Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens

Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens

duxstar duxstar Profile

Posted:
10/21/08 at
11:39:23 PM

I know the title is going to mislead people to think that I am "comparing" the two parks from personal experience but I'm not. I am here to tell a story and then go on to ask a question.

ok I am a roller coaster fanatic, I put 1200 miles on my car (that i LOVE, and is the one and only love of my life) to go to Hershey Park, Knoebels, and Dorney all in a 2 day span. Normal people don't really do this, anyway back to the point, I love coasters. After this little trip I started adding up my coaster count and started adding up the coasters I had been on. I noticed that my coaster count was near the 100 mark, I am sitting on about 89 - 95 coasters in my count right now (depending on if you count re-named coasters as different, and there are a couple im quite fuzzy on). Either way after noticing how close I was to my goal I decided that before the summer ended I wanted to hit 100 coasters, and put my coaster count into the triple digit mark. Well as the summer went on I didn't really get a lot of chances to go to amusement parks that I wanted to, I worked a lot (at a summer camp) and when I was off I was tired. So the summer came and went and I was still stuck at the 89 - 94 mark (I count 94, but some purists might be like OMG you've only been on 89).

So now its October and It's coming awfully close to the end of the season, well I was taking a trip down to Maryland to buy some wheels for my car. So i figured I would take a detour up to my moms friends house and go to an amusement park for fright fest. So finally after the rims thing fell through (a completely different story) they asked me what park I wanted to go to. Now this was hard for me because I had already been to Busch Gardens and never been to Kings Dominion. After looking at RCDB plenty of times, and thinking about it and mulling it over my decision was to go back to Busch Gardens even though I wouldn't hit my 100 coaster mark. The thing is I just cannot convince myself to go to Kings Dominion for some reason; this is the second time I've had a choice between both the parks (only able to do 1) and I still chose Busch gardens over Kings Dominion.

The reason I chose this course was however not because I think Busch Gardens is "cleaner, or nicer" or anything like that. The reason I chose Busch Gardens was simply because I could not find one coaster at Kings Dominion that I could JUSTIFY picking it over Busch. It's weird because I really wanted to hit 100 but everytime I look at Kings Dominion I just get this feeling that I won't like any coaster "a lot". I mean I've been on Dominator and there was just no draw for me to go there ya know? I normally try to go to a place that has something I'm pretty sure I'm going to like, and I just can't do that at Kings Dominion. Like I'm sure I'd enjoy Volcano, but the other rides just looked ......... not "top tier". Like Busch gardens I can say "they have the best suspended roller coaster, a brand new dive machine, and a hyper-coaster that sits in my top 5" meanwhile I couldn't really counter-argue Kings dominion and that kind of upsets me for some reason. I guess this could just be a long winded post of me saying that Kings Dominion needs A "star" attraction along the lines of Diamondback, Apollo's Chariot, Behometh (a hyper/new coaster pretty much) to become competitive with Busch.

I guess another reason I posted this was to get some kind of validation, or a counter-argument from someone that will tell me why I made the wrong choice. In the end the choice kind of looks like "I chose Griffon + re-rides of some old favorites over a chance to try new coasters" and I feel like as an enthusiast I made the wrong decision, but I made the right decision for the people that were with me (my sister and my mom).

I dunno just something I'm venting about =/

-edit- *NM* by speed_of_fright speed_of_fright Profile at 10/22/08 12:55:58 AM
-edit-

* This post was modified at 4/7/14 6:47:30 PM *

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 10/22/08 1:19:36 AM

> ok I am a roller coaster fanatic, I put 1200 miles on my
> car (that i LOVE, and is the one and only love of my life)
> to go to Hershey Park, Knoebels, and Dorney all in a 2 day
> span. Normal people don't really do this, anyway back to
> the point, I love coasters. After this little trip I
> started adding up my coaster count and started adding up
> the coasters I had been on. I noticed that my coaster count
> was near the 100 mark, I am sitting on about 89 - 95
> coasters in my count right now (depending on if you count
> re-named coasters as different, and there are a couple im
> quite fuzzy on). Either way after noticing how close I was
> to my goal I decided that before the summer ended I wanted
> to hit 100 coasters, and put my coaster count into the
> triple digit mark. Well as the summer went on I didn't
> really get a lot of chances to go to amusement parks that I
> wanted to, I worked a lot (at a summer camp) and when I was
> off I was tired. So the summer came and went and I was
> still stuck at the 89 - 94 mark (I count 94, but some
> purists might be like OMG you've only been on 89).

