Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mach Tower at BGE still not open?

Mach Tower at BGE still not open?

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
8/15/11 at
6:06:07 PM

Are you kidding me? When I went in June I was told it was expected to be up and running in 2-3 weeks.

Looks like they'll have 2 new rides next year, that is unless Verbolten doesn't open until 2013!

Jen

Re: Mach Tower at BGE still not open? by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/19/11 1:05:01 PM

Apparently its open now

Re: Mach Tower at BGE still not open? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/19/11 1:23:19 PM

Can someone explain to me what a "soft opening" is? I found a few articles that stated that. See one below:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/busch-gardens-holds-soft-opening-new-ride

Jen

Re: Mach Tower at BGE still not open? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/19/11 1:37:19 PM

> Can someone explain to me what a "soft opening"
> is? I found a few articles that stated that. See one below:

> Jen

I believe it basically means they'll open something a bit before the GRAND opening, to people that are in the park, without anything other than maybe an in-park announcement. Kinda like they used to sometimes do with the flicks. Others can probably expand on this or correct me.

Michael

Re: Mach Tower at BGE still not open? by drachen drachen Profile at 8/19/11 2:16:53 PM

El Toro had a "soft" opening in 2006. I went to SFGAdv on an early June weekday. The coaster wasn't supposed to be open yet. As we walked over to check it out, we saw a train was running with people in it.

We went over to find the queue to be pretty full and one train operation. But we waited anyway. After waiting two hours, we finally loaded in the back. It blew me away, and I was glad I was there that day.

Anyway, I guess that's a good example of a soft opening - running the ride for guests before the official grand opening.

Re: Mach Tower at BGE still not open? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/19/11 3:27:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I had never heard of that term before.

Jen