Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Busch Gardens Georgia

Busch Gardens Georgia

kraken101

Posted:
11/25/07 at
2:16:17 PM

Does anybody think that this park will actually be built?

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by Katie Katie Profile at 11/25/07 2:54:49 PM

What are you talking about?

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by Ethan Ethan Profile at 11/25/07 4:33:27 PM

Kraken,

It seems you are staring fairly random posts that have short questions with little explanations. I've never heard of plans for the park, but I was intrigued by the title of the thread. Google it, and if you don't find anything, ask a question. But make sure we know where you're coming from.

If someone or some source said they might be building a Busch Gardens Georgia, then maybe we could help you with this or understand what you're saying at least. It seems you have a similar situation with another thread.

-Ethan-

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 11/25/07 4:38:22 PM

I've heard no rumors of any new parks being built in Georgia, let alone a Busch Gardens park. Nor have I been able to find anythign on the net about one.

So I'd say short answer would be no, there won't be a Busch Gardens in GA. Not without them first havign to buy land (which would be heard about), filing for permits and making public presentations for those (which you bet would be heard about), contracting out for the rides adn other work (again, people would hear something), etc. None of that has happened, so no park.

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by junebugg junebugg Profile at 11/25/07 5:14:03 PM

It was slightly mentioned on this forum

http://www.city-data.com/forum/georgia/126876-looking-info-about-cartersville-ga.html

Looks like a bunch of BS to me!

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by RobLec RobLec Profile at 11/25/07 5:34:32 PM

I recall the subject came up here once before a few years ago.
Following Junebugg's link mentions Cartersville and that sounds
familiar. Someone familiar with URC's search may want to look
it up. Or maybe not.

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by KPBook04 KPBook04 Profile at 11/25/07 10:28:10 PM

I remember hearing rumors of a Busch Gardens for the Atlanta area as far back as the late 80s. It's 'possible' that they may have looked into it at one time, but, from what I remember, the land that Anheuser-Busch may have been purchasing in that area then was strictly for a new brewery.

Just for the record, there were two existing Busch Gardens parks in the early to mid-70s that operated for a while, then permanantly closed. One was in Van Nuys, CA, the other in Houston, TX. The Van Nuys BG had a flume ride and a monorail that actually went through the brewery to give a glimpse of the beer making process.

Re: Busch Gardens Georgia by parkbookman parkbookman Profile at 11/26/07 12:36:51 PM

I remember back in the 1990s, when Anheuser Busch announced plans to build their Cartersville, GA, brewery rumors began circulating that it would include a theme park. There was never any plans or intent announced by Busch, it was largely wishful thinking and speculation by locals.

I also recall that the Atlanta media speculated at the time that the brewery was a precursor to Anheuser Busch moving their headquarters from St. Louis to Atlanta. Talk about wild speculation!