Personally I don't count coasters after a re-naming. It's still the same set of rail that my body has already traveled. However unlike most coaster enthusiasts, I do count opposite sides of track as a singular credit (ie two sides on Gemini equals two credits, same for Lightning Racer and Racer at KI).

> So now its October and It's coming awfully close to the end
> of the season, well I was taking a trip down to Maryland to
> buy some wheels for my car. So i figured I would take a
> detour up to my moms friends house and go to an amusement
> park for fright fest. So finally after the rims thing fell
> through (a completely different story) they asked me what
> park I wanted to go to. Now this was hard for me because I
> had already been to Busch Gardens and never been to Kings
> Dominion. After looking at RCDB plenty of times, and
> thinking about it and mulling it over my decision was to go
> back to Busch Gardens even though I wouldn't hit my 100
> coaster mark. The thing is I just cannot convince myself to
> go to Kings Dominion for some reason; this is the second
> time I've had a choice between both the parks (only able to
> do 1) and I still chose Busch gardens over Kings Dominion.

> The reason I chose this course was however not because I
> think Busch Gardens is "cleaner, or nicer" or
> anything like that. The reason I chose Busch Gardens was
> simply because I could not find one coaster at Kings
> Dominion that I could JUSTIFY picking it over Busch.

I love people who make judgements on coasters they've yet to ride.

I'd take Volcano over any of the Busch Gardens Europe coaster any day. And I am a self proclaimed B&M fanboy.

King's Dominion has a good collection of coasters. I think Rebel Yell and Grizzly are two (three :) ) outstanding wooden coasters something Busch does not have.

I'm taking a wild guess that you've never been on a bobsled coaster so that in itself would be a unique experience.

I'm just happy King's Dominion finally installed a coaster (Dominator) that has made the lines shorter for Volcano. Between Paramount and Cedar Fair, it only took them ten years or so to do it. :)

It's
> weird because I really wanted to hit 100 but everytime I
> look at Kings Dominion I just get this feeling that I won't
> like any coaster "a lot". I mean I've been on
> Dominator and there was just no draw for me to go there ya
> know? I normally try to go to a place that has something
> I'm pretty sure I'm going to like, and I just can't do that
> at Kings Dominion. Like I'm sure I'd enjoy Volcano, but the
> other rides just looked ......... not "top tier".
> Like Busch gardens I can say "they have the best
> suspended roller coaster, a brand new dive machine, and a
> hyper-coaster that sits in my top 5" meanwhile I
> couldn't really counter-argue Kings dominion and that kind
> of upsets me for some reason. I guess this could just be a
> long winded post of me saying that Kings Dominion needs A
> "star" attraction along the lines of Diamondback,
> Apollo's Chariot, Behometh (a hyper/new coaster pretty
> much) to become competitive with Busch.

I disagree but whatever floats your boat.

Joe
Great_Ump

(who has only been to BGE twice in his life)

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/22/08 12:47:40 PM

> Look at it this way. You can't be a gangbanger and a playa
> without going to the ghetto.

LOX5X!!!!__I was raised in tha hood, so I guess that makes me a gangbanga, and a playa.__:)

Seriously, I've (and many on URC) been to both BGE, and KD; I throughly enjoyed both of them, including my trip to HRP, and Family Kingdom (enjoyed them too) which was before I hit VA on the same road trip.

BGE has a rep for bein' "untouchable" which I disagree with; It's a GREAT, SCENIC and VERY thrilling park, but it has some shortcomings like ev'ry park; Lack of thrilling flats is among one of them; Of course the coasters are great, even though I thought that AC was just OK.

