Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > How bad are the crowds at Cedar Point in September??

How bad are the crowds at Cedar Point in September??

squirrels

Posted:
8/10/11 at
1:57:14 PM

I went in late July (Monday and Tuesday) and I've been wanting to take some friends back there sometime this year. The only date we can all seem to come up with when we're free to make the 8-hr drive, though, is the weekend of September 17th.

I've heard the Friday nights are usually pretty dead, but most of my friends can't get off early on Friday, so they likely won't be able to ride until Saturday.

I've heard the Saturday "Halloweekend" crowd can get pretty intense, but I'm wondering just how long the line-waits are for a weekend in the middle of September. I mean, if the big three (MF, Maverick, TTD) are running an hour and change, I imagine the noon-till-midnight timeframe will give us plenty of time to ride everything, but if they're posting 2-3 hours, then it may not be worth going. :/

Also, do theme parks like Cedar get MORE or LESS crowded on Saturday night vs. Saturday morning/afternoon??

Re: How bad are the crowds at Cedar Point in September?? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/10/11 2:18:33 PM

The few times that I've been to Cedar Point in the fall, Sundays are alot less crowded than Saturdays. On Saturdays the crowds are manageable until 4:00. Then it starts to get very crowded.

Re: How bad are the crowds at Cedar Point in September?? by NotSo NotSo Profile at 8/11/11 1:38:22 AM

Don't want to be a bummer, but Saturdays in Sept and Oct are the most crowded days of the year. Expect 2 hr minimum for MF, and 3 for Maverick. Even corkscrew will have a 45 min line, it's pretty nuts. The midways are huge, yet you will see them filled with people and have to weave through the crowds just to walk around.

Iron Dragon was 1 1/2 last time I was there on a Saturday.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.