Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Roller Coaster Names

Roller Coaster Names

coasterfanchris

Posted:
12/11/08 at
5:39:06 PM

I was looking for inspiration for the rides that I design. I want to know some roller coaster names that have not been used before. Then I will design it. So give me your names.

Re: Roller Coaster Names by primemover primemover Profile at 12/11/08 10:04:44 PM

They should make names scarier like "the flesh peeler" or "neck breaker", maybe not death but defiantly lead you to believe you will are not safe on that ride.

Re: Roller Coaster Names by alpengeistno3 at 12/11/08 10:37:40 PM

Before I had accumulated enough Hot Wheels track to build actual coaster layouts, I used to make my own names. I remember one I called the White Mamba. It started off just like KD's Shockwave, but had a 1 ring helix and a long sharp drop into the brakes. Anaconda had just come out, I was looking for other weird snake names. I doubt there is a white mamba, but it sounded cool with the "constricting" helix and the "quick strike" drop at the end.

Paul

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Roller Coaster Names by coastermom coastermom Profile at 12/12/08 2:16:24 AM

A long time ago Cracked Magazine had a rollercoaster section that ha me in stitches! I haven't been able to find it but I remember one of their names was called "The Gristmill" Where a buzz saw beheaded you before the end of the ride!

Re: Roller Coaster Names by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/12/08 9:14:56 AM

> They should make names scarier like "the flesh peeler"
> or "neck breaker"...

One episode of the Simpsons featured a ride named the "Tooth Chipper".

Re: Roller Coaster Names by Link Link Profile at 12/12/08 9:28:41 AM

Deathtrap

Re: Roller Coaster Names by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/12/08 10:59:58 AM

> A long time ago Cracked Magazine had a rollercoaster
> section that ha me in stitches! I haven't been able to find
> it but I remember one of their names was called "The
> Gristmill" Where a buzz saw beheaded you before the
> end of the ride!

Jodi, I thought I was the only one here who ever read Cracked!! Still the Grimstill sounds like it has alot of head chopper action. :P

Re: Roller Coaster Names by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 12/12/08 11:03:16 AM

The Stock Market!

Roz

Re: Roller Coaster Names by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/12/08 11:04:58 AM

Nah, I have a name for the Stock Market...Perilous Plunge.

Re: Roller Coaster Names by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 12/12/08 11:09:14 AM

And you get soaked as well!

Roz

Re: Roller Coaster Names by coasterfanchris at 12/12/08 5:48:12 PM

I have made thrillville rides that I often name after I make it, so that it describes the ride. I made one called the two towers.

Re: Roller Coaster Names by coastermom coastermom Profile at 12/13/08 11:42:01 PM

LOL! Corkscrew!
I could just kick myself for losing it, it was hilarious!

> Jodi, I thought I was the only one here who ever read
> Cracked!! Still the Grimstill sounds like it has alot of
> head chopper action. :P

>

Re: Roller Coaster Names by coastermom12 at 6/28/10 8:33:42 PM

Ideas:

-use a ferocious animal that hasn't already been used, like The Bobcat or the Bulldog

-use a translator website and translate something catchy into Dutch or Spanish or Swahalli, like Koning van Hout is Dutch for King of Wood, and I made it the worlds tallest and fastest wooden coaster on Rct3

-use the color of the coaster, for example a black and white roller coaster called the Perilous Panda

-use something that makes the ride sound painful, like the Brain Twister or the Mind Screwer

-put a noun in front of coaster, like KillerCoaster

-use death, like The Death Trap

-use its elements, like the Super Duper Loop Dee Looper or the Corkscrewer

-use a disaster, like the Twister, a water coaster called the Tsunami, the Hurricane, the Vortex, the Tornado, etc

-used what the vehicles look like, for example the Speedy Bullet is a coaster with cars shaped like bullets, or Mining Mission is a coaster with mine cart cars

-use the speed, like a fast launched coaster than could be called the Bullet

-use a super hero or super villian, like the Joker, or Captain America.

