Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What is the best Six Flags park?

What is the best Six Flags park?

JCxHC4life JCxHC4life Profile

Posted:
11/8/05 at
3:04:00 PM

In my opinion the best Six Flags park is Six Flags Over Texas. It has a lot of good rides, and some of the oldest roller coaster in Texas. The park is spread out (Unlike AstroWorld), so everything isn't in one area. Other than really good big coasters this park also has a good selection of kiddie rides, and family rides. I have only been one time, but I am hoping to go sometime this March when the 2006 season starts.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by The_New_Reverend at 11/9/05 12:45:43 AM

> In my opinion the best Six Flags park is Six Flags Over
> Texas. It has a lot of good rides, and some of the oldest
> roller coaster in Texas. The park is spread out (Unlike
> AstroWorld), so everything isn't in one area. Other than
> really good big coasters this park also has a good
> selection of kiddie rides, and family rides. I have only
> been one time, but I am hoping to go sometime this March
> when the 2006 season starts.

I haven't been to all of them, but I agree that SFOT is a pretty nice SF park. Maybe my fav. of the ones I've been to. TG has remained a pretty solid wood coaster for a SF park, too.

Some guy recently deceased encouraged my first and only trip to that park*

(*in memory of Steve U. - Missed by all)

-Rev

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Adriel Adriel Profile at 11/9/05 2:39:04 AM

I've only gone to Six Flags Magic Mountain which is-that time- is a very dirty park with unpleasant experience at Superman: Escape. They let other people to ride it once again so the queue time is twice longer than it should be! I hate SFMM. But I think SF Great Adventure is the best of them all. Great ride and one of them is a record-breaking coaster.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 11/9/05 6:26:12 AM

IMO, SFGAm is the best and not because my favorite steel coaster resides there. It has a good variety of coasters, I like the theming Marriott created for the park, and, to me, has a great overall atmosphere. Plus it doesn't feel like a Six Flags park in operations.

Second would be SFGAdv, followed by SFMW, SFDL, and SFMM last.

G-Dog

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 11/9/05 8:14:16 AM

It can be a tough question- especially since very few have been to all of the Six Flags parks. I haven't hit any in the New England area at all yet. So far I've been to around 9 or 10 (depending on how you count Geauga Lake, since it was SFWoA at the time). Of those, my favories have been Great America and SFoT. Great America though was heavily influenced by nostalgia since I grew up at Marriott's in California, and so much of the Chicago park keeps a lot of that theming and atmosphere intact.

Honestly, though, it's tough for me to think of a Six Flags park that I don't like. SFKK comes as close as any since there are so many areas that it needs to improve on. SFMM in some ways, but that's because I was at it so often that I could see all the areas neglected, and knew what it used to be compared to what it is. If I had only visited it a couple of times, my view of it may be quite different, and I do still love a lot about the park.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Winkie at 11/9/05 1:56:12 PM

You would have to have visited all the SF parks to give a reasonable answer. On paper, GADV looks like the best with a great selection of steel coasters (including a record breaker), and what appears to be a world class woodie coming on board. You also have HH adjacent to it and the Safari. I don't know if it's flat ride collection holds up to other parks, and in terms of theming, operations, services, food, etc., I don't know how it compares to other SF parks. GADV is my home park, and I've been to only 2 others..SFNE and SFMM.

KK POV video

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Masher at 11/11/05 11:20:50 AM

> You would have to have visited all the SF parks to give a
> reasonable answer.

I mildly disagree. One needs to have visited most of the flag-ship parks and a similar amount of lower tier. The poster also needs to be aware of the attractions, park operations and view over time of the Trip Reports.

With that said SFot is in a top-tier by itself, as is SFGAdv below that. My only hesitancy in the above is no visits to SFGam, and damn do I ever want to go there.

Marine World is not to be slighted either for the breadth of attractions and operations. Their employee pool is second only to SFoT.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by anmlmn0909 at 12/21/05 1:10:26 PM

I've seen a few posts from people bashing SF Magic Mountain and am here to let everybody who hasn't been there know that it's not nearly as bad as people make it sound. The fact of the matter is that when their new flying coaster "Tatsu" openes in the Spring of 2006, SFMM will have the finest assortment of roller coasters in the world! There isn't a coaster style that SFMM doesn't represent, and can even boast the only 4D coaster in the world "X", and is one of a few parks to offer a good standing coaster "Riddler's Revenge". Not to mention other E-Ticket coasters like Superman's Escape, Batman the Ride, Goliath, Viper, the list goes on and on! Sure the park is in a desert and it gets hot in the Summer, but it's beautiful in the Spring and Fall! Anybody who claims to love coasters has to visit SFMM!!!

