Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately?

Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately?

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
8/11/11 at
10:30:45 AM

I don't have a working comp at home right now. I've tried hitting the SF website here from work. It's weird..when I click on the calendar for SFA to check hours, I get an info page, but no actual calendar. Same with GAdv. I don't think it has anything to do with the computer, because I get the site..it's not blocked. And I've also checked KD's site..that calendar shows up fine.

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 8/11/11 10:40:54 AM

I get an info page too, but the calendar is right above where it says "tickets." So it's working fine... perhaps the calendar is just taking a while to load.

-Josh

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by squirrels at 8/11/11 10:54:00 AM

Maybe your work has it firewalled?

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/11/11 11:06:16 AM

> I get an info page too, but the calendar is right above
> where it says "tickets." So it's working fine...
> perhaps the calendar is just taking a while to load.

> -Josh

I have this on my screen: "Roll over a date to view park hours. Click a date to view only that day's events."

But no sign of the actual calendar.

And, squirrels, if it WAS firewalled, I wouldn't think I'd get the site at all..but I know nutzink about zis schtuff!

Mike

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/11/11 11:08:29 AM

Try a different browser, or simply clear cache/cookies and try again.

Either the site, the computer, or your connection.

I work for comcast but if it's comcast, I'm running!

- mugen

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by squirrels at 8/11/11 11:14:56 AM

I know the firewall where *I* work sometimes blocks Flash and the like, but will let the website "proper" come through. It may be an issue of how the 6F calendar is presented.

If it's not working from a "non-work" connection, though, then it's on their end. What I always do when I hit a website problem like that is copy the URL to my Droid and see if it comes up. :)

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/11/11 12:53:49 PM

All SF park calendars are fine here (work PC).

Mike B.

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/11/11 1:10:40 PM

> Try a different browser, or simply clear cache/cookies and
> try again.

> Either the site, the computer, or your connection.

> I work for comcast but if it's comcast, I'm running!

> - mugen

LMAO! It's so funny that you're assuming Mike knows what a cache is or cookies are! ;~)

It's not the site - it's something at your job. And a Firewall can only block some content so it is possible it is interfering with the calendar. What do you want to know? We can always look it up for you and let you know.

Jen

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/11/11 1:30:37 PM

>> LMAO! It's so funny that you're assuming Mike knows what a
> cache is or cookies are! ;~)

Chocolate chip is my favorite..not too liberal on the chips, please, though. And I have tasted said cookies made by TWO people on this site..and both were excellent!

> It's not the site - it's something at your job. And a
> Firewall can only block some content so it is possible it
> is interfering with the calendar. What do you want to know?
> We can always look it up for you and let you know.

Whether SFA's open on 9/10 and/or 9/11, and the hours. I can't even see a phone # on the site, so if content is being blocked, it ain't just the calendar.

Mike

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 8/11/11 1:51:30 PM

9/10: closed for private event.

9/11: open 10:30am-7pm Water Park closed

Hope that helps. :)

-Josh

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/11/11 2:21:51 PM

> 9/10: closed for private event.

> 9/11: open 10:30am-7pm Water Park closed

> Hope that helps. :)

> -Josh

Sunday would be my preference anyway. Thanks, Josh.

Now I'll determine if I can manage a motel room for two nights...I'd probably be at KD on Saturday as well.

Mike

Re: Anyone BeenOn SF's Site Lately? by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 8/12/11 2:20:25 AM

> Chocolate chip is my favorite..not too liberal on the
> chips, please, though. And I have tasted said cookies made
> by TWO people on this site..and both were excellent!

> Mike

Thank you! I'm still laughing about you and cookies and caches, oh my! And it hurts to laugh because I still haven't recovered from those El Toro back seat rides last weekend.