Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Storm Runner Question

Storm Runner Question

Danaa_

Posted:
5/18/11 at
11:34:56 AM

I am doing a school project and i need to know. . . What is the width (or an estimation) of the Storm Runner's tracks. Please answer A.S.A.P. it will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Storm Runner Question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/18/11 6:52:07 PM

I couldn't find that information anywhere and unless you find someone to go and measure it - I'm not sure you can. Even on the Intamin website it makes no mention of it.

Here is a place you can send Intamin an e-mail and ask them but if you need this info quickly they will probably not respond in time:

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/Home/contactus/tabid/127/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

Here's their main website: http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/Home/news/tabid/124/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

Jen

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Storm Runner Question by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 5/18/11 7:58:32 PM

What I want to know is why is the width of the track relevant for your school project? I can't think of any reason why this would be important.

After 15 years of following coasters I've never once seen a fact sheet with the track gauge reported.

-Eric

Re: Storm Runner Question Photo Icon by Tomes at 5/19/11 9:06:56 PM

> What I want to know is why is the width of the track
> relevant for your school project? I can't think of any
> reason why this would be important.

> After 15 years of following coasters I've never once seen a
> fact sheet with the track gauge reported.

> -Eric

Eric, since this is for a school project I can see how it would be relevant. She might be trying to calculate the stress the train exerts on the track or something. With the exception of I305, I think Intamin has a standard track width, with triangles and pyramids helping the stability of the track throughout the various sections.. You will notice that sometimes they have "square" track, sometimes "triangular" and sometimes "flat". In some cases, like in Millenium Force, they actually transition from one style of track to another in the middle of the same ride. It's never relevant to YOU because you don't have to worry about this kind of stuff (luckily :-) but for a school project I can see why she might want to know..

I'm not sure exactly what the width of the track is... But look at this picture: If the width of the waist of a person like the ones in the picture is about a foot or a foot and a half, and there are 2 people sitting side by side, plus a couple inches clearance, I'd say the track is about 3' to 3'6" but it's just an estimate.

Thanks,
Tomer

I can s User Submitted Picture

Re: Storm Runner Question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/19/11 10:26:34 PM

That picture really makes me want to ride Storm Runner right now.....

Jen

Re: Storm Runner Question by Danaa_ at 5/20/11 9:00:52 AM

thank you!!
@Tomer & @Jen

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Storm Runner Question by Danaa_ at 5/20/11 9:06:17 AM

@Eric this information is relevant because we are building a scale model of the Storm Runner. Therefore if you don't have any helpful advice, mind yours because right now i don't see why your relevant!

Re: Storm Runner Question by drachen drachen Profile at 5/20/11 11:31:36 AM

> @Eric this information is relevant because we are building
> a scale model of the Storm Runner. Therefore if you don't
> have any helpful advice, mind yours because right now i
> don't see why your relevant!

Relevant because this his website...

Re: Storm Runner Question by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 5/20/11 12:43:18 PM

> @Eric this information is relevant because we are building
> a scale model of the Storm Runner. Therefore if you don't
> have any helpful advice, mind yours because right now i
> don't see why your relevant!

woah, careful there. As mentioned, it's his website, and you're also not going to find to many people who know more about the coaster scene than Eric. Politely explaining why you want/need the information, as you did in the other post, was fine and appropriate. You really didn't need to go where you went on this post.

Re: Storm Runner Question by CP_Fan_in_Texas CP_Fan_in_Texas Profile at 5/20/11 5:57:25 PM

Foot, meet mouth.

Re: Storm Runner Question by hersheyworker hersheyworker Profile at 5/21/11 12:32:13 AM

> That picture really makes me want to ride Storm Runner
> right now.....

> Jen

Same here, I love that ride to death and unfortunately no one will go with me to the park so I'll have to wait until I can go with someone.

Re: Storm Runner Question by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/21/11 1:34:17 AM

> Relevant because this his website...

Exactly, that plus questions like that are somewhat odd without a specific reason for the answers. If it was stated more in detail earlier, then it would be more clear.

Re: Storm Runner Question by Danaa_ at 5/23/11 8:50:50 AM

-____- I'm Done..... ------> Thank You For Your Timee !

Re: Storm Runner Question by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 5/27/11 2:51:27 PM

Listen here.

My response and question WAS NOT rude. I asked a question about how this was relevant. I stated a FACT about this being rare information.

Plain and simple. I'm not going to tolerate a reply like that from any user. You can find another site to participate on.

Re: Storm Runner Question by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 5/27/11 3:05:19 PM

> Eric, since this is for a school project I can see how it
> would be relevant. She might be trying to calculate the
> stress the train exerts on the track or something. With the
> exception of I305

Thank you very much, but I've taken Physics in high school and in college. I've reviewed several teachers in-class assignments related to roller coasters and thrill rides. I've also seen the packets for "Physics Days" provided by a couple of parks.

The explanation for a scale model makes sense, but my comment DID NOT warrant a RUDE reply.