Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Would you ride this awesome flat ride?

Would you ride this awesome flat ride?

Katie Katie Profile

Posted:
4/6/08 at
12:14:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRvO6ZHqPH8&feature=related

Would any of you ride this??? LOL thanks to Chuck who posted this on CNA!!!

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by junebugg junebugg Profile at 4/6/08 1:11:14 PM

EEEEEEEEK

I wouldn't dare go near it!

I'd be so sick!

I got dizzy watching it! LOL

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 4/6/08 2:48:32 PM

I think I'd try it. I don't know if I'd like it, but I'd try it.

-Josh

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by morbiddaria morbiddaria Profile at 4/6/08 11:18:16 PM

Oh man,

That's my kind of ride!!! I got dizzy watching the video :)

I'd love to know some stats about it:

-How many inversions
-How many rotations
and my favorite
-how many have thrown up?

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/7/08 12:22:29 AM

Yes, but only if there was better dance music playing.

Joe
Great_Ump

(although he doesn't miss his raver days, does miss good dance music)

Joe's Blog

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 4/7/08 3:21:08 AM

How do I get a job as the DJ?

Ooooh....cool! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 4/7/08 7:32:52 AM

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRvO6ZHqPH8&feature=related
> Would any of you ride this??? LOL thanks to Chuck who
> posted this on CNA!!!

I'd ride it.

What a way to improve Tomb Raider, lol!

~MommaBeast

Re: Ooooh....cool! by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 4/7/08 10:47:13 AM

Heck yeah.

- Pat-O

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by alpengeistno3 at 4/7/08 2:09:03 PM

Holy bleep!!!! Now if that is not a spin and puker, I don't know what is. Any US installations of that? LOL

Paul

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Katie Katie Profile at 4/7/08 2:26:40 PM

No there are no US installations. Which sucks!!!

I believe it is a Moser Stargate.

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by MMountainMan MMountainMan Profile at 4/7/08 4:07:27 PM

After seeing some youtube video on themeparkreview forum posted about a carnival type flat ride having one of the pylons break out from under the carriage, I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 kilometer pole! lol.

- Gavin

Platinumcoasters

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Jim_S Jim_S Profile at 4/7/08 6:08:25 PM

When I saw this thread, I thought for sure it was going to be about the Flying Circus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1uSSl3tWM

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by coastermom coastermom Profile at 4/7/08 7:18:51 PM

WOW!!!!!! I'd totally get on that !!!!! That is amazing!!!
A SUPER ROUND-UP!!! I'm drooling!!!

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 4/8/08 7:34:50 AM

> When I saw this thread, I thought for sure it was going to
> be about the Flying Circus:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1uSSl3tWM

I'd ride that one, too!

Awesome flats!!!

~MommaBeast

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Cal at 4/8/08 8:45:41 AM

Heh I've ridden Stargate a few times. The first time I rode they had to mop some vomit off the plaform before they ran it, lol. There's two of these in the UK - Stargate is the stand-up one and Megaspin is the sit-down version. I find them fine if you hit them early on. If you ride a lot of the other fair rides first then you're heading for trouble. Nausea is cumulative, for me at least.

It isn't a Moser ride. It and Megaspin were built by a British company, ARM.

There is, however, a Soriani and Moser ride called Stargate in Germany. It is a S&M Top Star Tour (there is one of these in Florida I believe). They are similar but more like a Move It 32 - however, they seat 40. Unlike the ARM rides (model name is Twin Spin) these are suspended, and also have a revolving base.
Here is one in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfLBKTyG_YU
I have ridden this particular one (I also rode Stargate at Oktoberfest) and they love to run it for really long cycles. It's good fun but not for the faint hearted.

Flying Circus is a proper puke machine and be warned - if you go to a German fair that isn't very busy (due to weather or whatever) then they can run them for a loooong time. First time on Flying Circus I was on it for something like 10 minutes, and this after doing Air Wolf (a really great Mondial Inferno), a Polyp ride, and Take Off. I spent the entire ride holding in vomit. It was not fun.

I was dragged on it again nearly a year later at Oktoberfest, which is a much busier fair. The cycle was 2-3 minutes and quite manageable. It looks amazing, but as a ride, it's definitely one to treat with caution. :)

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/9/08 1:04:34 PM

Here's the onride footage of Flying Circus... I felt nauseas just watching it... Cal might want to watch this. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgFqv8rXQNY&feature=related

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by JWG3 JWG3 Profile at 4/9/08 3:46:34 PM

yeah... that's the one (Megaspin) I was talking about in this thread... crazy stuff. Also following additional video links in the various YouTube links posted above, there were some other insane-looking flats.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/cgi/forum1.cgi?read=183700

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 4/9/08 8:37:37 PM

I agree with Junebugg--EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Even the videos were too long!

Was that Flying Circus von Barth or von Barf?

Roz

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Cal at 4/10/08 7:05:28 AM

And I can confirm that it *is* as bad as it looks. :)

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/10/08 9:06:28 AM

Would I ride Stargate? Heck yeah! I already like the flatride Estasy, so so I think that I'll like it.

Hey Cal, I don't believe that they're any of these ride types in FL. I can only wish. I can't think of anything like Top Star Tour, or Stargate in the U.S.

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/10/08 3:33:00 PM

> > Would any of you ride this???

In a heartbeat, Katie...in a heartbeat.

The one thing that surprised me was how long the ride cycle was. I'm sure it would be more palatable to the bean counters in the American amusement ride industry with about 30 seconds cut out of the time..a notion that may also make the tummies of potential riders feel a little better about hopping on the darn thing.

Mike

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by junebugg junebugg Profile at 4/10/08 6:12:36 PM

If I'm gonna ride anything called "STARGATE" then its gonna have to transport me trillions of miles across the universe and back!

Not spin my guts into oblivion!

That ride in the video looks like it will cause rectal and uterus prolapse!

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Cal at 4/15/08 9:04:40 AM

Overbanked - yeah I got the impression from this site: http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/topstartoursm.html
Most of the photos are taken of a Top Star Tour at a Florida fair in 2003, so there is one in the US somewhere (though I guess it's touring). My advice is if you see it, ride it - just make sure you're not full of beer and candy floss first. :D

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 4/15/08 3:50:54 PM

Finally got a chance to see the videos. My kids freaked over both rides, but I'd hop on them in a second. I've no idea how well I'd hold up as far as rerides go, but I'd absolutely get at least one round on each if I had the opportunity.

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Cal at 4/17/08 11:21:46 AM

I will try anything once. If I don't like it then I won't ride it again, simple as that (well, not unless cajoled into it - some folks got me back onto Flying Circus at Oktoberfest 9 months after my horrible experience at Hamburg Winterdom - thing is that Oktoberfest is much busier so the ride cycle was about a quarter of what it had been before, and I was fine. Long cycles can be deadly on most rides, to be honest!)

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by kingofthecoasters at 4/20/08 12:56:11 AM

Heck yeah that looks so fun but it needs better music cause the music that was playing killed the whole experince 4 me.

Re: Would you ride this awesome flat ride? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/20/08 3:09:03 AM

Cal, my bad. I didn't know that Top Star Tour was at the FL State Fair. It seems like alot of the more thrilling flats are at fairs.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.