Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Intimidator 305 Trims update...

Intimidator 305 Trims update...

CoAsTeRDaN

Posted:
6/5/10 at
10:26:03 AM

Ok, some of you may have read my report from last weekend. They appeared to tinker with them again and are a bit better than last week.
It appears they shortened the trims a bit. And the result is that it doesn't get that extreme 2nd slow down near the bottom of the drop, there isn't the long hesitation like last week. The ride ran a bit faster. Its still not what it was prior to the trims, but its a WHOLE lot better than last weeks incarnation of the ride. I won't say I am happy with the ride, but I will say its somewhat better and starting to get "fun" again.
I am still hearing rumors that soft straps may appear in a week or so and once the wheel situation gets corrected they may tinker with removing a little more of the trims. I also heard the park is considering I-305 a work in progress...
Bottom line, ride is better than my report last week due to the trims being shortened some.
Danny
CoAsTeRDaN

Re: Intimidator 305 Trims update... by alpengeistno3 at 6/5/10 1:58:14 PM

> Ok, some of you may have read my report from last weekend.
> They appeared to tinker with them again and are a bit
> better than last week.
> It appears they shortened the trims a bit. And the result
> is that it doesn't get that extreme 2nd slow down near the
> bottom of the drop, there isn't the long hesitation like
> last week. The ride ran a bit faster. Its still not what it
> was prior to the trims, but its a WHOLE lot better than
> last weeks incarnation of the ride. I won't say I am happy
> with the ride, but I will say its somewhat better and
> starting to get "fun" again.
> I am still hearing rumors that soft straps may appear in a
> week or so and once the wheel situation gets corrected they
> may tinker with removing a little more of the trims. I also
> heard the park is considering I-305 a work in progress...
> Bottom line, ride is better than my report last week due to
> the trims being shortened some.
> Danny
> CoAsTeRDaN

LoL, talk about a "Do-It-Yourself Home Improvement" project :) Well, there are 2 pieces of good news here. 1. Nothing seems to be final with this ride. 2. The park is not willing to accept trims as the final solution. It is a shame that KD is having to do so much tinkering on it so soon. This is the freakin' 21st century!! Why the heck wasn't Intamin able to work this out BEFORE the ride opened?!?!?!

I am just appalled that all of this seems to be "unknown" trial and error with all the advanced CAD programs and the experiencing the same problems with Millenium Force. Hopefully, Intamin's customer service department is better than their engineering department :)

Paul

Re: Intimidator 305 Trims update... by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 6/5/10 4:11:20 PM

> LoL, talk about a "Do-It-Yourself Home
> Improvement" project :) Well, there are 2 pieces of
> good news here. 1. Nothing seems to be final with this
> ride. 2. The park is not willing to accept trims as the
> final solution. It is a shame that KD is having to do so
> much tinkering on it so soon. This is the freakin' 21st
> century!! Why the heck wasn't Intamin able to work this out
> BEFORE the ride opened?!?!?!

> I am just appalled that all of this seems to be
> "unknown" trial and error with all the advanced
> CAD programs and the experiencing the same problems with
> Millenium Force. Hopefully, Intamin's customer service
> department is better than their engineering department :)

I'm appalled that you still manage to find the most negative aspects out of any situiation.

We are LUCKY that KD was even able to open I305 on schedule with the 84 inches of snow that fell on KD over the winter.

I don't blame anyone.

Obviously they are doing everything in their power to make it right and I commend both KD and Intamin for that.

If it takes a full season to get this coaster right, I am fine with that.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Intimidator 305 Trims update... by alpengeistno3 at 6/5/10 4:48:21 PM

> LoL, talk about a "Do-It-Yourself Home
> Improvement" project :) Well, there are 2 pieces of
> good news here. 1. Nothing seems to be final with this
> ride. 2. The park is not willing to accept trims as the
> final solution. It is a shame that KD is having to do so
> much tinkering on it so soon. This is the freakin' 21st
> century!! Why the heck wasn't Intamin able to work this out
> BEFORE the ride opened?!?!?!

> I am just appalled that all of this seems to be
> "unknown" trial and error with all the advanced
> CAD programs and the experiencing the same problems with
> Millenium Force. Hopefully, Intamin's customer service
> department is better than their engineering department :)

> I'm appalled that you still manage to find the most
> negative aspects out of any situiation.

> We are LUCKY that KD was even able to open I305 on schedule
> with the 84 inches of snow that fell on KD over the winter.

> I don't blame anyone.

> Obviously they are doing everything in their power to make
> it right and I commend both KD and Intamin for that.

> If it takes a full season to get this coaster right, I am
> fine with that.

> Joe
> Great_Ump

Lol, I can't believe that you are blaming the poor planning of this attraction on SNOW?!?! It could have been 90 degrees and sunny all winter and we would have still got the same I-305 with the same "unforeseen" problems.

There is no one to blame. I won't rehash it all here. KD wanted a ride that was "different". Intamin promised they could deliver it. THEY BOTH came up with I-305, a ride that neither one knew would perform the way it has the last 3 months. That is unacceptable considering the technology available.

Of course we will all be happy if they get it right. Duh!! The problem is that it seems like rather than make it right, they are still experimenting and looking for what is right. How can that be?

The alternative is they close it until they get it right. No one would like that better. But it is absurd that they were not able to get this done back in March or even April while the park was closed during the week. Or how about on the blueprint pages (as if they still use blueprints, lol!) Someone screwed up, BAD!!!

Call it negative if you want, Joe. IT'S THE TRUTH!!! And I think it is too laughably funny (hence all the lol's)

Paul

By the way, Intamin screwed up Volcano intially, too. It took them 3 years to get that right and it was the best ride in the park. A little something "positive" for you since you say I'm so negative :)

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Intimidator 305 Trims update... by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/5/10 9:50:36 PM

Well I will say I finally got front row seats for both Dominator and Volcano last Friday, so that's a positive :)

:sigh: I've been so busy I haven't been able to post my trs and concidering how I still have no idea how I-305's ride was like from one week to the other, I'm afraid I can't post my comments about it other than it did feel a bit rougher [more grayout feelings] last Friday [28th] compared to Saturday [22nd].