Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Astroworld Auction Day 2 - Sunday 1/8

Astroworld Auction Day 2 - Sunday 1/8

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
1/9/06 at
7:15:22 PM

Well, for those of yall who couldn't come on Sunday you didn't miss much. It was similar to a garage sale. There were many items that were on sale for 75%, but these were just left overs from souvenirs shops - little kids shirts, plastic toys, goofy hats, etc. There were very little Astroworld-specific items. These were mostly shot glasses, mugs, and post cards.

You will not believe the prices signs and memorabilia were going for in the auction - wooden bathroom signs and "Astroworld is not responsible for items left on the dock" signs went anywhere from $175 to $800. Signs that were on Cyclone's lift hill that read "Please do not stand up" went for $1350. I couldn't purchase a thing!

NEWS - XLR-8, Greez'd Lightnin', Viper, and Mayan Mindbender sold for around 8,000. Unbelievable! I can only assume that these were purchased my metal companies looking to make a profit from their scrap. Heck, if we had known they would go so cheap, we could have gathered some folks together and saved one. I know this sounds shady, but I heard this echoed by several folks.

I believe yall are right in saying that SFMM will recieve the Morgan trains and parts, and Cyclone will be scrapped.

- Pat-O

Re: Astroworld Auction Day 2 - Sunday 1/8 by Shaft_STL Shaft_STL Profile at 1/10/06 12:28:17 AM

> NEWS - XLR-8, Greez'd Lightnin', Viper, and Mayan
> Mindbender sold for around 8,000. Unbelievable! I can only
> assume that these were purchased my metal companies looking
> to make a profit from their scrap. Heck, if we had known
> they would go so cheap, we could have gathered some folks
> together and saved one. I know this sounds shady, but I
> heard this echoed by several folks.

$8,000 for each, or TOTAL!?!?! You'd think some little amusement park would have seen the value presented there. The cost of shipping and reconstruction can't be THAT high...or is it? It would be a complete shame to see a couple of Schwarzkopf's bite the dust.

Re: Astroworld Auction Day 2 - Sunday 1/8 by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 1/10/06 7:59:44 AM

I've heard that it was around $8000 for each. There were a couple of posts on 'buzz about it. From what I understand the prices on those did not meet their minium price, so the coasters were not actually sold. Hopefully that will mean that SF will reconsider the sale of at least some of those and they'll get moved to another park.

Thanks again for the update Pat. I'm still in shock over the prices of some of those signs. Wow.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.