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Coaster_Katrina at 12/22/05 5:12:57 PM

SFMM may have the biggest/best coaster line-up, but that's about ALL they have (and that's only in the looping department, as CP's collection of non-loopers is superior).

Of the (few) Six Flags parks i've been to, i'd have to say SFGam is the best, for so many reasons. I love how they manage to blend the new theme in with the old themes. The park has several modern thrilling coasters, including four beemers, though Demon and Whizzer still thrill riders after three decades. I was so happy to see Shockwave go a few years back instead of one of these two classics. This park is also reasonably clean and feels friendly, although I haven't been there since they removed Shockwave and changed around Orleans Place.

In second, SFDL. It's so different from any other Six Flags park. It's very rural and peaceful, as well as clean. The landscaping is very beautiful all over that park, though there is hardly any theming.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 12/22/05 11:48:48 PM

SFMM doesn't have the "finest" coaster collection anywhere. What about the wooden coasters? Reliable shuttles? BTR is still a clone. I visited SFMM once last june, got all the credits I could get (didn't do Gold Rusher, Colossus or the kiddies...) and I have no desire whatsoever to go back, except to ride Tatsu and then run as fast as I can out the place!

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by fhop fhop Profile at 1/3/06 11:48:33 PM

> SFMM doesn't have the "finest" coaster collection
> anywhere. What about the wooden coasters? Reliable
> shuttles? BTR is still a clone. I visited SFMM once last
> june, got all the credits I could get (didn't do Gold
> Rusher, Colossus or the kiddies...) and I have no desire
> whatsoever to go back, except to ride Tatsu and then run as
> fast as I can out the place!

>6FLAGS NEW ORLEANS MIGHT HAVE BEEN.... THE WOODEN COASTER STILL STANDS EVEN AFTER KATRINA AND FEMA!!!!!!

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Vinz at 1/10/06 9:11:26 PM

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!
I just went in La Ronde ! I know it's not the greatest, but it's on an island and well located !!! If you didn't go at La Ronde, just come to visit it (and Montreal too), this will allow to make more money to this park and after, he will probably build better rides

(also, can you write the name of the parks entirely, because, I know the name, but just with SFOT, or SFMM, it doesn't always say something to me )thanks

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by eddiem34 at 3/18/06 2:29:45 PM

> roller coaster in Texas.

Well, I've been 1 time their in '98 band rode TG about 75-100 times, I think. but I have never wanted to go back to that park. mainly because alot their rides seem rough not fun or at least it was then.

I live closer to SFOG and thinks it's better. but I don't do that park anymore not after I started going to CP in '01.
CP is the best of them all!!!!!
u can't beat CP!!!!

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 3/18/06 3:23:02 PM

> CP is the best of them all!!!!!
> u can't beat CP!!!!

Didn't realize that CP was a Six Flags Park. When did that happen?

By the way hate to burst your bubble but CP has been beaten.

Kevin
User Submitted Picture

PCW Junkies Ultimate PCW Guide

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by eddiem34 at 3/18/06 6:31:06 PM

> u can't beat CP!!!!

> Didn't realize that CP was a Six Flags Park. When did that
> happen?

> By the way hate to burst your bubble but CP has been
> beaten.

> Kevin
>
u're freakin crazy dude. nothing beats CP. and I didn't imply it was a six flags park u idiot.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by sparky sparky Profile at 3/18/06 7:02:34 PM

> u can't beat CP!!!!

> happen?

> beaten.