KD is like a mix of the parks Carowinds, and KI; Volcano, Dominator(I'm not too wild about it), and FOF are the MUST DO coasters at KD; Grizzly was just mediocre IMO; The flat selection at KD is better than BGE's IMO. These are just my OPINIONS.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

-edit- *NM* by speed_of_fright speed_of_fright Profile at 10/22/08 4:20:37 PM
-edit-

* This post was modified at 4/7/14 6:48:51 PM *

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 10/22/08 4:52:37 PM

> It was somewhat a reference to how I keep hearing Kings
> Dominion is not being maintained properly. Someone even
> referred to it as ghetto.

Let's not go there again by calling certain parks "ghetto". I still have my battle scars from the last time someone referred to a park on this board as ghetto.

Don't be ignant. ;)

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 10/22/08 5:18:26 PM

To echo Joe, you can't judge a coaster until you have ridden it. How do you know it is not top-tier?

I can list tons of rides I didn't impress me from the ground, but totally blew my mind. Let's see...Gemini, Top Gun (KI), Viper (SFGAm), Texas Cyclone, Iron Wolf...and the list goes on.

I encourage you to try a new ride, give it a fair shot. If it isn't a terrific ride, who cares? It is still a good coaster that you can enjoy.

- Pat-O

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/22/08 5:46:49 PM

> Why do they think it is untouchable? (BGE)

Just listen to the way peeps talk about BGE like it's flawless; WDW, and ANYTHING Disney is also put into this "untouchable realm"; I know better though. I hope that I cleared things up a lil'.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by duxstar duxstar Profile at 10/22/08 7:09:59 PM

I know its wrong to judge a ride that you haven't rode, but I rarely see a post with Volcano in someone's top 10, or even regarded as the best inverted there is. I will probably go to KD next year anyway I'm just saying they didn't have an "it" ride to attract me there over Busch Gardens (Griffon was it, and a chance to re-ride what is my #4 coaster Apollo's Chariot again to see if its slipped since last time I rode). I just think the park need's an "it" ride one that attracts the eye's of the world like a B+M or Intamin hype, because as soon as adds a ride of that calibur it becomes a "point of focus" to try to get to the following year. Like now I am trying to plan a trip to PKI again, and to Canada's Wonderland for the first time.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by numbers_girl numbers_girl Profile at 10/23/08 11:08:53 AM

i have been to both kings dominion (though it was a long time ago) and busch gardens. i have to say, when my family and i do choose to go to a park down in VA, it is always Busch Gardens. That park is a timeless classic. i don't think there is anything wrong with re-riding your fav coasters in a good park. but man.. almost a hundred coasters? i am nowhere near that mark. guess i will have to get on it and ride more.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 10/20/09 5:58:30 PM

They are both great parks,but please don't under-estimate Kings Dominion! This Cedar Fair park probably ranks as my highest Cedar Fair park as far as thrilling coasters.Every coaster at the park is above average in my eyes.They might not have the best coaster in the world but they don't have any stinkers like most parks do.This park would probably have to rank high on the list as far as having one of the most solid coaster lineups in the country.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/20/09 6:13:15 PM

First, welcome back. Don't see you post much anymore. URC needs its young whippersnappers. (Where's Ethan, btw? He pops up occasionally, but used to be a real presence on here.)

> I guess this could just be a
> long winded post of me saying that Kings Dominion needs A
> "star" attraction along the lines of Diamondback,
> Apollo's Chariot, Behometh (a hyper/new coaster pretty
> much) to become competitive with Busch.

Ergo(look it up!)...Intimidator 305.

KD remains a favorite of mine, because, although Dominator..or Denominator to some...is the only "grabber," there's just a consistency to the other coasters. I'd consider NONE of them a bad ride (go ahead, Grizzly haters, feet first!) but none are true classics, either. I enjoy riding every coaster in the park. I can't say that about my favorite park, Cedar Point, or even my home park, SFGAdv.

Mike

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 10/20/09 6:50:31 PM

I enjoy riding every coaster in the park.
> I can't say that about my favorite park, Cedar Point, or
> even my home park, SFGAdv.

Can you say "Dark Knight?"

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/20/09 6:53:25 PM

> I enjoy riding every coaster in the park.
> I can't say that about my favorite park, Cedar Point, or
> even my home park, SFGAdv.

