Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Great Adventure Flash Pass Advice

Great Adventure Flash Pass Advice

chuckk chuckk Profile

Posted:
7/24/11 at
10:38:32 AM

Taking my son to a Yankee game on Tues night and thinking about driving down to GA after and going on Wed. I have never used a flash pass before and wanted to see what you guys thought. There are 3 different options..Here are the prices for both of us...

Regular Flash Pass: $74
Gold: $124
Platinum: $194

What is the big difference between "regular" and "gold"? Im willing to go up to the gold if it is really worth it. I will not purchase the platinum.

Re: Great Adventure Flash Pass Advice by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/24/11 11:31:26 AM

I am the SFGAdv Flash Pass connoisseur!

Forget the Platinum - not worth it. The only thing it lets you do different is ride twice in a row. Not worth that increase in price. If you want to ride twice simply enter the ride again, get off and walk back around and get back on. That short walk is surely worth the extra $70.

The Gold is the best one unless the crowds are light, then it isn't much different from the regular. With the Gold FP I've never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for the next ride. For example you go to ride El Torro - the attendant resets the FP so you can now enter another ride before you get on. You then enter Kingda Ka. By the time you're off the ride and walk to KK it will be time to ride.

The Regular states that the wait for rides is equivalent to what the actual time spent on line would be, which is not true. It is always shorter but by how much varies on the park crowds and number of Flash Passes sold. There have been times when I've used the regular and it was no different than the Gold and times I had to wait about 30 minutes to ride something (when the actual wait was an hour or longer). So value wise, this is your best bet unless you are in a serious rush and the park is crowded.

Another thing to keep in mind is you can always upgrade the FP. So I suggest starting with the regular and if the wait times they are giving you are too long, go back and upgrade to the Gold. That way you don't buy the Gold when all you really needed was the Regular (which has happened to me in the past).

Have fun and Go Yankees!! ;~)

Jen

* This Post Has Been Modified *

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.