Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World?

What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World?

fonzbear2000

Posted:
10/2/07 at
11:13:19 PM

And how much did it cost to build? I searched google for this and couldn't find anything! Thanks much for any info on this!

Re: What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/2/07 11:16:46 PM

I might be going out on a limb, but I believe the most expensive coaster is Steel Dragon 2000.

Re: What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World? by junebugg junebugg Profile at 10/2/07 11:22:00 PM

> And how much did it cost to build? I searched google for
> this and couldn't find anything! Thanks much for any info
> on this!

Hard to say.

For an actual coaster without theming it would probably be Steel Dragon 2000 in Japan. That ride cost $50,000,000 USD due to the height and length of the track. It was also built to withstand earthquakes as well. So that drove up the price.

For a themed coaster, Expedition Everest cost $100 million. But most of that went into the actual theming and not the coaster itself. And I'm not sure if this is even the most expensive themed coaster but at $100 million it would be hard to beat.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 10/3/07 1:08:15 AM

If Expedition Everest doesn't count because of themeing then neither does Steel Dragon.

The ridiculous building codes in Japan drove up the cost of that roller coaster. There needs to be an evacuation walkway running the entire length of the track on roller coasters built in Japan.

Imagine if they would donate all that wasted money to charity.

Re: What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World? by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 10/3/07 11:15:23 AM

Space Mountain at DLP cost 100 millions US as well.

Re: What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World? by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/3/07 6:22:09 PM

> Imagine if they would donate all that wasted money to
> charity.

Really?

Although I think they go a bit over the top, I think it is great how prepared the Japanese are for some natural disasters and such. Its better than codes that leave people stuck somewhere or in chaos.

But on subject, I had no idea that those rides cost so much.

Oh, since you mentioned American currency, it doesn't matter that Behemoth costs in Canadian, because it's more now.

-Ethan-

Re: What Is The Most Expensive Roller Coaster In The World? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/3/07 7:57:38 PM

> Imagine if they would donate all that wasted money to
> charity.

> Really?

> Although I think they go a bit over the top

I hafta agree with Ethan on this one. This is an age old type of agrument; Is it a waste for a city to blow a million dollars of fireworks on the 4th of July, instead of feeding the homeless? Certain monies are allotted for specific things; Everything can't go to charity, homeless, etc. That being said, would I wanna build a coaster on a seismic area like Japan? No way.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

A slight variation on this topic: Most expensive to ride? by AL_W_ at 10/3/07 10:46:43 PM

Has to be the CI Cyclone... unless you live in Brooklyn. The highway tolls, bridge tolls (in and out of the area), parking and the ride itself can cost as much as a day at some parks! And that's just for one coaster!

But it's worth it!

Best regards,
Al W.

Re: A slight variation on this topic: Most expensive to ride by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 10/4/07 8:34:31 AM

I don't know Al. Some of those coasters in Vegas will give it a run for the money when it comes to cost per ride. I can't believe what they charge to ride some of things there!

Re: A slight variation on this topic: Most expensive to ride by CoAsTeRDaN at 10/4/07 11:42:53 PM

> Has to be the CI Cyclone... unless you live in Brooklyn.
> The highway tolls, bridge tolls (in and out of the area),
> parking and the ride itself can cost as much as a day at
> some parks! And that's just for one coaster!

> But it's worth it!

> Best regards,
> Al W.

Worth it? Now that is certainly a matter of opinion... User Submitted Picture

CoAsTeRDaN's PaRk

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.