Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Cedar Point Early Entry?

Cedar Point Early Entry?

lcarterh lcarterh Profile

Posted:
4/17/08 at
1:59:45 AM

I am a little confused.
I was reading a thread which said with a platinum pass you can get into CP an hour early.
I thought that was only a hotel guest perk.
That is how they advertise it to get you in the hotel.
I know this is true of wonderland and kings island for their passes as they dont have onsite hotels but I did not think it was true of the point.
Let me know,
L

Re: Cedar Point Early Entry? by Katie Katie Profile at 4/17/08 5:23:36 AM

All Cedar Fair platinum passes get you into any park (not waterpark) in the chain an hour early.

With the Point, because it is a resort, that is their draw to guests that don't have a pass.

Re: Cedar Point Early Entry? by Coasterfrk49 Coasterfrk49 Profile at 4/17/08 2:19:23 PM

> All Cedar Fair platinum passes get you into any park (not
> waterpark) in the chain an hour early.

Katie, are you for sure that this is true? The official Platinum Pass Benefits pdf guide does not list early entry as a perk at every park. Cedar Point for sure does offer 1 hour of early entry to platinum passholders for select rides every day. Canada's Wonderland, if I remember correctly, allows pass holders in an hour early for only one section of the park (which changes every week). I believe it is also only one section at Kings Island (but only for 30 minutes early). These are the only parks that I remember seeing mention of early entry for platinum pass holders.

Do you remember where you saw that specifically mentioned, Katie? I may be wrong, but I believe that the early entry is only at a few parks in the chain. If you remember where you heard or saw that mentioned, please share with us. That would be more good news for platinum passholders! I just don't think that it is true.

Stephen

Re: Cedar Point Early Entry? by Coaster3.16 at 4/17/08 2:36:18 PM

Here is a link to Kings Dominion's season pass page. Platinum Passmembers receive "first in line" privileges rather than the full-fledged early entry.

- Jeff

KD 2008 Platinum Benefits

Re: Cedar Point Early Entry? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/17/08 10:04:53 PM

I think maybe what she meant to say was the pass
allows early entry to any park that has early entry.

Re: Cedar Point Early Entry? by Coaster3.16 at 4/17/08 10:41:45 PM

Perhaps. For anyone else reading this and curious, here is a link back to the original discussion of benefits that should clear things up.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/cgi/forum1.cgi?read=192186

- Jeff

Re: Cedar Point Early Entry? by Katie Katie Profile at 4/18/08 5:23:17 AM

Thank you Rob, that is what I meant to say.