> Can you say "Dark Knight?"

I try not to.

Mike

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/20/09 8:07:53 PM

> > but man.. almost a hundred
> coasters? i am nowhere near that mark. guess i will have to
> get on it and ride more.

It's not all about the "numbers, girl!"

Mike

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/21/09 7:57:08 AM

> Can you say "Dark Knight?"

> I try not to.

> Mike

Continuing off topic...
I visited SFGAdv on Sept 26; hadn't been in three years.
Got to ride Dark Knight (Mouse in a box) twice.
I enjoyed it, which surprised me as I had heard and read comments like the above ever since it opened. I really was not expecting much, but after the first ride I wanted to ride it again, which I did later. Each time there was no wait, which I know enhanced my enjoyment as I do agree that a long line would put me off, as is the case with all "meeces" out there. For the second ride, I wish I could have bypassed the pre-show...just like any ride with a pre-show (Rockin' Roller coaster), I don't need nor want to see it every time.

Anyway, Dark Knight was a pleasant surprise. It seemed quite quick during the switchbacks, which of course that sense of speed can be attributed to being indoors and coursing past...things. My experienced companions said all effects were working, too.

Mike B.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/21/09 9:12:51 AM

> Can you say "Dark Knight?"

> I try not to.

> Mike

> Continuing off topic...

Not really. Still about coasters, anyway!

> I visited SFGAdv on Sept 26; hadn't been in three years.
> Got to ride Dark Knight (Mouse in a box) twice.
> I enjoyed it, which surprised me as I had heard and read
> comments like the above ever since it opened. I really was
> not expecting much, but after the first ride I wanted to
> ride it again, which I did later. Each time there was no
> wait, which I know enhanced my enjoyment as I do agree that
> a long line would put me off, as is the case with all
> "meeces" out there.

If people didn't have differing opinions, we wouldn't be human. I'm glad ONE of the Mikes on the board enjoyed it.

For the second ride, I wish I
> could have bypassed the pre-show...just like any ride with
> a pre-show (Rockin' Roller coaster), I don't need nor want
> to see it every time.

Whole Lotta Love is my second or third favorite Zeppelin tune, although I'm not a fan of the band. Last year, I got a dozen rides on Zep at HRP (R.I.P.) Sitting (literally, at times) through the pre-boarding video each time became rather tedious, then, of course, I heard a chunk of the song on each ride. Still like the song, though, and any time I hear it, I'm transported back to Myrtle Beach.

Mike G.

>>

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/21/09 9:22:51 AM

KD, I will say is great in terms of all of their roller coasters I've rode at least once and there's certainly no shortage of things to do there. I do wish some of the rides were longer though like Shockwave.
SFGAdv, overall is the same, I can spend a whole day at the park and ride nearly every coaster there.
BGE, great park, they have great quality coasters, but I guess the main fault is not having enough of them. This is where I can understand why there are some people that disses BGE because of the lack of coasters for the park admission.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/21/09 8:52:00 PM

Lol, ride I-305 and be part of the "mile long" club. :D

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 6/9/10 11:36:17 AM

Almost 100 unique coasters? That's impressive. I tried to sit down and count mine up recently, and came out around 50...of course, I've only been to 3 or 4 parks (and was too young to ride coasters last time I went to Busch Gardens...yes it was that long ago)...but I'd warn you not to write off Kings Dominion. They have a GREAT selection of roller coasters, with nary a dud in the bunch (except maybe Hurler). Besides Millenium Force, Volcano is my favorite roller coaster. Awesome park (who cares about cleanliness if there's not any exciting rides?) That last bit may have been unfair, me not having been to Busch Gardens in the last 15-20 years and whatnot...but I am going to both KD and BG at the end of the month, and would happily post my impressions then...

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by saginawhxc saginawhxc Profile at 6/9/10 1:58:53 PM

This year alone I have visited 9 new parks I have never visited before. As a result I have found myself re-defining what I like and what I love about both roller coasters and amusement parks. As a result I have found myself liking certain rides and parks more, and I have ended up questioning myself on whether I actually even like some rides and parks that used to be my favorites.

