight at Rye Playland

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
8/30/11 at
11:41:11 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44335675/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/

I'm sorry but if hats/head gear/long scarves are prohibited on a ride due to safety concerns you can't claim freedom of religion. If one of those people got strangled due to a scarf getting caught on something I bet they would be claiming negligence and suing them.

Jen

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/31/11 12:34:16 AM

^^^Well said. Last year near Sydney a Muslim woman died (strangled) on a go-cart because her headwear was caught up in the wheels. Some people have a better sense of safety than others, and religion isn't an excuse. Just like taking a bath with an electrical device on the rim of the tub is a bad idea. Thus shows like 1000 Ways to Die are created.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/1/11 11:59:13 AM

Jen,

Did you ever own a Chevy Equinox?

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/1/11 12:13:08 PM

> Jen,

> Did you ever own a Chevy Equinox?

I'd like to ask YOU, Kevin..did you ever live in Jersey City, NJ? I used to work with and was pretty good friends with a Kevin Reid.

Mike

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/1/11 12:38:43 PM

> Jen,

> Did you ever own a Chevy Equinox?

Nope. Had several Chevy Camaros but no Equinox.

Jen

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/1/11 9:28:42 PM

> ^^^Well said. Last year near Sydney a Muslim woman died
> (strangled) on a go-cart because her headwear was caught up
> in the wheels. Some people have a better sense of safety
> than others, and religion isn't an excuse. Just like taking
> a bath with an electrical device on the rim of the tub is a
> bad idea. Thus shows like 1000 Ways to Die are created.
> * This Post Has Been Modified *

Totally agreed. I love that show, but the recent season didn't seem quite as good as the previous ones, imo.

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/6/11 11:53:14 AM

Nope! Born and raised on the east coast of Canada, Prince Edward Island. Lived in Calgary, Alberta 1984-1996; Newmarket, Ontario 1996-2006.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/6/11 11:57:36 AM

> Nope! Born and raised on the east coast of Canada, Prince
> Edward Island. Lived in Calgary, Alberta 1984-1996;
> Newmarket, Ontario 1996-2006.

> Mike I though we meet at Stark Raven Mad back in early
> 2000's?

> Regards,
> Kevin Reid

Not me. I've only been to HW once, in 2007 as part of ACE's convention. I wasn't a member, but attended as a guest of one.

Maybe it was Mike B?

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/6/11 12:03:16 PM

Yes! It was MABrider

Re: Interesting Fight at Rye Playland by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/6/11 1:49:28 PM

> Yes! It was MABrider

That it was!
Probably my first SRM...'01 or '02?
Hoo boy, things were different "way back" then, LOL.
Heck, I may have still been active on the 'Buzz back then.

Obviously, the "cast of characters" has changed over the years, with more than a few names/faces that no longer pursue this hobby as actively as they once did (like the entire Reid family!).

Some seem to have dropped out entirely.
Two that come to mind are Rob Wilson and Chris Trease (and wasn't he "BeastAtNight"?). Memory blurs...

Mike B. (yep, thread hijacking!)

Download This is my own by paurereoffeme at 9/30/11 11:43:22 PM

Review mis sold payment protection insurance

Download This is my own