Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England

Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
8/24/11 at
4:10:02 PM

Been a number of accident reports in recent times, of course, but I'm not posting this simply to add to the pile. I'm posting it because it contains a picture of the ride in question, the likes of which I have not seen before. It strikes me as the product of a threesome consisting of MaxAir, CW's Nightmare, and an Enterprise.

Anyone know if there's anything like this in the US of A?

Mike, who would ride this in a heartbeat.

*EDIT* Apparently this is modeled on Excalibur at SF StL, which is the former Evolution from GAdv. I never saw it in operation here, so I had no concept of what the ride looked like when in motion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029236/Camelot-Theme-Park-Boy-12-special-needs-plunges-Excalibur-2-ride.html

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/25/11 12:17:47 PM

> *EDIT* Apparently this is modeled on Excalibur at SF StL,
> which is the former Evolution from GAdv. I never saw it in
> operation here, so I had no concept of what the ride looked
> like when in motion.

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

I remember a pendulum ride behind the bumper cars, but I don't remember it being like this one. I remember it being more like the current one at SFNE, I never remember flat rides names :(

We did have an enterprise though, the ride that spins with swinging cars and eventually stands straight up, you know, on the corner, by the basketball game now, lol.

- mugen

Re: Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/25/11 12:26:05 PM

> *EDIT* Apparently this is modeled on Excalibur at SF StL,
> which is the former Evolution from GAdv. I never saw it in
> operation here, so I had no concept of what the ride looked
> like when in motion.

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

> I remember a pendulum ride behind the bumper cars, but I
> don't remember it being like this one. I remember it being
> more like the current one at SFNE, I never remember flat
> rides names :(

That one I DID ride. Evolution, I believe, was closer to the Ferris Wheel. I'm probably wrong on the location. Doctor Jennifer will correct me if so, I'm sure.

> We did have an enterprise though, the ride that spins with
> swinging cars and eventually stands straight up, you know,
> on the corner, by the basketball game now, lol.

Ah yes, the late Spin Meister, nee Enterprise. Miss it dearly.

Mike

Re: Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/25/11 1:30:01 PM

> I remember a pendulum ride behind the bumper cars, but I
> don't remember it being like this one. I remember it being
> more like the current one at SFNE, I never remember flat
> rides names :(

It was actually called "Pendulum" LOL - it was one of my favorite flats in the park (after Free Fall). I was very upset when they removed it. SFGAm got that one too.

> That one I DID ride. Evolution, I believe, was closer to
> the Ferris Wheel. I'm probably wrong on the location.
> Doctor Jennifer will correct me if so, I'm sure.

You are correct. I never rode it - it hung upside down and I don't like rides that do that.
http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Evolution.htm

> We did have an enterprise though, the ride that spins with
> swinging cars and eventually stands straight up, you know,
> on the corner, by the basketball game now, lol.

> Ah yes, the late Spin Meister, nee Enterprise. Miss it
> dearly.

Me too - that used to always be the first ride we went on when we entered the park.

Jen

Re: Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/25/11 3:09:30 PM

>> That one I DID ride. Evolution, I believe, was closer to
> the Ferris Wheel. I'm probably wrong on the location.
> Doctor Jennifer will correct me if so, I'm sure.

> You are correct.

Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

> Ah yes, the late Spin Meister, nee Enterprise. Miss it
> dearly.

> Me too - that used to always be the first ride we went on
> when we entered the park.

>Same here, actually...when I used to actually go to the RIGHT when I entered the park..

Re: Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/25/11 5:42:16 PM

I think I rode the Pendulum ride.....but I think my first visit was in 2003 so idk how that would be possible.....the reason I say I think I rode it is because I remember thinking I was going to die on something just like that there before.

Oh well, guess I'm getting old! lol

- mugen

Re: Boy Injured In Fall From Ride In England by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/25/11 6:10:53 PM

> I think I rode the Pendulum ride.....but I think my first
> visit was in 2003 so idk how that would be possible.....the
> reason I say I think I rode it is because I remember
> thinking I was going to die on something just like that
> there before.

> Oh well, guess I'm getting old! lol

> - mugen

It was still there - it was taken down between the 2003 -2004 season. It wasn't always operating but I always got lucky with it and it was usually running when I was there. So don't worry, you're not getting old yet, you probably did ride it! (Glad you lived through it LOL!)

It was a great ride too - now with the newer Huss Frisbees (MaxAir/Delirium) it pales in comparison but at the time it was awesome.

Jen

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.