Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan
Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/18/11 10:40:07 AM

A B&M gigacoaster, awesome! I was planning to get the kids passports over the winter, because we were headed up next June even if they didn't build a new coaster. Now Canadas Wonderland is first priority for 2012. If it's as good as Behemoth I'll be in heaven.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/18/11 10:50:04 AM

> A B&M gigacoaster, awesome! I was planning to get the kids
> passports over the winter, because we were headed up next
> June even if they didn't build a new coaster. Now Canadas
> Wonderland is first priority for 2012. If it's as good as
> Behemoth I'll be in heaven.

>
I didn't find Behemoth to be all that last year. Overall, I found their coaster collection more about quantity than quality. Behemoth paled in comparison to Nitro, Diamondback, and Caro-Dator. I was more impressed with the flat ride selection at CW. But Leviathan does hold some appeal for me....and my passport's still good....

Mike

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/18/11 11:34:50 AM

It may be personal preference or Behemoth may have been running well that day, but that coaster had the best air time I ever experienced on a steel coaster. Those 3 camel backs gave me El Toro quality air time. I rode it 10 times, 2 in the front and 8 in the back. I have a feeling when you go back next year, you'll get a better ride on Behemoth. I was just amazed how great that ride was start to finish.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by drachen drachen Profile at 8/18/11 12:06:05 PM

Toronto is not terribly far away, and I'm really thinking about making the trip up north.

My trip up will depend on what Cedar Point does. If CP add's a coaster this year, I will buy a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass, and head to Toronto as well. If Cedar Point adds a new coaster in 2013, then Leviathan will have to wait until then.

Behemoth gets great reviews, and seems to be regarded as one of the best of the B&M speed coasters. I've loved every single one I've ridden, and now Canada's Wonderland has TWO!

Some random thoughts about this ride...

1) I can't believe this is the same park that added an SLC and a Zamperla flyer not that long ago. Now they have two monster B&M. That's like driving a Ford Pinto and a Chevy Nova and then buying two Cadillacs. It's awesome.

2) I think this makes a statement that Cedar Fair wants this park to be a real player in the industry.

3) This is a shot right across Six Flags's bow. People living between La Ronde and Canada's Wonderland should certainly pick the latter now, when deciding between the two parks.

4) This makes three Cedar Fair parks that have 300 foot coasters. Knott's is rumored to get one next year as well, making it four. The only "major" Cedar Fair park that doesn't have one will be Kings Island.

5) The logic that Kings Island won't get one because they have Diamondback, does not work obviously. Canada's Wonderland already has Behemoth. I love how Cedar Fair is saying that they're not afraid to build a bigger version of a very popular ride at the same park.

6) Due to the fact that this ride is "only" 306 feet tall, I can't help but think that something larger is coming to Cedar Point, if not this year, than next year.

7) I'm a little puzzled by Leviathan's layout and train configuration. I think, aside from the height and the color, that the general public might feel it's the same ride as Behemoth. I really thought this was going to be a 300 foot dive machine.

Overall, this is a very exciting announcement - the best one of the year so far.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by SFGAman SFGAman Profile at 8/18/11 12:46:06 PM

Oh my god. I wanna go to canada!

And also the track layout reminds me of intimidator at carowinds.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/18/11 12:49:41 PM

> Oh my god. I wanna go to canada!

> And also the track layout reminds me of intimidator at
> carowinds.

I actually thought the same thing.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/18/11 2:21:50 PM

OH MY GOD.

CANADA HERE I COME.

MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!!

- mugen

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/18/11 2:33:47 PM

For those of you who have recently been to Canada - how bad is it getting over the border now? Haven't been there in years but it looks like I, as well as all of you, want to go too!

Can we say URC Canada trip next year? :~)

Jen

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/18/11 3:02:57 PM

> For those of you who have recently been to Canada - how bad
> is it getting over the border now? Haven't been there in
> years but it looks like I, as well as all of you, want to
> go too!

> Can we say URC Canada trip next year? :~)

> Jen

Getting in...no issues..some questions, but it was no worse than a Turnpike tollbooth in mid-July

Going out..the woman I stayed with lived 10 minutes from the crossing. It took me over 5 hours to cross.

Granted, it was two different locations.

Mike

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by Up_chuck Up_chuck Profile at 8/18/11 5:02:31 PM

> For those of you who have recently been to Canada - how bad
> is it getting over the border now? Haven't been there in
> years but it looks like I, as well as all of you, want to
> go too!

> Can we say URC Canada trip next year? :~)

> Jen

The border crossings into Canada aren't bad, if you avoid the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. L-Q is always backed up because a lot of tourists cross there since that is where most of the attractions are. Rainbow bridge isn't as bad as L-Q, but can be busy. Peace Bridge is the best crossing going into Canada. Coming back into the US is a different story. Plan your trip away from major holidays, especially the Canadian ones. Bridge wait times will be long in both directions. Also try to cross during the week, as a lot of Canadians come over to shop in Buffalo and Niagara Falls on the weekends.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/18/11 7:01:02 PM

I had more trouble with Toronto traffic than the boarder crossing. Although one my way in I was asked 20 questions. It was like the guy didn't believe I was headed to CW by myself.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/19/11 6:59:12 PM

> Although one my way in I was asked 20 questions.
> It was like the guy didn't believe I was headed to CW by
> myself.

I've experienced that, probably thought I was (we are) nuts!
It was while heading to Playland in Vancouver, cannot rememer just where, but I was alone in the rental car.
BC ''can't be further" from where I live, so maybe he was being extra cautious.
Coming back into the US at the same crossing was worse, far worse, as to the grilling and search of the car's trunk. SHE sucked!

Once, while going over to the Canadian side of Niagara, in my Cruiser, with my wife, the guard asked one final question: "Are you a pilot?"
Had me dumbfounded for a few seconds, then I had to laugh.
It's in my profile...

Mike B.

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/26/11 1:34:26 AM

> 7) I'm a little puzzled by Leviathan's layout and train
> configuration. I think, aside from the height and the
> color, that the general public might feel it's the same
> ride as Behemoth. I really thought this was going to be a
> 300 foot dive machine.

I agree, I don't get this move. Hell, even a 200 ft dive machine would've made more sense than this. I get that CP have Maggie and Millie, one is the first hypercoaster with a totally different feel than the newer MF with Maggie having airhill tunnels, tight Arrow trains etc. but CW with two tall mega Beemers, the same company? Why are parks so scared to make dive machines? So basically Leviathan isn't offering any different experience than Behemoth besides a higher first drop. With that said, does Leviathan look awesome? Yes. Is the park choice very strange, and questionable esp given that CW already have a mega coaster? Yes.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/26/11 1:44:56 PM

I understand it's the weirdest move CW could make, but still, everyone should be happy.

I'd kill to have two hypers at my home park, SFGADv. It'd be weird, but still, I'd enjoy it, and so would the GP.

- mugen

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/27/11 2:55:56 AM

> I understand it's the weirdest move CW could make, but
> still, everyone should be happy.

> I'd kill to have two hypers at my home park, SFGADv. It'd
> be weird, but still, I'd enjoy it, and so would the GP.

> - mugen

I second that opinion!

Jen

Re: Canadas Wonderland. Leviathan by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/29/11 4:00:40 AM

Looks great, but with a chain lift, I hope it doesn't go up too slowly. I love the height, but I don't want like '3/5' of the ride time just to get to the top of the hill. lol.

The Nova/Pinto + 2 cadillac comment = win! Great analogy.