> Kevin
>
> u're freakin crazy dude. nothing beats CP. and I didn't
> imply it was a six flags park u idiot.

u b trippin yo ceder point iz kewl but da bestest park in teh houze is K-noebel-s. Da great squirrel chaze trane ride runz all ova anything at ceder pointy

Be a Pig

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by googleplex616 googleplex616 Profile at 3/19/06 1:12:01 PM

I bet that now with goliath, sfog will be up there as one of the best six flags parks. Goliath will be sfog's fourth B&M (superman ultimate flight, batman the ride, georgia scorcher, goliath). But of course the best park is probably Six Flags great adventure, and sfmm could be one of the best parks if the management wasn't so horrible because it has several great rides.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 3/19/06 9:56:41 PM

> u can't beat CP!!!!

> happen?

> beaten.

> Kevin
>
> u're freakin crazy dude. nothing beats CP. and I didn't
> imply it was a six flags park u idiot.

U dude... read the title of the thread it clear sezs which Six Flags Park. and um you dum ass intrejected with park Cedar Point. Yo u the idiot dudette. You aint knaw the diff between six Flags and Cedar Point. Whats type of CP fanboys are you? Bi...atch

Back to Reality. Grow up and learn how to talk.

Respectfully
Kevin Reid
User Submitted Picture

PCW Junkies Ultimate PCW Guide

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 3/20/06 1:28:22 AM

From the parks I've been to,

SFA
SFWoA
SFDL
SFGAdv

My vote goes to SFGAdv. Haven't been since 2003, have a lot to look forward to on my next trip.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by sparky sparky Profile at 3/20/06 7:51:48 AM

The two SF parks that seem to operate with the most consistancy are the two originals- SFoT and SFoG. Both have a "lived in", intimate atmosphere with a nice mix of attractions- both new and classic. While both parks lack flat rides, this has been seen to with SFoG getting a flat ride package in 2004 and SFoT getting a 10 ride package this year.

SFGAm is another solid operation, and probably the best of the "big 3". Between the ride park and new expansive waterpark, their guest capacity is incredible.

SFGAd and SFMM are both nice enough looking parks in great locations, but both lack consistant operations. Either can be great when they're run well.

-Mark

Be a Pig

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Raven_Rider at 3/20/06 8:31:11 AM

Here is my rankings of the SF parks that I have visited:

1. SFOG
2. SFGAM
3. SFOT
4. SFStL
5. SFAW (defunct)
6. Wyandot Lake
7. SFMM
8. SFA
9. SFKK

Have Fun

Paul Drabek

Negative-G

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 3/20/06 11:01:57 AM

> SFGAm is another solid operation, and probably the best of
> the "big 3".
> -Mark

Coming from you, Mark, that is good to know and reinforces what I've heard that about the "Chicago" park.
I intend to find out for myself in August, the Sunday - Monday after Indiana Beach's event.

Bet they don't have good chowdah, tho!
Fresh water clams...?! ;-)

Mike B.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by JGiff JGiff Profile at 3/20/06 8:35:17 PM

Out of the four I've been to, Tough call for 1st, So I'll call it a tie between SFoT & SFGAm. SFMM would be third & the now defunct SFWoA was definately last... (Probably didn't help we went there right after Cedar Point)

Can't wait to add 2 more Six Flags parks this summer (SFGad & SFA)

Jeff

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by goblind at 3/21/06 1:14:54 PM

been to almost every sf park here is how i would rank them
sfga not alway the cleanest but a very good mix of rides
sfwoa if it was still owned by sf not cp
sfdl clean fun park that you can camp at and also see top music acts

sfne best steel coaster good bbq and qbot that works
sfog best layout for sf and now with a hyper just getting better
sfmm great steel coasters needs to fix wood coasters
sfsa best family park great water park included also great shows
sfot very good wood
sfkk clean small park
sfge comet is worth trip

chris n

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by RlLrCoAsTerFrEak at 7/1/06 9:11:14 PM

> IMO, SFGAm is the best and not because my favorite steel
> coaster resides there. It has a good variety of coasters, I
> like the theming Marriott created for the park, and, to me,
> has a great overall atmosphere. Plus it doesn't feel like a
> Six Flags park in operations.

I agree that Six Flags Great America is definatly the best. It is home to some of the worlds greatest coasters and the first of their kind. Such as Batman: The Ride, the first coaster with the track above. And don't forget American Eagle, the oldest but still great. It was the tallest wooden coaster and is the second tallest still. There is a great varity of rides and probably the best roller coasters, old and new, wodden and steel.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Shaft_STL Shaft_STL Profile at 7/1/06 10:28:38 PM

> Such as Batman: The Ride, the first coaster with the track > above.

