Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > URC Draft!

URC Draft!

Ethan Ethan Profile

Posted:
7/28/07 at
2:53:27 PM

Alright,

So if you remember a while back I talked about a fantasy amusement park thing that would've been pretty fun. But since I have nothing better to do, I've decided to make a draft. I have used this method based on what I have seen on another forum (a Cavs forum my friend frequents(if you remember, the one who can't ride coasters until he's 18)). It is pretty simple. Anyone who wants to sign up, maybe a ten person limit for a league, signs up and gives their team (in this case, a park) a name. We'll draft coasters according to a category for each round in the order of who signed up. For fairness, as in any draft, whoever goes first in the first round, goes last in the second. The order of drafting will just reverese every round. When we are done, we can discuss and vote on who's park is the best based on their choices.

First comes first serve (in the first round at least). So the first ten can sign up and we can either do this over and over with new categories or specifics, or we can say "that was a waste, let's do something else".

So sign up if you care and let's get this going.

1. -Ethan- (haven't thought of a name yet)

BTW, if anyone can't think of a name yet or wants to change it, go ahead, nothing is set in stone so it doesn't matter.

Have fun with it, any coaster in existence (I guess we can go with retired ones as well although that probably wouldn't help in most categories).

I'll choose the subject (as in classic woodie or modern coaster or looping etc.) for each round giving us a wide variety in each park.

-Ethan-

User Submitted Picture

Burnstien Productions: My Brother's Website!

Re: URC Draft! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/12/07 2:49:59 PM

Well,

I guess no one's interested. If either you didn't feel like it then or you just haven't gotten around to saying anything yet, go ahead now. But I'm guessing I'll just forget it cause no one cares. No big deal, maybe I'll try somewhere else, but I doubt it.

-Ethan-

Re: URC Draft! by cjeagle35 at 8/12/07 2:55:26 PM

I'd be interested Ethan. It sounds like a fun idea. I have seen something like this on another website but I didn't participate in it. I hope others on the forum will sign up too, because it seems like a fun idea. So sign me up!

2. CJEagle35

Re: URC Draft! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/12/07 3:57:49 PM

> I'd be interested Ethan. It sounds like a fun idea. I have
> seen something like this on another website but I didn't
> participate in it. I hope others on the forum will sign up
> too, because it seems like a fun idea. So sign me up!

> 2. CJEagle35

Woot Woot!

It just looked like plenty of people looked at it and no one was interested. But it seemed that as time went on, either people forgot about it or ignored since no new posts came up on it.

Thank you for signing up and taking part this time. My friend does this on his forum frequently, with music artists, sports, and a other stuff, so why not give this a whirl.

Now, maybe I'll have something to do on the computer instead of just checking my e-mail seven times a day... wow, I'm a loser. But that's alright I guess.

-Ethan-

Re: URC Draft! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/12/07 5:00:36 PM

> Now, maybe I'll have something to do on the computer
> instead of just checking my e-mail seven times a day...
> wow, I'm a loser. But that's alright I guess.

> -Ethan-

Only seven?

Mike

Re: URC Draft! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/12/07 7:32:22 PM

> Only seven?

Chances are in fact (at least on days when I have nothing going on), I was understating it. Today was one of those days.

> Mike

But Mike, are you gonna sign up? Plenty of spots open (unfortunately lol).

-Ethan-

Re: URC Draft! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/12/07 8:36:36 PM

> But Mike, are you gonna sign up? Plenty of spots open
> (unfortunately lol).

> -Ethan-

To be very honest with you, Ethan, and I think we all try to be honest on here..I don't understand it well enough to say I'd participate. Maybe as it gets rolling, if it does, I'll be able to pick it up and maybe join later..you know, like a mid-season kind of thing.

Mike

Re: URC Draft! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/12/07 9:07:17 PM

> To be very honest with you, Ethan, and I think we all try
> to be honest on here..I don't understand it well enough to
> say I'd participate. Maybe as it gets rolling, if it does,
> I'll be able to pick it up and maybe join later..you know,
> like a mid-season kind of thing.

Well,

Maybe I didn't explain it well then. It is pretty simple. Whe we have a designated few who are ready, we take turns picking a roller coaster to add to your list. These coasters will be what you claim to be in your park. Everyone picks a coaster from a gategory I'll choose, like stand-up, or hyper coaster, etc.. Then, we will continue going round and round til everyone has ten coasters. The order of picking rides will be determined by who signs up. The first person on teh list (myself), will choose first. In the second round, the order is reversed for fairness, so I will pick last. We switch the order back and forth until all rides have been chosen.

When finished making our parks from the draft, we can vote or at least discuss who has the best park or who has the best park when it comes to a certain aspect of ride etc..