I guess I'm trying to say that you may know what you like now, but the more you ride the more you will start to further define just what it is you enjoy about a ride and/or park. In the end you will find a deeper admiration and love for them.

Go to the new park. BGE is great, but make the visit to KD at least once, and then if you want to choose BGE over KD you can do so knowing that at least you have experienced the other park.

Just remember, it's not about "the count", it's about sampling a larger variety to come to a deeper appreciation and understanding. The number means nothing.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/9/10 2:39:06 PM

> This year alone I have visited 9 new parks I have never
> visited before. As a result I have found myself re-defining
> what I like and what I love about both roller coasters and
> amusement parks. As a result I have found myself liking
> certain rides and parks more, and I have ended up
> questioning myself on whether I actually even like some
> rides and parks that used to be my favorites.

> I guess I'm trying to say that you may know what you like
> now, but the more you ride the more you will start to
> further define just what it is you enjoy about a ride
> and/or park. In the end you will find a deeper admiration
> and love for them.

> Go to the new park. BGE is great, but make the visit to KD
> at least once, and then if you want to choose BGE over KD
> you can do so knowing that at least you have experienced
> the other park.

> Just remember, it's not about "the count", it's
> about sampling a larger variety to come to a deeper
> appreciation and understanding. The number means nothing.

Very eloquently stated, Brandon. I do keep track of my number, but these rides are supposed to be fun. We can argue until we're blue in the face about which is better, Toro or Voyage, I-305 or Millennium Force. As much as I hate to use what I consider an annoying expression...AT THE END OF THE DAY, it's about one's personal experience and what one likes. That's one of the reasons I don't get much into the technical stuff. I wanna go to parks, I wanna ride coasters, I wanna have fun, and I don't wanna think too much while I'm doing those things.

I hope that newcomer to whom you responded DOES, in fact, post his/her thoughts about the parks to be visited later this month. I'll be hitting two new-to-me parks in about three weeks, and URC can be assured of getting my thoughts...whether you want 'em or not..:)

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/9/10 5:36:30 PM

> As much as I hate to use what I consider an annoying expression...
> AT THE END OF THE DAY, it's about one's personal experience ...

Maybe we can start a new trend where people maybe say something like "when all is said and done" instead.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/9/10 6:14:04 PM

> Maybe we can start a new trend where people maybe say
> something like "when all is said and done"
> instead.

LOL
How about "when I'm dead and gone?"
As in it won't matter to anyone what I liked nor will it matter to me what anyone else liked!

Mike B. (way closer to death than birth)

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/9/10 8:37:05 PM

>
> Maybe we can start a new trend where people maybe say
> something like "when all is said and done"
> instead.

When my favorite performer, Warren Zevon, was dying (and knew he only had a few months left) he recorded a song called "Keep Me In Your Heart." Beautiful song..I played it at my Mom's funeral. There's a line in it: "There's a train leaving nightly called "when all is said and done." Considering how often most of us here leave on trains, I thought this lyric was apropos.

Rob, all goes right, I'll be at KI two weeks from tomorrow and Friday. Hope to get a chance to say Howdy if yer drawin' a paycheck either of those days. 'Course, I've gotta beat this eye infection first...

Mike

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/9/10 8:45:24 PM

When the ____ hits the fan and a coaster gets a lil' rough, think to yourself on how grateful you should be, instead of complaining; Take one step at a time, and happily enjoy one coaster at a time. LMAO.

Re: Mike by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/9/10 9:49:19 PM

I'll be working all day Thursday in sales and have Friday off. If the weather is good I may be in the waterpark Friday morning. Is your number still 0634?

Re: Mike by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/10/10 5:46:03 AM

> I'll be working all day Thursday in sales and have Friday
> off. If the weather is good I may be in the waterpark
> Friday morning. Is your number still 0634?

No. Give me your e-mail or shoot me one and I'll update it for you so we can touch base.

sonbeast1964@yahoo.com

Mike

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by AirBear AirBear Profile at 6/10/10 12:09:15 PM

> How about "when I'm dead and gone?"
> As in it won't matter to anyone what I liked nor will it
> matter to me what anyone else liked!