Wrong.

> And don't forget American Eagle, the oldest.

Wrong.

> (American Eagle) was the tallest wooden coaster and is the > second tallest still.

Wrong.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Coaster_Katrina at 7/1/06 11:40:11 PM

^^

Wrong about Batman....I guess I see what you might have meant, but still, XLR-8, Big Bad Wolf, Iron Dragon....yeah those all had track above the trains.

And American Eagle....where are you getting "second tallest" from? That's so wrong....I can't even imagine where you got that one from. It's only 127' tall....that's not even in the top ten tallest woodies.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Ethan Ethan Profile at 7/2/06 12:51:30 AM

The first suspended coaster was The Bat at PKI in 1981. Batman: The Ride was the first inverted if that was what you were trying to say. And American Eagle isn't the 2nd tallest. I don't know where it places is height, but it's seventh in drop, and the drop is longer than the height. That's all I know though. As for best Six Flags. I don't know. Probably because I haven't been to many amusement parks (including one Six Flags that is now Geauga Lake). But I'm not very old so I haven't gotten much of a chance to. If I were to guess from what I hear and have learned, probably SFGA or SFOT. I would say SFMM because of the number of coasters, but it sounds like a bad atmosphere overall. The rest of you would probably have much better opinions since some of you have been a lot of them.

Ethan

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by oscaryea1 at 6/20/08 3:34:19 PM

i think six flags great america is the best because it isnt so crowded like magic mountain and it has K.A RIDES

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by PiperIsMetal at 10/6/09 1:49:15 PM

Batman was the worlds first inverted roller coaster. I think he meant to say that the eagle is the oldest roller coaster at Great America (which whizzer actually is but it is the oldest wooden roller coaster at SFGA). Also, Eagle IS the fastest, longest, and largest drop of any wooden RACING coaster. So he partially right.

My vote is for SFGA.
Although I do have a large complaint about the whole Dejavu/Vertical Velocity electric thing.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/6/09 7:01:37 PM

Halloween is in the air! Old threads are coming back to life at a faster pace than the living dead in a George Romero zombie flick!

But, since this original thread started when, to me, URC was a random alphabet trio with no significance (I started on here at the end of that year, and never knew of its existence before that)..I might as well answer the question.

Each SF park I've been to has given me at least one or two enjoyable rides to remember fondly. But it's tough to call a park I've been to three times or less my favorite in the chain.

I've been to:

SF Great Adventure
SF New England
SF America
SF Kentucky Kingdom
SF Great America
SF Over Georgia

Among the rides I love at the latter five are Superman, Batwing, and Roar (SFAm); The Riverview Carousel and Monster Plantation (SFOG); Catapult and Cyclone (SFNE); Chang and the water park (SFKK) Nothing at Great America REALLY jumps out at me, but I only got one ride on each coaster on a not very enjoyable day.
I did enjoy the double-deck Carousel.

So that leaves SF Great Adventure. Many of my best park memories..heck, memories in GENERAL!.. arise from those grounds. I've been going there since 1974, the year it opened. It's the only park I'll just go to spur-of-the-moment, and I enjoy it more than I ever did when I was younger. Kingda Ka and El Toro have made it a "destination" park to a certain extent, which thickens crowds. I can take or leave KK, and my passion for El Toro is well documented. Love Nitro, Bizarro,Batman, and Superman:UF. Of course, they've got The Dark Knight to even things out. Ya gotta take the bad with the good..but I don't HAVE to ride it.

So yeah, it's easy for me to say that GAdv is my favorite Six Flags park..but far from my favorite park.

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by cellocoasterdude cellocoasterdude Profile at 10/7/09 8:12:04 AM

1. SFOT Great mix of rides & pretty park

2. SFGAm One of two big parks in midwestern US, even better ride selection than original

3. SFStL Only SF park with 2 (or 3?) great woodies, another gorgeous location

4. SFGAdv Two highly regarded coasters (Nitro & El Toro) in the same place, the only park we can get to when we visit family and friends in NYC

5. SFAW This former home park had the most unique collection of good coasters and thrill rides (SWAT), and the fastest flume I have ever ridden

Continuing the tradition of making URC posts last forever...