If you understand it better now, you might as well join up and hope it gets rolling or otherwise ignore it. Either way, it's just a little game I think would be fun and hope we can try something a bit different around here.

If not, whatever.

BTW, nice trip report. Glad you had a good time.

-Ethan-

Re: URC Draft! by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 8/12/07 10:44:31 PM

All right, I'll do it. Sign me up. I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing, but tell me what to do, and I'll do it. I'm not completely sure if I'll be able to participate a whole heck of a lot because College starts this week (I move in on Thurs., and start classes on the next Mon.) I'll start spending my time with a job (ugh), bills (ugh, ugh), and, of course, essays/other classwork(UUUUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!). But, on the bright side, I HAVE TESTED OUT OF MATH FOR MY MAJOR (computer graphics)!!! No math for meeeeee!!!

BTW, Ethan, I'm with you on the whole NERD thing. I wasn't in Marching Band though (not available at first, and then got a NAZI director), but I was in concert/pep band. =)

-Josh

Re: URC Draft! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/12/07 10:51:50 PM

I'm in... Ethan, do you have to pick a certain coaster type, or waive it for something else? Example, I refuse a standup, can I get another woodie instead?

Tim.

Re: URC Draft! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/13/07 5:41:51 AM

If you'll be the one to keep track of it, if I don't need any more than the rudimentary computer skills I have, and you're willing to take a soon-to-be 43 year old "newbie" by the hand..then, go ahead and add my name to the list..looks like this baby makes five.

Mike

Re: URC Draft! by Fastfly48 Fastfly48 Profile at 8/13/07 7:01:14 AM

Hey Ethan

I'll admit, i didn't post my interest in this idea the first time i read it because no-one else had...but now the ice seems to be broken, so I'm in! haha

I like Tims idea too about being able to choose to have a different type of coaster than the type currently elected...building on that though...
Can't we just choose from ALL coasters every week? That way if we don't want a certain type of coaster...or would like more than one of one type of coaster we can. It'd make our parks more of our own, and make it more fun i think. It'd also take some weight off your shoulders. Just an idea though. Im in for anything though :)
Good initiative getting this going again though ethan
-Ry

Re: URC Draft! by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/13/07 7:54:59 AM

> To be very honest with you, Ethan, and I think we all try
> to be honest on here..I don't understand it well enough to
> say I'd participate. Maybe as it gets rolling, if it does,
> I'll be able to pick it up and maybe join later..you know,
> like a mid-season kind of thing.

Mike, it's like you have read my mind. I was a little scared to sign up because I thought that this thread was gonna go bust like this ill-fated one... www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/cgi/forum1.cgi?read=173111

Ethan given your reputation for producing good material, go ahead on and sign me up.

Re: URC Draft! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/13/07 8:44:46 AM

Friggin' Sweet!

An overnight rally. I was hesitant to make my "forget about it" post, but I was unsure if it would draw attention to itself or be ignored more.

>All right, I'll do it. Sign me up. I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing, but tell me what to do, and I'll do it. I'm not completely sure if I'll be able to participate a whole heck of a lot because College starts this week (I move in on Thurs., and start classes on the next Mon.) I'll start spending my time with a job (ugh), bills (ugh, ugh), and, of course, essays/other classwork(UUUUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!). But, on the bright side, I HAVE TESTED OUT OF MATH FOR MY MAJOR (computer graphics)!!! No math for meeeeee!!!<

Just track every day or two to make sure we don't wait too long for your draft.

>BTW, Ethan, I'm with you on the whole NERD thing. I wasn't in Marching Band though (not available at first, and then got a NAZI director), but I was in concert/pep band. =)<

What did you play? Doubt it was nerdier than oboe.

>-Josh<

Number 3.

>I'm in... Ethan, do you have to pick a certain coaster type, or waive it for something else? Example, I refuse a standup, can I get another woodie instead?<

We can discuss that if there is a better system.

>Tim.<

Numero 4.

>If you'll be the one to keep track of it, if I don't need any more than the rudimentary computer skills I have, and you're willing to take a soon-to-be 43 year old "newbie" by the hand..then, go ahead and add my name to the list..looks like this baby makes five.<

Just watch the order and who has made their pick for your turn to come up.

>Mike<

Number 5 it is.

>Hey Ethan<

Hello.

>I'll admit, i didn't post my interest in this idea the first time i read it because no-one else had...but now the ice seems to be broken, so I'm in! haha<

Yup.

>I like Tims idea too about being able to choose to have a different type of coaster than the type currently elected...building on that though...
Can't we just choose from ALL coasters every week? That way if we don't want a certain type of coaster...or would like more than one of one type of coaster we can. It'd make our parks more of our own, and make it more fun i think. It'd also take some weight off your shoulders. Just an idea though. Im in for anything though :)<

If everyone wants that instead