Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags season passes

Six Flags season passes

darkelfling

Posted:
3/25/09 at
1:59:05 PM

I know last season, I had gotten my season pass mailed to me with last year's picture and all I had to do was activate it online.

Does anyone know if Six Flags will be doing this again this season?

I helped a couple friends get their passes online and they have moved and would like to know if their photo's (and names) are getting mailed to old addresses, which is kind of a privacy type of thing.

Re: Six Flags season passes by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/25/09 2:49:38 PM

The answer is "probably yes" - I renewed mine online just before Christmas and the new pass was Fed-Ex'd to me a week later, with last year's photo as you said. I'm assuming that if you renew online they will do the same.

Re: Six Flags season passes by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 3/25/09 3:24:44 PM

> I know last season, I had gotten my season pass mailed to
> me with last year's picture and all I had to do was
> activate it online.

> Does anyone know if Six Flags will be doing this again this
> season?

> I helped a couple friends get their passes online and they
> have moved and would like to know if their photo's (and
> names) are getting mailed to old addresses, which is kind
> of a privacy type of thing.

Got mine in the mail a little over a week ago...all I have to do is activate them online.

Sooooo ez.
Sooooo simple.
Sooooo looking forward to passing up all those ppl waiting in the processing line on my way to a coaster!

LOL
~MommaBeast

Re: Six Flags season passes by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/25/09 5:32:34 PM

> Got mine in the mail a little over a week ago...all I have
> to do is activate them online.

Activate? You mean there's something else I gotta do before I can use it at the park? I didn't get that memo.

Re: Six Flags season passes by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 3/25/09 6:19:56 PM

> Got mine in the mail a little over a week ago...all I have
> to do is activate them online.

> Activate? You mean there's something else I gotta do before
> I can use it at the park? I didn't get that memo.

Hmmm...are we talking about the same thing? I literally got all four of our passes in the mail (pics and all) with a letter explaining all things Six Flags *and* a strip across all Season Pass ID's instructing me to go to

SixFlags.com/Activate

to renew/activate them instantly.

This makes the second year (or is it the third?) that the passes have been sent to me -automatically- via mail and all I have to do is pay for them/activate them online.

Is that the same dealio you got/you're talking about?

~MommaBeast

Re: Six Flags season passes by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 3/25/09 6:32:36 PM

Most of you don't know what this user is talking about.

If you did not renew your 2007 season pass by a certain date Six Flags automatically sent you a new 2008 season pass along with letter asking you to renew. If you were interested then you'd go online to activate the 2008 season pass card and thus purchase the pass they mailed you. If not then you'd just toss it in the trash.

I received this offer in the mail last year and simply didn't activate it.

In my opinion this is not a privacy concern since it only contains your name and photo. There are far easier ways to steal ones identity. You're also making the assumption that the person who lives at your new address is a theif, which is kind of far reaching. If you move then it is your responsibility to contact the park and update your mailing address. If you do that then there is no issue. Failure to take the time to do so is just asking for problems.

If your friends are so concerned then why haven't they done that.

Re: Six Flags season passes by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/25/09 6:41:28 PM

> Hmmm...are we talking about the same thing? I literally got
> all four of our passes in the mail (pics and all) with a
> letter explaining all things Six Flags *and* a strip across
> all Season Pass ID's instructing me to go to SixFlags.com
> to renew/activate them instantly.

> This makes the second year (or is it the third?) that the
> passes have been sent to me -automatically- via mail
> and all I have to do is pay for them/activate them online.

> Is that the same dealio you got/you're talking about?

Thanks MB... but no, different scenario (Whew!)
I first paid for mine online, then they sent the laminated pass.
And thank you Eric for the explanation... that cleared it all up.

Re: Six Flags season passes by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 3/25/09 8:40:50 PM

> Thanks MB... but no, different scenario (Whew!)
> I first paid for mine online, then they sent the laminated
> pass.

MmmKay...and you're welcome!
;)

~MommaBeast

Re: Six Flags season passes by darkelfling at 3/26/09 7:35:31 AM

Thanks all.

It is not so much a privacy concern in dealing with identity theft, but just knowing that someone has your picture and name can be a somewhat disturbing thought.