-Tim

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 10/7/09 5:22:52 PM

New England -- needs a fresh coat of paint

America -- needs a fresh coat of paint

Kentucky Kingdom -- desperately needs a fresh coat of paint

Great Adventure -- who cares about paint when they have this thing called "El Toro"

I guess I vote for Great Adventure.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 10/7/09 6:03:20 PM

SFOT, SFFT, SFGAM, SFGAD, SFOT, SFMW, SFWOA, SFStL, SFMM, SFNE, SFAW, SFDL, SFA, SFKK in about that order. Haven't been to the one in Denver. Did I forget any?

It's been years since I've been to some of them.
Roz

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/7/09 7:33:22 PM

> Some guy recently deceased encouraged my first and only
> trip to that park*

> (*in memory of Steve U. - Missed by all)

> -Rev

Hard to believe Steve's gone 4 years now. He died not long after my Mom. One of the coolest nights I ever had was when I met Steve at a Bayonne diner and we sat for five hours or so, picking at food, drinking (no alcohol) and shooting the (bleep)..about coasters, parks, and life in general. I'm glad to have met him and gone to his memorial service.

Mike

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by CoasterWoman CoasterWoman Profile at 10/24/09 1:40:36 AM

In my opinion, Magic Mountain is the best. It is the most extreme too. It's the only Six Flags park I have been to.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/24/09 6:26:42 AM

Welcome to URC, Sarah. I hope you get the chance to visit some parks outside your home state sooner rather than later. Your profile said your home park is Scandia. I've not heard of it. Can you tell us a bit about what it's like?

I'm heading to my "local" Six Flags in a couple of hours ...that's Great Adventure here in New Jersey.

Welcome again, and I hope we'll see you posting often!

Mike

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by CoasterWoman CoasterWoman Profile at 10/25/09 12:46:10 PM

My home park, Scandia is something like Boomers except more extreme. My most extreme home parks are Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain. But they are about 2 hours from where I live. Scandia is about a half hour from where I live. That's why I put it as my home park.

Sarah

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Wisconsin_dude_12 at 6/26/10 10:07:17 AM

After looking at the website, I have to conclude that Six Flags Great America is the best for sure. I go there twice a year and it still has amazing thrills.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by BellT at 6/26/10 10:33:37 AM

I've been to:

Six Flags America (my home park)

Six Flags Great Adventure

Six Flags Great America

Great America wasn't all that great for me. I've been twice. Raging Bull was like a slower Nitro which only left me wanting more.

Six Flags America has absolutely no redeeming qualities and is beyond ghetto. I seriously get my season pass from there so that I can go to Jersey and get free admission.

Six Flags Great Adventure has El Toro, Nitro, and Kingda Ka. The first two are my top 5 coasters (so far), so I will say Six Flags Great Adventure.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by SFGAman SFGAman Profile at 6/26/10 1:00:33 PM

Six flags great America all the way!!!

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by SFGAman SFGAman Profile at 6/26/10 1:02:04 PM

> Second would be SFGAdv, followed by SFMW, SFDL, and SFMM
> last.

> G-Dog

Just for the record if you ment SFDL to be six flags darien lake, then SFDL dosen't exsist anymore.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by SFGAman SFGAman Profile at 6/26/10 1:04:54 PM

One more thoing i lik SFGAm not just cause its my home park, but the park is clean and has a nice atmosphere too.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by shawnnash2005 at 6/26/10 1:28:31 PM

i think the best six flags park is sfmm for sure. yes it is not the cleanest park and the crowds can be a very heavy, but think about it. magic mountian is right by los angeles so you have alot of locals and people traveling from all over the world to visit the park that has the biggest roller coaster selection in the world. cedar point has as many coasters but do they have the only 4d coaster or a coaster like tatsu? they have mf and mavric which are great coasters as well but sfmm pretty much matches what they have and more.... if you want a beautiful park go to knotts or disney, if you want coasters and if i'm not mistaken this is ultimate coaster then go to ssmm. its the best six flag park hands down, cedar point is a right there with it but a bit behind, but point being is this forum is whats the best six flag park right?

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by alpengeistno3 at 6/26/10 1:51:12 PM

> Second would be SFGAdv, followed by SFMW, SFDL, and SFMM
> last.

