Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down

LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down

drachen drachen Profile

Posted:
8/12/11 at
12:56:49 PM

According to Amusement Today's Twitter feed, Screechin' Eagle has been torn down. It had been sitting dormant for almost 9 years. Very sad news.

I don't have the physical attachment to it that some of you may have, as I have never ridden it. But it was one of those rides that you heard GREAT things about.

I had always hoped it would re-open someday, or be moved to another location. Sadly, it seems that that will not be the case.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/12/11 12:57:58 PM

> According to Amusement Today's Twitter feet, Screechin'
> Eagle has been torn down. Very sad news.

Hee hee...Twitter feet :)

Never rode, but I hate to see any coaster disappear..especially a well regarded woodie.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down by drachen drachen Profile at 8/12/11 1:01:43 PM

> According to Amusement Today's Twitter feet, Screechin'
> Eagle has been torn down. Very sad news.

> Hee hee...Twitter feet :)

Gees... Nothing gets by you, does it? I laughed. At work. Again.

Fixed.

Re: LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/12/11 2:24:11 PM

> According to Amusement Today's Twitter feed, Screechin'
> Eagle has been torn down. It had been sitting dormant for
> almost 9 years. Very sad news.

> I don't have the physical attachment to it that some of you
> may have, as I have never ridden it. But it was one of
> those rides that you heard GREAT things about.

> I had always hoped it would re-open someday, or be moved to
> another location. Sadly, it seems that that will not be the
> case.
> * This Post Has Been Modified *

I honestly believe it was my first Woodie, At least my first Adult one :)

On a side note. My family used to gather there once or twice a year from the late 60s to the late 70s. The best years of the park were the mid 70s when they stuffed the place with rides. not just rides. Classic ones like Kennywoods Kangaroo and a Unique one I've never seen anywhere else. (Space Combat)

There was about a ten year gap between my visits during my teens till about 1992 and they had a different train on SE and it broke my tailbone. I visited again for some Frisch's Big Boy picnic in 96 and it broke my tailbone again. It was 2002 after the park had been reopened for its last season that Screechin Eagle ran the absolute best if ever did. GCI rebuilt the lift and second hill track and touched up other spots and it was FLAWLESS.

Down to a handful of John Millers left. Ride em while you can as they were just steep down to the ground drop coasters!

Re: LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down by ray_p ray_p Profile at 8/12/11 4:56:16 PM

I only rode it 3 times when I visited the park in 2002. This is a true shame as the Eagle was an amazing coaster. This is one of the only pictures I have of the ride. Wish I would have taken more.

RIP Eagle.

Re: LeSourdsville Lake's Screechin' Eagle Torn Down by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 8/12/11 5:26:37 PM

What an absolute shame to see this ride destroyed. It was definitely a classic. The back seat had incredible air time, especially on the hill after the turnaround.

RIP Screechin' Eagle. I'm sure you'll be joined by your cousin in Northern Ohio soon.

G-Dog

Story by Hamilton Journal News by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/12/11 9:09:52 PM

http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilton-news/historic-roller-coaster-taken-down-at-lesourdsville-1228811.html