Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Question about buying Disney tickets

Question about buying Disney tickets

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
8/24/11 at
5:13:16 PM

For those in the know, is there any advantage to buying WDW tickets online, or anywhere else prior to visiting the park? I know there are not many discounts available, and we know better than buying from the many kiosks that abound in Orlando.

We will be spending five days or so in November and just wondering if I should buy tix ahead of time. Also we'll probably get our Universal tix thru AAA... are there any better deals?

Re: Question about buying Disney tickets by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 8/24/11 5:26:59 PM

The one major advantage- they mail the tickets to you ahead of time so you have them in hand when you get to the park. No waiting in line to get the tickets.

Also, on the off chance that Disney is running some sort of special (e.g. meal plans or some other promo), those won't be available at the park. I would actually suggest calling the Disney number and buy them over the phone rather than online. You are more likely to get some sort of promo, if there are any, that way.

Far as I know, AAA is probably the best place to get the Universal tickets.

Re: Question about buying Disney tickets by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/24/11 5:35:31 PM

> The one major advantage- they mail the tickets to you ahead
> of time so you have them in hand when you get to the park.
> No waiting in line to get the tickets.

> Also, on the off chance that Disney is running some sort of
> special (e.g. meal plans or some other promo), those won't
> be available at the park. I would actually suggest calling
> the Disney number and buy them over the phone rather than
> online. You are more likely to get some sort of promo, if
> there are any, that way.

> Far as I know, AAA is probably the best place to get the
> Universal tickets.

I can't stress doing it over the phone/internet enough. But make sure they mail you the tickets. It's HELL trying to redeem your tickets at the booths at disney. I waited like 30-40 minutes with 3 families in front of me at Magic Kingdom.

It sucked and I was like......REALLY?

Re: Question about buying Disney tickets by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/25/11 8:19:50 AM

I would use the telephone.

Mainly because over the years I have learned from forums like this one, and I have experienced it myself, this:
Ask questions of the human on the other end of the phone.

When looking at the website, you won't get anything but scripted details and/or "answers." It does not necessarily give you the best deal(s) for your upcoming trip and to what your particulars will be. You have to navigate through it all and figure it all out. It IS good starting point, tho.

But then make the call.
When you talk to a real live human (!), he/she also won't necessarily volunteer information to you about specials, discounts, etc.

But if you ask...they will answer honestly. In other words, "pump them" for info!

So think of questions to ask beforehand and make the call.
You may be pleasantly surprised.

Mike B. (who hasn't been to a Disney property since 9/2006)

Re: Question about buying Disney tickets by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 8/25/11 7:44:33 PM

You should try one of those booths on International Drive or around Kissimmee. I've heard they've got some steals to be had on tickets!