> G-Dog

> Just for the record if you ment SFDL to be six flags darien
> lake, then SFDL dosen't exsist anymore.

Did you check the date on that reply? SFDL was more than existant...IN 2005!!!!

Paul

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 6/26/10 5:10:59 PM

> i think the best six flags park is sfmm for sure.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is only the best Six Flags park for a person who's never visited any of the others.

Trust me, Cedar Point is a much better park than Magic Mountain and so are Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Great Adventure.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by CarolH at 6/26/10 8:27:16 PM

> Six Flags Magic Mountain is only the best Six Flags park
> for a person who's never visited any of the others.

> Trust me, Cedar Point is a much better park than Magic
> Mountain and so are Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags
> Great Adventure.

But, is Cedar Point a better Six Flags park than Magic Mountain? :)

Having been to CP a couple of weeks ago & SFMM last Nov, I have to say I really enjoy SFMM more than the Point. That said, I visit the Point more often, living in Indiana it's much closer.
Maybe, it's the reverse for our Cali friend.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 6/26/10 8:35:59 PM

Since an old reply of mine was resurrected I guess I could go ahead and update my list as of 2010.

1. SFGAm
2. SFStL
3. SFGAdv
4. SFMM

SFWoA would be my favorite of the defunct parks then SFDL (though I still enjoy Darien Lake a lot).

G-Dog

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by JALLLL JALLLL Profile at 6/27/10 7:24:15 PM

Yea I agree SFMM is a dump, just like the rest of Southern California. Those of you thinking about visiting here, don't waste your dollars, you will be in for a big dissapointment.

All coasters East of Nevada Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am a Southern Cal native

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 6/27/10 9:23:08 PM

> Having been to CP a couple of weeks ago & SFMM last
> Nov, I have to say I really enjoy SFMM more than the Point.
> That said, I visit the Point more often, living in Indiana
> it's much closer.
> Maybe, it's the reverse for our Cali friend.

I live in Southern California, but rarely go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Last year I went there once to get my pass processed and to ride Terminator and my second visit was for the evening on Halloween. I think in 2008 I only visited the park once. I probably won't go at all this year.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by JALLLL JALLLL Profile at 6/27/10 9:50:54 PM

You know Eric, the truth is that there is way too much to be desired if you are a Southern Cal rolloercoaster enthusiast. SFMM.....for many reasons, including, the upkeep of it's older coasters, and the fact that it's close to LA, and the retarded gang bangers, that have no sense of humanity.

KBF is a nice place to go, but it's small and limited by the small amount of land it has to work with, and Disneyland Resort (great park and resort), is too over priced.

Not much outside of Souther Cal, or California that is!.....Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, and New Mexico don't have much.............so I have lost interest in coasters.

This was the first time I have posted here since probably 2001, only because I was curious as to what's been going on in the coasters world, which doesn't seem like much.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by skc2000 at 6/28/10 3:43:40 AM

> Great Adventure.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for a few different reasons Six Flags Magic Mountain is my favorite park for a few different reasons.

X/X2 is the only 4th Dimensional coaster in the world(i love it they should build more of them).

Tatsu is my favorite flying coaster

Riddler Revenge is my favorite stand up coaster

Also with the reopening of the observation tower about 3 or 4 years ago it,s also one of only 4 parks in the usa with spectacular views of all the rides in the park.Beleive me i have taken some great photos from up there.While the other parks that you mentioned i like those parks also SFMM is easily my favorite from all of them.

skc2000

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 6/28/10 5:21:31 AM

Revolution alone would get me to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain if it were running the way it did for from 1976 to 1991. The park screwed up one of my all-time favorite coasters. Fortunately, California Screamin', in part, makes up for the loss of Revolution. I love Ninja and it still runs great. Colossus is pathetic and sad. Terminator is a very good coaster. I will not ride Tatsu at all.

The main reason I never go to Magic Mountain is traffic. It takes 2+ hours to get there. I can get to Disneyland in 7 minutes and Knott's in 15. As of early May I'm not patronizing Knott's since they screwed me this year by switching from selling an annual pass to season pass. It was so poorly handled, so I'm down to just Disney for the rest of this year, which is fine with me.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/28/10 7:18:38 PM

> X/X2 is the only 4th Dimensional coaster in the world(i
> love it they should build more of them).

