Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > El Loco to Indiana Beach?

El Loco to Indiana Beach?

cjeagle35

Posted:
11/16/07 at
4:10:44 PM

Coming from Indiana Beach's Blog....

http://www.indianabeach.com/blog/

October 20, 2007 - “… one crazy crow…”
October 23, 2007 - “… a real steal…”
October 24, 2007 - “… you’re all head over heels…”
October 25, 2007 - “… Something Special…”
October 26, 2007 - “… Nothing quite like a Fall in Indiana…"

From Screamscape...

(11/16/07) Continued
A visit to IAAPA isn’t complete without spending some time at S&S to see Stan’s latest creations and this year was no exception. First off is a new little creation they are calling El Loco, which looks like they merged the old S&S Screamin’ Squirrel coaster concept with a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter. S&S did confirm that we will see the first one at a US park in 2008.

A real steal? Nothing quite like a fall? Looks to me that might match the El Loco model debuted at IAAPA. Could it be that Indiana Beach might be the first park to recieve an S&S El Loco?

If I was a betting man, it'd put my money on a new coaster installation for Indiana Beach in 2008.

Re: El Loco to Indiana Beach? by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 11/16/07 5:30:03 PM

If it is indeed that. It's a much smaller but probably more action packed version of a Flying Dutchman.

Chuck

Re: El Loco to Indiana Beach? by Coasterfrk49 Coasterfrk49 Profile at 11/17/07 12:40:19 AM

After reading the blog, I was thinking of the same possibility of an El Loco coaster coming to Indiana Beach. The picture posted on the blog really got me thinking about it. It is supposed to have been taken with those involved with the 2008 project. Does anyone know if Stan Checketts of S & S is one of the people in the picture? The gentleman in the middle of the front row I think resembles a picture I saw of Mr. Checketts.

Re: El Loco to Indiana Beach? by CarolH at 11/17/07 10:08:14 AM

> After reading the blog, I was thinking of the same
> possibility of an El Loco coaster coming to Indiana Beach.
> The picture posted on the blog really got me thinking about
> it. It is supposed to have been taken with those involved
> with the 2008 project. Does anyone know if Stan Checketts
> of S & S is one of the people in the picture? The
> gentleman in the middle of the front row I think resembles
> a picture I saw of Mr. Checketts.

The gentleman in the middle of the front row is IB's own Tom Spackman Jr

Here's the run down of the people in the photo
Front row: Bill Robinson, Tom Spackman Jr, Ginny Davis, Ruth Davis

Back Row: Jim Davis, Andrew Davis, John Robinson, TJ Davis

Tom Jr & Ruth Davis are grandchildren of IB's founder Earl Spackman. Jim is Ruth'd husband and Ginny, Andy & TJ are Jim & Ruth's children. Bill Robinson and his son John do marketing & pr for IB.

Carol

* This Post Has Been Modified *