Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Cedar Point VIP PASS

Cedar Point VIP PASS

yomamali yomamali Profile

Posted:
4/28/08 at
1:46:02 PM

Hi everybody... newbie here. I plan on going to the Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, OH in early June.

I plan on riding most if not all the roller coasters in the park. My friends and I plan on hitting the park either Monday (06/09) or Tuesday (06/10) (or both dates).

1) Do you think we can hit all the coasters in one day with the VIP PASS? Or would you recommend hitting the park over two days. Any comments regarding the VIP PASS is greatly appreciated.

2) Will the park be crowded during these dates (since most schools will still be in session, I am bankin' no)?

thank you...

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by Katie Katie Profile at 4/28/08 1:55:39 PM

Not sure about the VIP pass, however, most schools are just getting out either the week before or the week of. I know our last day here in Youngstown is June 6th.

Monday or Tuesday shouldn't be as bad though.

I would consider doing two days at the park. Cedar Point has a policy now where they will shut down all rides and coasters even if there is a threat to rain and will only run one train for a certain amount of time afterwards (this is what I have heard from many people that visited over the last summer).

If the VIP pass is really expensive and you don't want to spend that kind of money I would suggest two days, but if money isn't an option VIP all the way baby!

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 4/28/08 4:26:52 PM

You do realize that the Cedar Point VIP Tour costs $400 per person with a minimum of 2 guests and maximum of 8?

The tour lasts for 8 hours and includes front-of-the-line ride access, so obviously you can ride all of the roller coasters in 8 hours. I think its possible to ride all of the roller coasters in one day without the VIP tour. However, I always prefer to visit Cedar Point for 2 to 3 days at a time.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/28/08 9:31:44 PM

I agree with the other replies. It's better to plan on at least two days at CP and you should be able to ride everything. Last year I made three trips to CP, for 2 or 3 days each and we got in several or even multiple rides on everything we wanted on each trip.

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by 1der at 4/30/08 11:00:13 PM

hi, I am the friend going with yo to Cedar Point. The last time I was there they had stamp booths set up during the day so you could get front of the line admission to 2 rides. We really didn't figure out what was going on until the middle of the day and ended up with stamps for coasters that were not even busy. Do they still do this? Are the booths set up near the coasters they represent? I don't remember. What would be the top choices of coasters to do this for? Do they give you a list of when these booths will be open when you enter?

Any suggestions for an attack plan for park would be appreciated. Which rides should we start with, etc... I am also thinking of staying at one of their hotels to get an hour early admission. Right now I am considering starlight admission for Sunday (5-10 PM) and then a full day Monday. I think a gold pass is out of consideration now because I would have to pay for 2.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by Mikey_Mad Mikey_Mad Profile at 5/1/08 1:23:24 AM

I have never used a fast pass (which greatfully CP does not have) or had a VIP tour. I also have never been for two days in a row. I almost always ride all the coasters. Since it will be a school day plan on bus loads of kids on field day. You may wish to ride the Maverick early since it is a new ride it can have a 2 hour plus wait. Beware! It is a long hike to the back of the park where Maverick is. BTW, this will be my 41st year with Cedar Point so I have a bit of experience with it.

Mikey Mad

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by bankteller bankteller Profile at 5/1/08 3:16:32 PM

> The last
> time I was there they had stamp booths set up during the
> day so you could get front of the line admission to 2
> rides. Do they still do this?

They got rid of the stamp booths several years ago. Those stamps were a messy idea.

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by yomamali yomamali Profile at 5/2/08 8:58:33 AM

thanks everybody... yes the VIP is super-expensive, but I figured since I don't come around often (actually, I have never been to Cedar Point), it would be worth the investment. But now I'm bankin' 2 days without VIP pass should be sufficient.

Someone mentioned the 2-hour wait for Maverick... what other rides out there would we expect long waits? thanks

I think we are planning on the twilight entry and a full day PASS... which would mean 1 1/2 days. Are the coasters doable at this time?

Also, if we must skip a coaster due to time... which ones? thanks

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by RobLec RobLec Profile at 5/2/08 6:32:40 PM

Lines in early June probably will not be too bad, especially if you can come on a week day. Maverick will be a long wait because it is still the new coaster in the park. Wicked Twister is slow because of single train loading. Raptor, MF, and TTD will be 1/2 hour or more because they are the most popular rides, but are well worth the wait.

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by laz03 at 5/26/08 4:04:46 AM

I went VIP on a Saturday last year with 4 people and hit every big coaster at least 4 times, in total 34 rides in our 8 hours, and I loved it.

If you factor in the cost of an extra hotel night, rental car, costlier airfare during the week, disgust of lines, and the cost per ride (Ticket price / Number of rides ridden) the VIP pass is not that much more expensive. However, your body also has to be up for that sheer number of rides!

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by yomamali yomamali Profile at 6/11/08 12:15:24 AM

Thanks everybody for chiming in. I opted not for the VIP pass but instead bought the twilight entry for Sunday and a two day PASS.

IMHO... I think Maverick is the best ride and Millenium Force a close second. MaxAir gets my vote for best non-coaster ride in the park.

Top Thrill Dragster, while not as tall or fast as Kingda Ka, was a pleasant surprise. The drag-strip interpretation is soo much better than Kingda Ka's whatever interpretation ahaha...

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/11/08 9:10:23 AM

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for letting us know.

Re: Cedar Point VIP PASS by bankteller bankteller Profile at 6/12/08 2:15:39 PM

I bet you appreciated the lap bars on Top Thrill Dragster versus the over the shoulder restraints on Kingda Ka too.