Only one in the US- slight correction there. There's another one in Japan.

> Tatsu is my favorite flying coaster

If only some park can build something even taller and faster than it for the east coast. I was disappointed Manta was 2nd best in most categories.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by JALLLL JALLLL Profile at 6/28/10 8:39:41 PM

I haven't been to SFMM since 2003. I have really scaled back on coastering since 2003, so my opinions are kind of based on not much recent experience.

I'll speak from my intution. SFMM is a great thrill park, but it leaves a lot to be desired on the little things that can have an impact on your expeirence there.

It depresses me to See Revolution in the condition it's in.......this ride was once a very very fun ride............now it's a... moderate thrill...... with much too much pain to have put up with.

KBF is awsome for it's size. Cedar Fair did a great job at turning this park into a short but intense thrill ride park, and family park.......I love it.

I love Disney Resort, just not in my budget right now.....due to the economy.

If I won the lottery.......the first Park I would visit is Cedar Point, because it looks like an aswome place, then Great Adventure.........and so on............. and so on, all the way to Disney's Magic Kingdom

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by shawnnash2005 at 6/29/10 4:39:32 PM

I've been to other six flag parks as well as cedar point. In my post as I pointed out I love coasters and thats why I love magic mountian. SFot and SFga are nice parks but have no where near the coaster selection. X2 is the only coaster like it in the states and tatsu is the best flying coaster around... In your other post you said you would not ride it.. just curious why?

> Great Adventure.

This forum was best six flags parks as I also pointed out in my post. Cedar point is not six flags. i agree its a close second as far as coasters and a much cleaner park, but that wasn't what the forum was about

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by BuschGardensVAFan at 8/1/11 3:08:02 PM

I think the best six flags is SFmm because the coasters are awesome, Scream, Goliath, Riddlers Revenge, Tatsu. The service might not be as good as SFga but it is still exceptional. SFga is the second best, Bizzaro, Kingda Ka

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/1/11 5:20:56 PM

> I think the best six flags is SFmm because the coasters are
> awesome, Scream, Goliath, Riddlers Revenge, Tatsu. The
> service might not be as good as SFga but it is still
> exceptional. SFga is the second best, Bizzaro, Kingda Ka

Just an FYI SFGA is for Six Flags Great America in IL, SF Great Adventure in NJ is SFGAdv.

My vote is for SFGAdv but I haven't been to SFMM so I can't compare yet. (tried to go twice but both times bad weather closed the park) :-(

Jen

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by SFGAman SFGAman Profile at 8/2/11 12:11:16 PM

My vote is for SFGAm...cause its the best :D . Friendly atmosphere, great rides and a very clean park.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by Tomes at 8/5/11 3:37:16 PM

Here is my opinion:
Six Flags is a crappy chain but with awesome rides. As far as the atmosphere goes, it doesn't compare to the cedar fair, busch gardens, universal or Disney chains..
That being said, I personally go to amusement parks for the rides, the atmosphere is just a plus. And based on that and only that, I have to say that my favorite park used to be Magic Mountain and it's recently been replaced with Great Adventure. Can't beat Bizzaro+Nitro+Kingda Ka+El Toro+Green Lantern.
Even though X2+Riddler's+Goliath+Scream+Tatsu+Backwards Superman+Deja Vu gets pretty close. It might be a tie. Plus I've never been on the wooden ones.

After those 2, Great America isn't bad but it needs some new rides, St Louis is lacking big time, and Over Texas was too long ago before they had most of their cool rides.. So I can't judge it (Flashback and Texas Giant were closed that day)

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/5/11 4:04:23 PM

I haven't been to Magic Mountain, but this how I would rank the current Six Flags I've been to.
1) Great Adventure
2) Over Georgia
3) Over Texas
4) Great America
5) New England
6) America
7) St. Louis
8) Fiesta Texas
I've also visited Worlds of Adventure, Darien Lake, Kentucky Kingdom, and Asroland when Six Flags controled them.

Re: What is the best Six Flags park? by boulderdashlc at 8/18/11 1:47:42 PM

I'm gonna have to say Great Adventure. It's a nice, clean park with plenty of fun rides.