-use a letter from the English alphabet. X is already a ride at a 6 flags, but you could make one called Z or something.

-base the name on what scenery is around, like the Dinosaur Dropper or the Pirate's Peak

-use alliteration

-make a name totally up, like 6 flags did for Kingda Ka

-use a mythical creature or god, like Zeus Unleashed or Pegasus Fury.

- add a scary adjective onto any animal, like the Wild Woodchuck, Agressive Alligator, or Perilous Panda

-use something that has to do with action, like the Stealth Bomber

HOPE THIS HELPED U :)

-coastermom12

Re: Roller Coaster Names by SFGAman SFGAman Profile at 6/29/10 12:01:33 PM

1. Whiplash

2. Insanity

3. Velocity

4. The Bullet

thats all i got. good luck!

Re: Roller Coaster Names by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 6/29/10 2:53:53 PM

> 1. Whiplash

> 2. Insanity

> 3. Velocity

> 4. The Bullet

> thats all i got. good luck!

All but the first are actually ride names. though I haven't been on any of them:

Insanity -- crazy Stratosphere ride
Vertical Velocity
the Bullet

Also, a well known large park was going to rename a certain large woodie The Chiropractor, but the local chiropractors threatened to sue for defamation of character! :)

Roz

Re: Roller Coaster Names by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/3/10 9:10:44 AM

> A long time ago Cracked Magazine had a rollercoaster
> section that ha me in stitches! I haven't been able to find
> it but I remember one of their names was called "The
> Gristmill" Where a buzz saw beheaded you before the
> end of the ride!

> Jodi, I thought I was the only one here who ever read
> Cracked!! Still the Grimstill sounds like it has alot of
> head chopper action. :P

>
OK, let's make it a threesome. I, too, used to read CRACKED, and thought it could occasionally be funnier than MAD.

Hey, speaking of threesomes, you guys remember the other, vastly inferior, humor magazine that was often lumped in with MAD and CRACKED?

Mike

Re: Roller Coaster Names by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/3/10 9:18:05 AM

-use the color of the coaster, for example a black and
> white roller coaster called the Perilous Panda

Ha Ha! Good One..Build it right next to the Panda Express restaurant!

> -use something that makes the ride sound painful, like the
> Brain Twister or the Mind Screwer

I couldn't ride the Brain Teaser at Darien Lake yesterday :(

-use a disaster, like the Twister, a water coaster called
> the Tsunami, the Hurricane, the Vortex, the Tornado, etc

Clementon's Hellcat was briefly called Tsunami, until the real thing hit Indonesia a few years back. And no, I guess there's never been a roller coaster called Twister, Vortex or Tornado...

-use a super hero or super villian, like the Joker, or
> Captain America.

Yeah, that's never been done...

Mike

Re: Roller Coaster Names by coastermom12 at 7/9/10 10:36:30 AM

I went to Darien Lake a couple days ago! The Mind Eraser there is where i got my idea of something like the Brain Screwer. That is an awesome theme park

Re: Roller Coaster Names by coastermom12 at 7/9/10 10:40:20 AM

> I couldn't ride the Brain Teaser at Darien Lake yesterday
> :(

Why would you want to go on the Brain Teaser? Its ffor like 2 year olds? Try the Mind Eraser, baby.

Re: Roller Coaster Names by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/9/10 11:10:31 AM

> I couldn't ride the Brain Teaser at Darien Lake yesterday
> :(

> Why would you want to go on the Brain Teaser? Its ffor like
> 2 year olds? Try the Mind Eraser, baby.

Because it's a coaster. And from experience on Vekoma SLC's like the Mind Eraser, probably a hell of a lot more pleasant and less painful! Wouldn't be the first coaster "for 2 year-olds" I've been on either!

Mike

Re: Roller Coaster Names by EmperorOfSteel at 5/4/12 2:55:12 PM
Some names i give my Rollercoasters on the game are:

-Emperor of Steel
-Zorro
-Tornerre
-Katun
-Boldit
-Tórvinge (Norwegian)
-Baken (Danish)
-Odin