Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > The jinx continues,.. SFGradv 3/30/10

The jinx continues,.. SFGradv 3/30/10

alpengeistno3

Posted:
3/30/10 at
10:17:16 PM

Okay, now I PROMISE this one will be brief, REALLY :)

While I was I was obtaining my Funatics rewards Monday, I decided to check the operating hours for Gradv around 1:00 PM and noticed a note that the park was closed "due to inclement weather". Noaa.gov had nothing but rain in the forcast, but I figure the park closed because of low attendance. The 7 day had 90% rain the forcast for all day Tuesday, the day I had planned to make the 3.5 hr drive up from Southern Maryland. Normally, rain is not enough to close a park for the day. Great Adventure burned me and my mom back in 2000 by closing at 5:00 due to rain that lasted until 2:00, leaving the park near desserted.

I got up to leave at 6:30 AM, but stalled until 7:00 before going to pick my friend up in Alexandria. After checking a couple of other weather sources and looking at the Today Show's outdoor weather forecast, I decided to call the park at 8:00 AM. No one answered the phone. I sent out a couple of facebook messages to my New Jersey friends and the rain was looking emminent. I called back at 9:00 and sure enough, the message had been updated to "Six Flags Great Adventure will be closed Tuesday, March 30 due to inclement weather."

I don't know if this is truly a continuation of my jinx this season, or a sign that things are looking up because I did not make the trek to "Wally World" to find the gates locked!! I'm still going to Kings Dominion on Friday for the opening of I-305, so if you are reading this, you may want to stay away!! Things are not looking good on my coaster tea leaves and we are talking Intamin here.

Paul

PS,
I may go to Gradv Wednesday if the weather is a good as they say (last check of weather.com had cloudy with mostly sun and a high of 61 :)

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: The jinx continues,.. SFGradv 3/30/10 by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 3/30/10 11:07:23 PM

Stay away from Texas.

- Pat-O

Re: The jinx continues,.. SFGradv 3/30/10 by alpengeistno3 at 3/31/10 2:09:18 PM

> Stay away from Texas.

> - Pat-O

Hey, I know the saying. "Don't mess with Texas!"

Paul

Re: The jinx continues,.. SFGradv 3/30/10 by junebugg junebugg Profile at 3/31/10 6:14:45 PM

> I don't know if this is truly a continuation of my jinx
> this season, or a sign that things are looking up because I
> did not make the trek to "Wally World" to find
> the gates locked!! I'm still going to Kings Dominion on
> Friday for the opening of I-305, so if you are reading
> this, you may want to stay away!! Things are not looking
> good on my coaster tea leaves and we are talking Intamin
> here.

Ya know, things do happen in THREES. First SFA, next SFGAd and now KD is quite possibly next.!?!

Re: The jinx continues,.. SFGradv 3/30/10 by alpengeistno3 at 3/31/10 6:24:51 PM

> I don't know if this is truly a continuation of my jinx
> this season, or a sign that things are looking up because I
> did not make the trek to "Wally World" to find
> the gates locked!! I'm still going to Kings Dominion on
> Friday for the opening of I-305, so if you are reading
> this, you may want to stay away!! Things are not looking
> good on my coaster tea leaves and we are talking Intamin
> here.

> Ya know, things do happen in THREES. First SFA, next SFGAd
> and now KD is quite possibly next.!?!

Well, since I went to SFA Saturday and Sunday, it could count as 2, right? At least I hope so!!

Paul