Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Coaster Dimensions for Building Scale Model

Coaster Dimensions for Building Scale Model

jaybeckham

Posted:
8/11/11 at
7:38:37 PM

I want to build a 1/4" scale model of the Cyclone at Coney Island. I have pretty good idea of the track layout lenght and height.

What I am looking for is typical (does not have to be the Cyclone) structural parts. For example:
Track gauge
Typical wood uprights
Sizes of bracing
Track diamensions e.g. 2 x 8 and four layers etc.
And if anyone has specfics on the Cyclone that would be cool also. The Skyliner in Lakemont is close to me and I have photographed a good bit of the coaster. Now day impossible to get close enough to get diamensions of the wood parts.

At this point I have some guesses as to dimensions but I figured someone might have exact data.

Thanks

Jay Beckham

Re: Coaster Dimensions for Building Scale Model by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/11/11 9:39:22 PM

The man you need to talk to is John Hunt. He has built tons of coaster models to scale including The Coney Island Cyclone, although I don't think he has ever built a model that big. His email address is txgiant@optonline.net. He has a web sight rollercoastermodels.com. You can check out some of the models he has built. I'm going to build a model of El Toro over the winter. I emailed him with some questions I had. He replied back the next day. Being that he has already built that model, I'm sure he still has his notes. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Coaster Dimensions for Building Scale Model by jaybeckham at 8/11/11 10:14:43 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I know who he is and will check his website and then email him. Hopefully he will be of some help.

Jay

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.