> Mike B. (way closer to death than birth)

I still prefer the Pink Floyd lyric:

"Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death"

Rick W - AirBear (there is no dark side of the moon really - matter of fact it's all dark)

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by laurenabc at 6/10/10 12:31:27 PM

I have been to both parks multiple times. The best roller coaster at Kings Dominion is Volcano and I dont think its that good at all. Busch Gardens was, in my opinion, better (when it came to roller coasters). Honestley though, of the parks i have been to, i would probably chose not to go to either of them. The best amusement park i have been to so far is Six Flags Magic Mountain. I am going to six flags Great Adventure tomorrow, i have heard its better than magic mountain so we will see. Busch gardens over kings dominion anyday though!

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/10/10 12:59:56 PM

> "Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death"

> Rick W - AirBear (there is no dark side of the moon really
> - matter of fact it's all dark)

Ah, yes "Time" which marches on seemingly faster 'n faster.

LOL Wish I had as much breath in me as when that album came out (1973).
I remember breathing rather heavily listening to it while at the same ti...oh, never mind!

Mike B.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/10/10 1:13:31 PM

> I am going to six flags
> Great Adventure tomorrow,

Ride my BULL for me. I know he misses me..he hasn't seen me since we shared 90 pleasure trips on Easter Sunday!

Hope you have a great day at my home park and that it's not TOO crowded for what apparently is your initial visit.

Welcome to URC, by the way..

Mike

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/10/10 6:16:48 PM

> I have been to both parks multiple times. The best roller
> coaster at Kings Dominion is Volcano and I dont think its
> that good at all. Busch Gardens was, in my opinion, better
> (when it came to roller coasters).

There's alotta people out there that will agree with you concerning BGE > KD. Although, I must say, IMO BGE has taken a major loss with the demise of Big Bad Wolf(probably my favorite family coaster) and KD kinda evened things up a lil' with it's addition of Intimidator 305(which I haven't ridden yet, and unfortunately they recently trimmed the hell outta it).

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by AirBear AirBear Profile at 6/11/10 12:07:03 AM

> Ah, yes "Time" which marches on seemingly faster
> 'n faster.

> LOL Wish I had as much breath in me as when that album came
> out (1973).
> I remember breathing rather heavily listening to it while
> at the same ti...oh, never mind!

> Mike B.

Dark Side of the Moon is still one of my all-time favorite albums (and of course, I still have my vinyl as well as CD). Even better was seeing Pink Floyd perform it live back in the mid-70's at the Cow Palace. We spent all day in line so we could get a good spot on the floor in front of the stage. We were more than ready for the great show they put on!

Rick W - AirBear (with another favorite lyric that may be appropriate - "the lunatic is on the grass")

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/11/10 5:25:30 PM

> I have been to both parks multiple times. The best roller
> coaster at Kings Dominion is Volcano and I dont think its
> that good at all. Busch Gardens was, in my opinion, better
> (when it came to roller coasters).

> There's alotta people out there that will agree with you
> concerning BGE > KD. Although, I must say, IMO BGE has
> taken a major loss with the demise of Big Bad Wolf(probably
> my favorite family coaster) and KD kinda evened things up a
> lil' with it's addition of Intimidator 305(which I haven't
> ridden yet, and unfortunately they recently trimmed the
> hell outta it).
>
You summed it up perfectly. This year I made my choice to go to KD over BGE because of I-305, which I still liked for the most part despite the trims [still hate the otsr + neck choppers though] and the demise of BBW at BGE.

Also KD beats BGE in terms of rides especially the flat rides. There's just more to do there. I was still at KD till closing time for a total of nearly 12 hrs.

Don't get me wrong, I love BGE, but last year I've pretty much finished everything off by half the day with at least 10+ rides on the B&M coasters. It also helped that I could go back to that park often during the weekdays unlike this year since I went 1 week too early and the park opened only on weekends. There's just so many times I can ride the same things over and over. They simply need to add more rides there and I'm still hoping they build a coaster on BBW's site.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/11/10 7:40:53 PM

What happened to that I-305 "strap restraint" rumor? I guess that it was all just hot air.

Re: Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/11/10 10:06:10 PM

If you're asking me, I haven't a clue. I was there on the 28th last month.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.